When is over, really over? - Love and Romance

Je****

Posted

When do you need to pull the plug on your relationship? Is there a limit to there is just too much water under the bridge? Even though you still love that person and just can't seem to live with them, what should one do?

Posted

I think that if you are not able to live with the person then it is time to step back and evaluate your relationship. Take a week apart see if you miss the person and wish they were there or if you are relived that they are gone. If it is the second one then it is time to throw in the towel. The relationship has ran its course and it is time to move on. If you find yourself missing them and wanting them then maybe you need to sit down and discuss what it is that is shaking up the relationship in the first place. Both of you should come open minded and willing to fully listen to the other person. Arguing will not do anything to help the relationship. There may be things that are hard to hear but it is always best to lay everything out on the table and see if going forth with the relationship is truly best.

Posted

Very good advice Cash Money....Thank you

• 1 month later...
Posted

I think it's a matter of balance. Every relationship has good times and bad times. When I am having bad times in a relationship I try to assess whether the good out weighs the bad, or vice versa. If the good still out weighs the bad then I will stick it out until that shifts the other way. If the bad outweighs the good, then I will try to figure out if there is anything that can be done to change the bad parts. I, also, like to think of it like this: "If we broke up tomorrow would I feel like I had been taken advantage of? Would I regret how bad I let the relationship get? Or would I regret not having tried harder."