Are the nicest gays closet gays? - Looking for LOVE!!!

Posted

In my experience, most gays - perhaps the nicest ones, are invisible or just in town passing off as straight.

The beautiful ones are out & taken, and probably very happy, the seedy or desperate ones are in clubs & bars hoping to be picked up for cheap sex, and the nice, ordinary ones I'd probably get on with are never actually seen, and are therefore out of range.

Anyone else feel like this, or is Cardiff, or me just 'special'? (cough!).

Posted

I think that's a pretty clear estimation actually.

Posted

Totally agree - the other kind is so much easier to find (and harder to lose)

Posted

them and also the submissive types as well to be honest

me i happen to be a former closet type turned out of the closet submissive gay man myself but then i happen to have a thing for authority figures when it comes to a reasonalbly harmless mutually consenting and enjoyable master-slave/pet lovers relationship as doms subs relationships go

Posted

Oh god.. then there's no hope!

Posted

totally agree!!! I wanna meet someone like that :/

Posted

eh iv known some that are nice... and they werent in the closet

Posted

I guess that my take on this is that each of us should be doing that with which we feel comfortable; we don't have the right to tell another guy what he should be doing. I feel that coming out is a triple gift: first to ourselves - it's the freedom to be who we are as individuals and not hide anything or be ashamed of who and what we are. Secondly, it's a gift to other gay men, proclaiming that we are part of . . . And thirdly, it's a gift to society in general - letting the "world" know that we are out and proud of who and what we are. I came out of the closet at the age of 52, after 25 years of marriage to a woman. I have 2 wonderful adult sons - wouldn't trade that for anything. Was staying in the closet all of those years a mistake? At first, I felt it was; yet I can't say that today. Had I not been married, and stayed in that "situation," the world would not have these 2 awesome men. So something great resulted; I don't regret the past and truly appreciate today for what it is.

Posted

I agree with johnny. lol
Even if the right guy is out there, the odds of meeting him aren't very high. Just look at the way heterosexuals and even bisexuals like myself go through the same issue. And you'd think as a bisexual, it'd be easier not being limited on gender.

Posted

It's true Robert. People say things like,"your soul mate is out there". They maybe right,but in a world with the populkation of over 6 billion what are the chances of meeting this so-called soul mate?

Posted

Precisely. That's the reason I don't tell people things like that. And the reason I've decided to just give up on dating either gender. What IS love anyway, other than a neurochemical reaction? Apparently that makes me a mean person though.

Posted

You're being realistic,and I don't think you're mean,I do however disagree with the neurochemical reaction thing. I mean I wouldn't mind being in love I just don't think that the possibility stands for me.

Posted

I could be wrong about the way I view it, but I'm a scientist by nature. I do agree that love is becoming less and less of a possibility in this world, though. That fact just seems to be hitting us harder than it does the rest of the world because we're already a misrepresented and/or unacknowledged minority. It doesn't help that so many are ***d to keep to themselves for *** of consequences either.