What makes a person........ - Love and Romance

Posted

What sort of attributes makes a person ' handsome or beautifu' ? Personality is a biggie for me, l always see it this way if your only going by looks they always fad and what do you have then....

Posted

i totaly agree with you.
dont judge a book buy its cover.

Posted

Interesting question! I always thought that whatever you have inside it gets projected on your outside as well, you know what I mean? If someone is shrewd you can always see it on his/her face, right? And where is the beauty in that?

Posted

its a good why to think however i think we are all guilty of judging people - you can only get to know people if you give them a chance a people very rarely do that.
there is an attraction thing that happens first - thats what we act on more that anything

Posted

&gt Eva; I totally agree with you that how or who a person is on the inside is projected on the outside. Realistically, I think we all like a little "eye candy". Outer beauty is always a plus, but should never be the most important thing about a person [in my opinion]. I have a tendency to look at someone's eyes first. The eyes can truly say a lot about a person's personality. A good heart and a good spirit about a person shines through.

Posted

@ Susan
Thank you Susan. Surely, if the matching character comes in a beautiful package you won't hear me complaining! But the "inside" is what stays with you in the end that's why it should be valued more.

Posted

Thank you for your comments, you all have good points, l agree with the eye comment if someone doesnt look your in the eyes when your speaking to them then yes they more then likely have something to hide.

Posted

love the good advice.... you rock

Posted

so true never judge a book by its cover ...... that's what my poppa use to say

Posted

an if you just listen to how a person talk an how they treat others then you would know who they really are...... love and blessing to all

Posted

Totally agree the language that l hear from girls in chatrooms when they are chattin to each other is disgusting

Posted

hahaha! Lee you are so right! But I have to say that I heard the greatest liars using the best way of talking so I'm not that impressed by the "language" factor. However, if you want to check sbd then judge based on their actions! Actions speak louder than words.

Posted

So we should all have open our minds and not judge ppl by their looks but still be on your guard for liars and cheats.....LOL. seriously l try to take ppl as l find them if they do me wrong it is hard for me to forgive them.

Posted

I accept ppl for who/what they are. No need to change them since I'm attracted to them for who they are to begin with. And I don't respond well when sbd is trying to change me; so simply, I'm not doing the same.

But to return to our original subject, it does't matter if they are pretty/handsom/cute/giving/great personality; some people just "click"! You never know why (a chemistry thing or whatever) and there is no need to explain it. It just happens.

Posted

so i sat here and read everything you woman have said =)
And i completely agree.
Actions speak much louder than words, i have been in some rough situations talking to girls out of state or even in my area and they talk the talk but they cant seem to catch up with there words when there trying to walk that walk.
Looks arn't everything although it is something you are first attracted to in some scenarios....
I look at it this way... My parents when i was younger use to tell me...
"Krista if you lost about 30 pounds you could have a boyfriend"....
I was always offended... one because who says that to there child and two because i dont think its my weight....
Of coarse weight is something EVERYONE frets over... but a personality is what makes a person. isnt it?... isnt that what was taught?.....
I know im lesbian one because womens beauty attracts my childish heart and eyes... they make my lips tingle and chills threw my body... I think woman are extraordinary in all areas .... which im sure many of you agree...
But still in the back of my head when i meet a girl... something automatically triggers me to think OMG (that image of an all american girl.... with that body you cant resist) isnt me at all... and what if...
But if you are that shallow you suck! and you be missing out on a great girl :P

Posted

Krista - You are right, weight should not be an issue. Too many people focus way too much on how much someone weighs and then makes a poor judgement call on what kind of person he/she is based on that weight. Personally, again, it's all about a person's personality, spirit, and heart. My love has a little extra weight on her and she can be pretty self conscious about it. I can understand that. But she is so beautiful on the inside that it shines on the outside. The only time weight should be an issue, and I mean the only time, is if there is some kind of health issue.

The questions I ask are these.. does your heart ,melt when she smiles? Does your heart skip a beat when you hear her coming in the door? Can you remember that first kiss with her and still get butterflies just thinking about it? When all is said and done, is she there for you when you truly need her and you for her? Is she your best friend? For me, these are important questions; and for me, the answers for all are yes, even after 16 years.

Posted

I always say make me laugh and I'm yours. Humor is the first thing that attracts me.

As for the rest of it, we have to have some things in common. For example, I really don't like people eating meat in my house or smoking cigarettes in my bed. Loving ***s is important. Caring about the environment is important. The ability to drink your face off and maintain yourself is important {I'm a bit of an alcoholic, lol} I am really social and flirty, so she has to have a real strong ego, that matches mine.

One of my lovers is a thicker girl. She is really curvy, beautiful, and quite hilarious. Weight does not matter to me. I like tattoos though, and I like people that march to the beat of their own drum. I love show offs

Posted

New to the site and sampling around a few groups.
Decided to join this one as it seems to have topics that matter to heart of many.

To answer this discussion it really boils down to preferences. For myself I like a person whose essence is illuminating, posses a sense of humour, can voice and defend their opinions with confidence. Physical attractiveness is relative.

However for someone else it could be something entirely different.

Posted

I agree with you all.So many people take one look on the outside and say no way.How do they know that she was not the love they wanted or needed.I always get to know someone before I say no way.All women are beautiful in there on ways people just have to stop and take that time to see it.So ladies all of you are beautiful inside and out and never let anyone tell you different.

Posted

Hi Deania there are not many people who think like you, if you havent got a hot body and beautful face then your not worth a second look to these people. In my experience hot looking people tend to only love themselves.

Posted

Hi Lee you are right to many people think if you don't look one way your not worth the time.I have never met a woman that was not beautiful.I always look for everything in everyone when you do that that is when you find the real beauty of someone.I have to thank my parents for bringing me up this way.I have 3 sons and they think the same way that I do.It's not just what's on the outside that matters the inside does too and when you look for both you find amazing beauty in that person.So like I said before to all you ladies you all are amazingly beauthiful and don't let anyone tell you different.