Is your gayness noticeable, do you care?

Posted

Hey all

I’ve been out with my gay guy friends and sometimes when I introduce them to others, the response can be “Oh you’re gay, I didn’t know” (as if they were suppose to!) Or, if i tell a someone that my friend is gay, they will say “duh, I could tell”. Do you get annoyed when people say you are so obviously gay!? Or do you say "thank you"?

Posted

Good question! It doesn't bother me if people think I am gay but some people comment that it's not so obvious... what I like is that the gay community often think I am a top because of the way I look when in fact... LOL! Me and my friends are always laughing about these things

Posted

To look at me, it's not obious that I'm gay, which is probalby why I get more women chatting me up than men. Like Calvin, it doesn't really bother me if people think I'm gay or not.

Posted

I actually had a friend ask me a few weeks ago, "I don't want to sound rude but are you gay?" I told her, "Yes I am, I'm kinda surprised you haven't figured it out yet." I know she is oblivious to it, when i was introduced to her other friends at college, one of her friends noticed the rainbow earrings in my ears and knew i was gay and I didn't have to say anything. My friends don't care, I told them I'm still the same person you met and know. We still hang out when we all have spare time.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I'd actually prefer to be "obviously gay", It would spare me the trouble of having to come out a thousand times over. But from what I gather it seems that only other LGBT people know I'm gay, and heterosexuals usually don't. It doesn't really bother me one way or another, I just like to avoid the whole awkwardness of coming out :P

Posted

Honestly, I hate that ppl don't know that I'm gay. Almost no one can tell, which makes it hard to hit on ppl. What's worse is that I have terrible "gaydar" which leaves me hopeless. I don't act feminine/flamboyant and kinda wish i did if not to at least get someone's attention. Pathetic, I know but still.

Posted

i didnt go out yet, no one can tell.. it is so difficult!!

Posted

I just out to few close friends but I think most of my schoolmates know that I'm gay because of my behavior liked gay and sometimes there will be FREE publicity during among their gossip. Sometimes think horrible if disturb by female that didn't like but sometimes feel shy if sometimes being thought I'm straight.

• 3 months later...
Posted

I don't think it's noticeable, at least I think so. Do I care of what people think of me. Nope, not one bit. All I care about is that I'm happy of who I am that's all that matters to me.