Do you believe... - Love and Romance

Posted

I used to believe there was one person...a soul mate. That if you pass her by or fuck it up you are fucked forever....I dont really know if I still believe that or not....

Posted

But if that relationship didn't work how was that your soul mate? Everything happens for a reason people come and go from your life for a reason.

Posted

A person can fuck anything up. Any relationship, any situation...anything. I am a professional fuck up HAHA!

Posted

I used to believe that there is someone out there for everyone. But now I am not so sure. I have looking for a long time and haven't found her. Maybe its that I am not looking in the right places. Maybe it is not meant to be. Maybe it's just fate that I won't find anyone and just be here by myself.

Who knows?

Posted

i do agree with u..

Posted

i think the problem with expecting a soulmate and perfect person is whoever we meet may not measure up to a fictitious person in our heads who may not exist... so we will dismiss a lot of wonderful people along the way if they are not quite perfect, while waiting for miss perfect, who may never come. So i think that we should be with each person on their own merits - because they will never live up to our expectations if they are illusory.

Posted

I think there's someone for everyone, but that doesn't mean that there's only ONE person for everyone. Like everything, you have to make compromises, but the thing that'll tell you if the person is right for you is how they make you feel, and the silly smile you end up with just thinking about them :-)

Charlene_Elizabeth
Posted

"but that doesn't mean that there's only ONE person for everyone"... Hmmmm, if that is the case, I will take 3 or 4 please LOL! Maybe 7 so I have variety for the whole week?!?!?

Posted

Well I'm greedy and take a while to recover, so I'll have my 7 all on one day and use the rest of the week to catch my breath lol

Posted

Charlene and Sarah, you guys are not thinking big!! 30 - one for every day of the month.
Or 52 - 1 for every week.
Heck how bout 365?
LOL!!!!! hahaha
just kidding!!!
seriously, if anyone has 1 extra, please introduce us (her and me) cause I am still looking for my 1.

Posted

lol, now that's drinking talk!

Posted

@Sharon true but when I think of my soul mate I don't picture a particular look or variety of features. I think it's more it's something you won't realize you have immediately it's time that shows you your perfection is and has been laying next to you for years.

Posted

I believe that there are many people out there that a a potential mate! Expectations must be dropped and I agree w/Tina even though I want to keep looking.I must just live in the moment and when I am ready the Creator will put someone in my path.I am trying to accept being alone and not look so hard.This is hard to do as I am in a new city and don't have many friends yet and haven't been in a relationship for a long time and am kinda lonely and missing all things about that aspect of my life.

Posted

Andrea - i wasn't referring to a particular look - though looks may be part of it... but the qualities.. eg the perfect soulmate would be someone who would support us, be a career woman (or not), sporty (or not), a wonderful cook, sense of humour, intelligent etc... and you're right... real perfection could be right next to you but you won't see her if you have your mind set on some imaginary amazing person.

Perfection is really working at a relationship and that the relationship brings out the best in the both of us...

Posted

Sharon,
Very true - it isn't a particular look and any relationship has be be worked on by both people in order for the relationship to work - good or bad times, both people need to work together and stand by each other.