Is it a burden to love your partner more than your partner loves you? - Love and Romance

Posted

Only if you feel that you love your partner more than your partner loves you, do you think it's something bad, that sometimes your partner just doesn't show that affection towards you or show as much?

You think you have sacrificed a lot for your partner but your partner just doesn't or maybe not willing to sacrifice as much. You do know that your partner loves you but sometimes it just doesn't work that way.... What do you think in a long run?

For countries or regions that doesn't recognize gay marriage, are you secure for having such partner? or do you risk the chance of being dumped after you've gave everything to your partner, financially or non-financially? Or maybe one of the precautions is not to give EVERYTHING to your partner? but what if she's really the one?

Hmmm.... Interesting topic I've been thinking about but I wonder whether I'll be getting any response...

Anyway... Please share your thoughts....=)

Posted

Maybe that partner doesnt show her emotions as much as you do. Some peoples are more straightforward and showy and others are more like a closed book. You might find it hard at times, but you'll have to open that book and turn the pages with ur partner... Whatcha think ?

Posted

not everone is lovey dovey @ all times.
it does get a bit overwelming.
like when u r busy, but it is nice to show/receive affection.
too much affection can be clingy...

Posted

what you should consider is the past of that individual, everyone is different to everyone else, people deal with situations that happen to them in different ways. some people let things go over their heads and never think about it again, where as others will dwell on them. maybe your partner has been hurt and finds it hard to open up completely, maybe she is scared to show how much she loves you because of the same insecurities your are showing. i do think that in a relationship it is very rare that you will find 2 people who love each other in the same way, every partner you have and fall in love with, you love them differently from the previous partner, doesn't mean that love means any less. the only reason why someone would over think this issue would be that they were scared to lose their partner, this is because they feel or know the relationship is either not working or has no future.

Posted

Hmm good question. I do feel this way actually.. In my situation, my fiance has never been in a relationship besides me. Chrystelle mentioned opening that book and turning the pages with your partner, but how exactly do you do that..? If they are not willing to open that book or dont understand what they are doing wrong or what they "need" to do then what do you do? My fiance does want to be around me at all times which is fine for me. I do feel I love her more than she does me but its because of actions and words when I try to love on her at times.. She is NEVER clingy though really, except when someone else has my attention. I try to cling to her and just hold her at times but shes there for a minute and more interested in something else she wants to do..?? : / I havent been able to give her everything because she will not "let me". I try and its like I get pushed away in a way. Like if she kisses me, its like one moment and then shes done or just one kiss.. Idk.. She thinks that making love is such a special thing that it should only occur occasionally, like 2 or 3 times a year..?? It is special but I would like it to occur more often than that..

Posted

Well, try to talk to her about how you feel then. Communication is a great key. My last relationship ended because neither me and her were talking much.

Posted

In my last relationship I gave up everything for my partner; friends, family, books, birds, dogs, job, gave up going out regulary, making new friends, in the end I resented them as I gave up everything and they gave up nothing, nothing I did was good enough so I gave up trying to please them, packed up my kids and left. 5 years of trying to please someone who didn't care about me was a complete and utter waste. The give and take should be equal between partners. And respect needs to be there or you end up bitter. (can you tell? lol)

Posted

Thanks for the response but keep'em coming... =)

Posted

You know.... years ago my partner and I met a couple that had been together for 30 years. So we asked them how was it that they made it for so long. Their response was simple "Communication is the key dear,,,,, communicate even when you don't feel like it...." Me and my girlfriend has practiced this for years and it seems to work. I like a lot of affection and she is not the touchy feely type of person. By communicating we were able to find a happy resolution to the situation. For me to expect her to constantly give me attention was selfish and unrealistic. It can also scream desperation. Whatever the case may be it is always better to be straight forward and honest with your partner. Honesty is not always the easiest way out but it makes you stronger as a couple in the long run.