AUGUST 23, 2010 Topic of the Day = Long Distance Relationships - Looking for LOVE!!!

Raul_Gon

Posted

AUGUST 23, 2010 Topic of the Day = Long Distance Relationships

I dated a guy for a year an a half, the only guy i have truly loved and for the last 4-5 months of the relationship he had to move to California. Those last five months were good and bad, bad because i could not see him and good because our relationship over the phone allowed us to learn soo much more about each other...but it did not work because it was hard not seeing each other...do you think its a good idea to have long distance relationships or do you believe they wont last long?

Posted

I think as long as the two lovers stay faithful, the long distance relationship can work out fine. I've never had a real relationship but I had a really good long distance relationship that I'm still in. We both go on cam and see each other and he makes me smile so much and he calls me baby and he just makes me the happiest person on earth. We both promised to stay faithful until we meet. Which I know he will stay faithful because he is not the guy to cheat. I love him

Posted

I think Joey hit on the nail when he said TWO LOVERS...a long distance relationship requires 2 people to commit to love. This is where faith, trust and love will guide the relationship. Hans Nouwens put it best when he said “In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” The key word is TRUE LOVE... this is something where it is the two...that make one...it may sound all weird and stuff, but it's true...and one sided relationship will only fail. I know this from first experience. Hope this helps...Cheers...

Posted

Yes,Long term relationship depends heavily on Long lasting love..
but unless u meet once in a long while, it is very natural for this relationship to slip from primary to secondary....Because when u dont see each other or touch each other u start looking somewhere else for this thing.
S what I believe is that having strong urge can last these relationships but there has to have meetings at some points.

Posted

In principal i agree with everyone, but wot happens when one paretner goes out on the tiles gets blind drunk cos they miss their lover so much that they inadvertently falls 4 a guy whilst in that state and ends up sleeping with them. AT what point is this looked over in a long distance relationship?

Posted

well I nurtured one once but it's not just for me. It may work for others but not for me. While there is a saying that absence make the heart grow fonder... it is also true that absence makes the heart forget. It may work if the separation will only be for a definite period of time but if there is no time frame to speak of and you keep hanging in there not knowing when you two will be together again makes it too difficult. Maitaining a same sex relationship is already difficult as it is, what with all the pressures and temptations coming from all directions, being away from each other for long periods puts in an additional strain.

Posted

yeah soo true...it was hard for us because we did not have that physical connection, kissing, hugging and cuddling when we were sad and stuff. It did not work for us but that does not mean it wont work for others, for others the emotional connection is strong enough to make a physical need unnecessary.

Posted

Hi,
Dont do it!!!!!!!!!
I did it once a long time ago, until he called me one night and told me he had found someone new, after I helped him out with money, bithday, chrismas presents, he always called me collect. Just heed everyones advice.........