relationships - Love and Romance

Ka****

Posted

ok so i have been with my partner for the past yr. when we first got together everything was brand new and amazing. Of course a few months into it things change and she starts to be controlling. so a few months back i left her cos i couldnt take it anymore. there is a age difference between us but ive always dated older women. so now its back to how it was before i dont have any friends where we live and the only people i know are her family and the people i talk to online ie. my space facebook etc....any suggeestions u could give me would be appreciated, cos i dont know what else to do anymore.

Thanx

Posted

hi katy. im sorry youre feeling this way. have you tried sitting your partner down and discussing the behaviors that make you feel this way? i know it may be difficult...but if she is controlling, it might be a sign. you shouldnt feel so alone and feel like you can only have friends in cyber space. do you go to school? do you work? maybe look into something like that so your time isnt focused just on your partner, but on you too. its important you stay healthy also. i hope you get through this and i wish you the best. take care.

Posted

yes ur right and i have tried sitting her down and it changes fora few days then back to the same. i do love her but dont feel in love with her like i used to. she doesnt care about the health problems im having and gets upset cos i even have them but ty for the advice anyway.

Posted

im sorry. dont give up though ok? if youre not in love with her its important to be honest. for your sake and hers. just be open and up front. things will fall into place. stay strong.

Posted

I am sorry that happened in your relationship. Sounds like she doesnt listen to you. Tell her you would like her to value your opinions and that you should have an equal voice in a relationship. You should be valued for you opinion no matter how different your ages are. Sounds like she takes advantage of this. Ask her if this is her problem.

Posted

hi kathy,
have you guys considered couseling, it could help and give your partner some insight on her behavior from an outsider. Sometimes we don't relized how our behaviors effect others until its too late. Good Luck and stay strong, this too shall pass. just remember to stay true to yourself and never settle.

Posted

That is a good idea. An impartial person to help work out the problems in the relationship, but only if you are ready to commit to work it out. It will take work to get through if and more than a couple sessions.. You can look up county or agencies to find places that work with lesbian couples. Get someone who does work with lesbians and does have the experience. Check them out.