AUGUST 25, 2010 Topic of the Day = Abussive relationships - Looking for LOVE!!!

Raul_Gon

Posted

I have personally not been in an abusive relationship but have friends and family members that have been or are...its always easy (and i can speak for everyone i think) to give good advice when you have experienced whatever that person needs advice on. So my problem is that i do not know what to tell my friends when they have been beat or verbally ***d besides the same old "you deserve better, leave him/her". and they always say "i love him/her" and my simple response is and i quote Tyra Banks "love does not hurt"
What is some advice i can give to my friends that they can actually relate to and can make them think about their situation. Share some of your stories, if not too personal, so i can get a better idea of where they are coming from and help them get out of this relationship...I'd appreciate it guys thanks

LOVE WEBS

Posted

Great advice - yes, love should not hurt (physically); unfortunately that's not true for the emotional side of things

Posted

If people keep going back to the abbussive relationship, I really dont feel sorry for them. My mom and dad were abussive to each other, my father was verablly abusive to me. One time after my parents got divoriced my mom came to me and asked me if it would be alright to get remarried to my dad, and I told her if she did, I would walk out the door and never tell anyone were I went.

Posted

i know its not good going back to the relationship but there must be a bigger reason why she/he is going back that i dont understand because she/he is smart and knows right from wrong but she keeps saying "i love him/her" and i guess she/ he cant leaver her/he.

Posted

Unfortunately, people who *** will generally continue to ***. If (and it's a huge IF) that person is willing to go for and participate in a program which addresses that specific behavior, then there is hope