how do i let go of my ex? - Love and Romance

Le****

Posted

I recently split with my ex and it was on really bad terms. we have been together over 2 years and i'm totally devestated its over. We have been aguing for the past 6 months and it was only inevitable what was coming next but i truly thought i was going to be with her forever. she is the love of my life and i dont want us to be over, so final and with her hating me. she is the first person i have ever really loved. it hurts more as i have been hurt before and have had a tough life but i felt i could talk to her about anything. now i dont have that i feel lost, i have no one else that i could or in fact would like to talk about things to. i want her back but we just constantly fight. i know we wont get back together so how do i let go?

Posted

Hi Leigh!
There's no denying; its very rough, and it can hurt for months even years but you just need to be strong for your own sake. YOU are the most important person in your life, so be good to yourself.
Try finding ways to make yourself proud, or do something radical to regain your confidence.

There's seven Billion people swimming around in this human fishpond - Earth, think that your ex was just one of them! Its so hard to find someone you can really connect with i know, but i think thats what life is all about; Finding and feeding of attractive energy you should see this as the beginning of another exciting adventure, no matter the outcome.

I also felt hurt after my last relationship ended 8 months ago. Hit rock bottom but things are better for me now.

It will get easier to bear, and eventually these sour times will make you hard like a hazelnut
Chin up Girlfriend!!!

Posted

thanks monica :-)

You're right in what you are saying, i do have to focus on myself and by that i am concentrating on uni and doing the best i can to make something of my life. I also have to move house so not much time to dwell on things lol.
As hard as it is and as much as miss her, maybe i need to just take time and enjoy some 'me' time for a while. I know she is doing that so why shouldn't i?
Thank you for your advice, believe me i will be trying some of your suggestions! I'm sorry to hear about your break up, what hurts you can only make you stronger! Take care x x