confused in my own head. dreams that dont come true... - Looking for LOVE!!!

Ty****

Posted

just thought like starting a discussion. im not sure why i joined this group i guess ive always liked the idea of falling in love but have always been screwed over that iv just given up on it now. Its actually changed my view on being gay and how i see myself i feel as though being independent is the only way to keep from being hurt . anyone else have opinions thoughts gestures go ahead and throw em out there

Posted

there's nothing wrong with being independent... if that's truly what you want... but if your heart is telling you otherwise, go with it... its better to have love than to be lonely or to wonder on what you might have missed out on...

Posted

Yeah what justin said. You just need to follow your heart but dont let it lead you completly. Keep it locked up and only use the key when its time to open it. But listen to what it says and let it give you directions. Its just up to you wether or not you listen to it.

Posted

I dont think I could ever give up on love totally! It gives me purpose in life. I kow there will come a day when love will find me again. Until then, I will enjoy life as much as possible, keep a positive outlook on life, and make myself as independent on others as much as posible. Independence can be something that men look for in eachother. I know I find it attractive!

Posted

For me I simply could not exist in a state of dependance on anyone. However, I don't see why that should exclude the possability of love. When two people love each other the last thing either would want is to control or "own" the other & likewise why be a burden to someone if you love them? Personally, I am a romantic & have spent my life so far looking for the "one". Thought I'd met them once or twice, turns out not. Thems the breaks. Attraction is instant alot of the time but true love takes time to develop I think, it is a thing born out of respect & admiration in equal measure & must be reciprocated if it is not to become only infatuation or even worse, obsession! But hey! I can only speak for myself, we each gotta find our own way through the minefield! :-)

Posted

Lol i totally agree with my homie George love gives you somethin to believe its something that gives meaning for the reason why some of us are here on this site

Posted

I think its good to be independent. You are still very young in the game of romance and life Tyler, and going to school should be your first and foremost priority to define some kind of career base. Plenty of time for social stuff and lots of lessons and knocks to learn along the way. But nothing is wrong with having a steady, just that it sounds like you are ahead of a lot of the guys in your age range wanting that.
I am thinking the quality BF will happen for you when you have the right guy before you, and in a meaningful way. In the mean time always take care to be safe.

College really is a magic place so just enjoy it. Never again will you be surrounded by such a large number of people in such a similar age range and mode. Just make sure that your study habits are set on high and that you do what is required to stay there, its much more challenging than secondary school.

Posted

sounds like some experienced thinkers in here lol. ill take the advice and thanks joel your right i am looking foward to college just not looking foward to all of the immaturity that usually follows along, dont get me wrong i can be immature at times but when it comes down to the relationship department i suck im not a romantic im not the kind of person to be touchy feely with, i just wonder what its like to be into something longer than 3 weeks...yea that sounds bad lol. but all the guys ive dated are rich pricks who think they can buy trust and loyalty, i find the wrong ones and the good ones just dont seem real.

Posted

yeah i feel the same way idk if you are the same as me but i jus aint comfortable with bein all out there with it its weird to me and i havent been with a guy yet everyone i start to talk to starts to tell me you're too young or you are too whatever well after a while i started to not care..... i see what you mean with the buying loyalty and trust thing it kills me wen ppl thnk thats all it is not jus using money but with sex too.... its good but its not everything.....

Posted

Tyler im sure all of us have been there. I mean my first boyfriend lasted 2 months and he was my love. after he broke up with me all my other realaitonships over the year were like a month or few weeks or even one week. Nothing seemed to be like the one i had in the first place. So my point is eventually we will all be there were we finally have someone we can lean on. Its just having to much expectations will get you no where fast. I mean you should go for a whore or burgler or anything like that but dont look so much for what most people dont have. When you dont look for a realatiionship thats when it will find u

Posted

Idk.... i see reason in what you say ben but theres not gonna be too much love in a relationship if you play safe to get it...... the thing is not to get to attatched to a person..... the expectation part is the best part and its not that easy to change.... im always gonna look for the same thing in a guy whether i find it today or not and when you get with that special person he will be the one that can bend your expectations and make you wanna give in and he'll do the same for you... you cant jus completely stop hoping for something because you arent finding it...... [expect the worst but always hope for the best tyler]

Posted

Lol keep looking be careful not too careful....... and you dnt have to be romantic at all im not either yet i manage...... somewhat

Posted

hahhahaha you guys crack me up, but i see both your points. yea tony the romantic part is just...awkward should i say well not so much awkward but like-ahhhh i cant think. but tony im more on your side with this subject mostly because i dont want to lower my standards i did that before and i got drunk got taken advantage of because i thought it wouldnt be a big deal....and i was so wrong but all of this has made me stronger i guess more aware of how i juge people and how i see things in someones personality. im big on studying people when i meet them so thats what i do relationship wise and all i find are fake asswholes who only want the ass...typical.

Posted

Haha i think thats a better attitude. Just look on what the bright sides are of things XD I know how you feel though tyler. Like with all my heart and soul i do. Just...keep your heart in a special place=]