what love means to you? - Looking for LOVE!!!

Posted

when I joined the group, I thought about the title: "Looking for Love" and wondered: "what is love?"

we're all looking for love, but what would be love?
what is love to you?

Posted

love, as is so often said, and i believe it too, means never having to say u're sorry. love is patience and understanding. love is unconditional. love is ***. love can be lonely. love is joy.
love is seeing all of the good and bad in someone and still accepting and loving that person all the same.
however, the whole love is patient, love is kind thing is bullshit. love is not kind.
it's as cruel as it is wonderful. well it can be anyway.
one thing i do believe about love is this:
hate is easy, love takes courage.

Posted

lovely quote: "hate is easy, love takes courage."
i really believe it

Posted

What love means to me? Hm mm good question. Not shore right now. I was in a relationship but not my partner. I thought it was love, but not everyone looks on love the same way.
I do believe the quote: "hate is easy, love takes courage."
If you lose hope in love then hate is not far behind to take it's place in your life or your heart. you must have courage to keep love in your life.
Nice topic Jarbas.. ;-)

Posted

i agree with Eric.
i've fallen for somebody i work with and i've been in love twice before.
well, i still love the second boy i fell for to tell the truth.
point is, three times i've been in love, and three times love was in vain. despite that fact, i still haven't given up on love or lost hope that one day i'll find it in someone who will love me in return.
and yes, this IS a nice topic

Posted

Love is an action, not a feeling. Love is something that you do for somebody else. If to love is courageous, then it because you risk the loss of not being loved in return. And there should be no expectation of anything in return. Love is "for free and for fun." There are no conditions placed on it. And there is no requirement that it be reciprical. When conditions are placed on it, like what many parents do to their gay children, then we call that: conditional love. I am seeking unconditional love and you just can't make that happen.

And yes, I have be "in love". My partner of 17 years loved me very much. He did things for me and I did things for him. It was beautiful. When he died 18 mo. ago, I thought I could never go through it again. But alass, here I am once again. Just trying to be good to people and to be the best person I can be. I'm looking for someone to love.

Posted

is a shame and I am ashamed to say it, but I guess I never loved anyone and never was loved, too.

I never said "I love you" and never heard. not for being a bad person. i never said 'cause I didn't feel I should say.

should not, but I see love with something quite complicated. I guess I've no luck with love.

Posted

Just go love somebody. Stop waiting for them.

Posted

It's not so simple to simply just love someone, giving your love to someone just so you or they can get hurt is a bit difficult. This is not always the case of course. But love is something that comes with time. It is not immediate, it is build with time and experience. To truly love a person, you need to first love yourself. If you lack the confidence and structure to love a person what hope do you have to give that love to another? That's not to say that you don't learn with time and experience. What is love though? How do we as people percieve love? Is it something physical? Or rather something emotional?
Really, it's all a matter of how you perceive things. Or that's how i see it anyways.

Posted

You have very good questions Andrew.
I agree with you, you can't just go out and simply love someone.
It takes time for love to grow within us, to get to know someone the right someone, for us. And love is different for every one because we are different to and from each other. I think For me , love is how we as people perceive life, friendship, relationships, and SEX.
For me love is more emotional then physical, but the physical part of a relationship is something That I love, I think this is true for most people.
Some people make a difference between emotional and physical love. For me you can't have the physical with out the emotional love. The two are part of life and part of the same coins, to paragraph a saying. Love yourself and life will Love you back.

Posted

Love is all about loving yourself and respecting your body. If you don't love yourself no one will love you. You need to understand that noy al of us will love you and not all of us will praise when there is something good that has happened for you. It all about what oyu want to be seen as in the public.

Posted

I'm tired reading all of your posts. LOL. I think all of you already describe the meaning of love.

For me, LOVE is made by God and uses by the people to create a good mutual relationship among people around you, not only by your partner but to everyone who's connected unto you. It is compose of Honesty, Caring, Responsibility. Bow!