Hello there, just wondering how to find a girl. - Love and Romance

Lu****

Posted

I've been interested in girls since I was 14 but never been able to find someone to have a relationship with, so I've gone for guys but every time it's gone wrong for me and I just don't feel good with guys. So how do I determine who is and isn't into girls and how do I go about finding one for me?

Posted

Best way to find out if someone is into girls, is to ask. But if you don't wanna just walk up to a chick and be like "You have a rockin' ass! You a grazer?" then my advice is to pick up of their body langage. You can pick out many lesbians based on clothing, gestures, and even voice. I know that sounds like im stereotyping and labeling or whatever but most sterotypes are true.

To find a girl for yourself my advice is to join groups that you have stuff in common with. Start socializing with the gay community around you. Internet or in daily life, both offer large opportunities to find your match

Posted

Thanks for the advice, I'll try out what you said and see what happens

Posted

I also find that while some people are stereotypes naturally, others will adopt stereotypes, although I'm noticing more and more lesbians are tending to dress and look like they're straight, and in some ways thats good, and others bad. Going to lesbian bars might be an idea too, I've still got to get myself to the Fox in Brum at some point, but too busy with other things generally at the mo'.

Posted

True true. I think people take on those stereotypes for a few reasons. They may just want to be recognized with that particular group or they see the stereotype and like it so they take it on as there own.

Posted

I get the feeling sometimes that some feel they need to dress in a certain way to be identified as Lesbian or feel like they're lesbian but I prefer to just dress as I normally do. I don't like butch or masculine looks, I like girls because they look like girls and I think they're beautiful.

Posted

Finding out if someone is gay or not is impossible. For me at least. I normally leave it for someone to approach me but that hasn't proven very effective lol! Gaydar really does not exist no matter what people say.

Posted

It's quite hard to find someone who shares the same values as yours in a large mixed community base. I once went to a straight club and had a crush on a girl. For some reasons, I did feel the chemistry between us and that she was interested in me. But I was afraid to ask, because first of all, the place was pretty much straight and I did not want to scare her off. Secondly, she could be drunk and did not know what she was doing. And yeah, I missed her and the crush lasted for weeks and it was so annoying ))))

Posted

I am like you Rose -- leave it up to someone else. but that doesn't work. I've been to a lesbian bar, but most there were with their partner. But I haven't given up, still looking.