Is it wrong - Love and Romance

Ma****

Posted

Do you think its wrong to want and need attention from your partner? Like Im really mad with my gf bc she puts her job before our family. This last week has totally sucked bc i have seen her maybe two hours and now I dont even want to look at her. Ugh Im totally annoyed with this! I told her from the get go that I am a very big attention freak and that I need it not only want it. I need to know that Im wanted all the time. Idk am I wrong for wanting this?

Posted

I don't think your wrong for wanting attention.
Its what you feel and that's that. No one can tell you that you shouldn't feel a certain way.
And I know exactly how you feel, same situtation with me and my last ex. But it didn't end too well. I tried talking with her and she just wouldn't understand. Hints why shes now my ex. But I don't regret talking with her because everything happens for a reason.
So I think you should just talk to your girl. She needs to know how you feel and hopefully she will try and understand and make it better

William_J._Reulbach
Posted

The thing is, talk to her, but don't sound needy or make alot out of it. The easiest way to make a partner nervous, unless you've been together a long time, is to harp. She should be told, but do it in a very casual way.
Don't get annoyed. When the time is right things will settle down enough to give you two the time you need. If she feels boxed in she might push away. She loves you, but probably has things going on that require her attention now. Relax, enjoy her when you see her, and let it play out.

Posted

Sounds like you were honest at the start but relationships are always needing to be worked at continuously from both parties to be successful. You both need time together as well as apart and I think you should write down the points that need addressed and how you could resolve any differences - you need to sit down and talk to her without any distractions and tell her how much things are affecting you. Maybe you are too needy or maybe she is too distant but you both need to come to a compromise for this to move on. Good luck.

Posted

My ex loved the tv and comp more then me. Every time we discussed it or I really got nasty about it he'd change for a month or so at the most. People are who they are. If you can't get her to even try to change now early in your relationship its just not going to happen. My current gf is on the same path, but she is trying to understand my needs. I swear next relationship I get in going to find someone who doesn't even own a tv...lol. Write her a letter if you don't really have time to talk explaining your feelings, and when your together don't let the anger ruin that time together. Be romantic and loving to her so she knows what your missing out on, and what you need.

Posted

i'm a bit like your gf in the sense of i dont always give enough attention to whoever i'm dating but you have to communicate that to her, but also think of why that may be? also, i can't speak for your gf but, for me if i'm with someone it's because i want to be with them. but i can understand your situation but i thought i'd put my point of view so you can see it from the other side. i mean yeah some are complete horrible people but some of us genuinly have reasons for being distant.

Posted

It is not wrong to want and need attention from your partner, that is part of why we have partners to begin with..... My wife almost always has her nose stuck into the computer doing something. I am lucky tho because me and my partner are both polyamorous so we have a girlfriend as well, I can get the attention that I need from our girlfriend, but it still annoys me that my wife can't leave the computer long enough for even a quick kiss sometimes.

Posted

No you are not wrong for wanting attention, that's completely normal in my book, maybe you should have a talk with her about it.

Posted

from my personal experienced i was the one working all the time and i wasnt always there for her but i did my best and she didnt give me enough credit.so i speak from the other point of view..its not wrong to want attention but another thing you have to keep in mind is she also wants you to support her in her job and show her that ure there for her no matter how hard it gets..i understand that it gets annoying to have to ask for attention to ure own GF but she probably feels like she would like some support from you ..dont give up just tell her you love her and try to have romantic nights with her .etc. if you love her talk to her and compromise ..meet half way ..dnt give up

Posted

o thank you all! I really needed to hear someone whos on the other end, it really helps. Im trying and Im just letting her know that Im in support of her.