JEALOUSY IS SUCH A WASTED EMOTION/FEELING! WHAT DO U THINK? - Love and Romance

Posted

I used to be a very jealous person until the day I realized it was harming my my past relationships. I don't know. I am a BRUTALLY HONEST person. I don't lie & I don't hurt people intentionally... But, it sure hurts when someone I love and care abt feels that I would lie abt something so trivial and when something is NOT even happening and I get accused even tho i'm NOT DOING anything wrong. I try to treat EVERYONE with respect & dignity just as I would want to be treated. Although, jealousy can also be somewhat a positive thing, in certain ways it could mean that u really are loved & ur partner is just showing (never mind) I lost my train of thought. I'm sending this out any ways..... If u get what I'm trying to say holler!

Posted

I am a jealous person. I don't want to be and I hate that emotion, because it literally messes up a person's brain, but I can't control it sometimes and the more times I have been cheated on the worse it gets. I am not sure I will ever NOT be a jealous person when I have been burned so many times. Not that I am proud of it.

Posted

great comment Amanda!

Posted

I think extreme jealousy is a sign of insecurity on the jealous persons part. I feel that there is a fine line though. Healthy jealousy is a good thing I think. It can show your partner that at least you do give a shit. If you just dont care what they do or who they are with, fucking, kissing, seeing, then there would arise an issue for me. Though I do think the unhealthy jealousy , the kind where you dont trust the other person or feel love for yourself enough for security in your relationship, is not healthy. Showing you care and unhealthy jealousy are two different things, in my opinion.....

Posted

I couldn't agree more with you Tina.

Posted

i think i get you. jealousy can be alarming, but at the same time it can also show that your partner wants you. i think there are better and more productive ways for your partner to show that they want rather than getting jealous and showing their extreme insecurities.

when i see a jealousy moment rising in myself. i turn it into a joke. it's better to make it funny than getting pissed about nothing. and damaging my relationship. my gf and i both cannot stand jealousy and think it is a waste of time. it's much more fun to joke with each other about it. that's us anyway lol

Posted

Tina, couldn't have said that better myself. & Sarah, that's what I do... Turn it into something FUNNY