Does true love exist? - Love and Romance

Posted

For years I have been in relationships for the wrong reasons :-( to be told that someone loved me meant everything in the world to me, because back then... I never loved myself. I had a very low self-esteem, because I had been hurt so very many times by people in my life, even people I believed to be friends treated me unfairly.

It has taken a long time for me to see... But I am happy to be alone now, I don't need to grab on to someone to make me feel complete. I understand who I am, and what I want from life. To fall in love with someone would be a bonus, but for someone to fall in love with me... that would be a life changing experience for us both to go through together.

I want someday to be able to say, this is my girlfriend, the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with, and she wants to spend the rest of her life with me. We would be lovers, and best friends... One day I hope, and I hope true love exists

Posted

Hi Katie,
As you have said and I agree many of us for one reason or another began relationships for some wrong reasons. But along the way if you keep striving to learn about who you are and what you desire then you may run across that person completely by accident.

In my life, I did what I thought was expected, then did something to save a friend, then was lured into very deceptive relationships until I discovered the strength within to say (an believe it was ok) enough is enough. I am strong on my own, although it is riddled with difficult challenges.

I've met an amazing women recently. There is no agenda, no gile, no deceit. We realized that we have both wanted the exact things all of our lives. I know couples who have and held onto true love, some for over 50 years. I wish I had known what I desired sooner and the strength to release those who never belonged. But life is a journey and we all makes mistakes. I figure if you end up stronger than before you are at least headed in the right direction. Best wishes.

Posted

Thank you Debbie,

Your reply was beautiful, it's nice to see that there are true people out there, along with all the fakes. Finding the strength to be yourself is the greatest gift of all... and no lover can give you this... this is something that is very much inside us.

xx

Posted

I do believe in true love...im getting to the point its depressing not to I crossed 1000+ miles to find mine it didn't work but atleast I tried stay available for love and I believe we'll all find our other half's

Posted

It is difficult to find one's true love as you get older. I thought I found her not too long ago and got taken on a bad ride. It is hard to find someone when you are older and I happen to live in a very redneck area. No lesbian insight. But I do like looking every where I can.Dating sites are such a joke.I might be going out to live with my bff and her lover in California and see a better life there.Hey, I have been a lot of places, one more is going to be great. Looking forward to it.I can't wait. Hugs, Teri

Posted

I can say I stayed to long with my ex of 26 yrs ,but I stayed because of my son. then I told myself that things would be different now, that the kids were grown she would love me again but she didn't so I ended it. and that was 7 yrs ago. I have been single ever since and, I'm happy with my life right now. I hope one day to meet a woman, who i can introduce to my family & friends and ,say I love this woman and this woman loves me, what a wonderful day that will be. I'm using this time to fine tune myself and make me a better person.

Posted

i do believe,when i was at my lowest and thought i'd be alone and unwanted destroyed by an ex it was then from no where that i found my true love,I wasn't looking but she found me anyway,so don't give up love is out there looking for you and it will find you