I miss my soldier.. - Love and Romance

Posted

I miss her so much.. Though she will be home soon I still miss her like crazy.. I feel so alone.. Losing friends due to jealousy n other small reasons.. They weren't my real friends anyway.. Acted like they were happy for me but where really burning green with envy.. It feels so lonely.. Having a love no straight person can see not feel.. Let alone understand.. I have very little support but I never really want her to worry about me so I keep a smile on my face.. My soldier will be home soon n life will start over again for us, as it does with each deployment. I just wish her a safe and happy return to me..

Posted

What a lucky soldier to have you waiting with such an open and loving heart to come home to. You are right about about the other friends falling away out of jealousy and straight people not understanding the kind of love and the depth of the love we feel for another woman. You are truly blessed to have found someone to have completed your heart in such a way that makes your smile light up your face like that Blessings to both of you!

Posted

Aaaaw that was so touching.. Ur response bought tears to my eyes.. It's such a hard thing to deal with Alone u know. I really appreciate the kind and uplifting words you've bestowed upon me lol made me feel a whole lot better than what I felt earlier while I wrote lol. Thanks again.

Posted

You are most welcome hon I'm sure youe sweetheart misses you just as dearly as you miss her and your reunion is going to be one full of so many special emotions. I know that things are tough when you can't be with your loved one especially when your friends are letting you down...stay strong...I'm just a new person but I will be on your side until she gets back and you can wrap your arms around her

Posted

@ tonia.. Thanks for the support I really appreciate it alot Hun :0)

Posted

@ jeanie yes war is hard I've noticed a few changes in her over the last four years and ur right. I'm just not gonna turn my back on her that way.. We can get through it. U have to love unconditionally to be able to love a soldier. Thanks again hun.

Posted

Jai - I can't truly understand what you feel, as I have never dated a soldier. ...but knowing how much I miss my love when she's gone for just a day, I can definitely imagine the struggle of loving a soldier. she is very lucky to have you waiting for her, it sounds like you have a really good head on your shoulders and a lot of love in your heart.

I'm sorry to hear about your friends, cause if there's anything you need right now - it's friends. There are people out there, though. Maybe it would be helpful to find support from a group in your area (Dallas, right?). I used to live in Dallas, and I know for a fact there are some GOOD people in Dallas. I'll be here for you if you need someone to talk to. I'm on the opposite side of the country, now.....but feel free to message me if you need a friend. I may also be able to give you some ideas of where you can find support in the Dallas area.

Anyhow, the point is - you need new friends! In the mean time - Stay Strong! And know you've got people behind you to support you, even if they're just people you know via the internet.

Posted

Thanks a bunch @ Erin i really appreciate the love and support that you are offering.. Ideally you would think that because I live in Dallas that I'd be able to find an appropriate support group right? Wrong, I've searched high and low for the last few months I've gone through these deployments alone n I've always thought there would beca support group for the spouses of soldiers who work under the DADT policy.. Wrong again.. These have been the loneliest of times for me.. I'd appreciate it if you could help me find the support i need in the Dallas area.. I'll keep in touch. Thanks again

Posted

No problem Jai, and I am so proud of you sticking with her in an unconditional way and hope she reciprocates the same feelings. I have had 3 relatives plus my Dad who was also in the service during WWII and have met some from Normandy landing too. Then I was raised with watching war stuff and now watch some very realistic movies about Iraq. I watched one with Matt Damon not too long ago and he played a mine expert and had to find mines and blow them up to keep them from killing innocent people in Iraq. My brother who was over there said the movie was very realistic. Everything I have seen and heard from friends and loved ones from WWII, Vietnam, and Iraq all tell me it changed them. I hate war and what it does to people and how one death affects so many. I love John Lennon's song "Imagine" which came out after the Vietnam war was over. I wish all the rulers of all the lands would give peace a chance but with terrorists out there now it is so hard to achieve. I have written some poetry about war if you would like to read some. Just write me a private message and I will be glad to share them if your interested. Feel free to chat on here to. We have some wonderful people on here who will listen/read if you need any sounding boards.