Trying To Find... - Love and Romance

Sarah_Lindborg

Sarah_Lindborg
Posted

Everyone is trying to find love, regardless of sex and orientation. Everyone in the world is different, with opposite opinions. I believe that, through connection of opposites, learning differences in those that are similar, we can find a new way to coincide in this world. With how much anger is bestowed in our heads from birth about this race, and this type of person, the only way I see us rising above how we're nurtured is to view these things we have been taught to hate and try to understand them.

I wanna know, basically, what everyones opinion of love is. I believe it's finding that person you can open up to about anything, without hesitation. Finding that person who loves you for you and shows you your faults, not negatively, but positively so you may grow, and grow together. I believe that it is, yes, the person who will take all your bullshit, but also not at the same time, they let you know of your mistakes as gently as one can. I believe finding that 'one' is all about how you make each other grow, and how well you work together.

Posted

it is great to find that one who accepts all your fault and live with all your bs and that is good, but have your dealt with your own? Part of our own bs is dealing with it is owning up with what is truly acceptable parts of our behavior to be put on another. We have to be able to deal with our own stuff and learn how to communicate and say what is on out minds to work out the relationship. We carry our bags of shit from family and past relationships and have to deal with all this stuff so it doesnt interfere in our present relationships

Posted

I really agree with your idea of love, Sarah...but to paraphrase Sam Harris ("The End of Faith" - excellent book, btw), love is, along with everything you said, the degree to which you really want someone else to be happy. I think adding *that* to the mix causes a lot of ***ful questions for most people - I know it did with me - "I love this person, but would I truly want them to be happy with anyone else *other* than me?" I think if someone answers no, then it's more attachment than love, and attachment is incredibly harmful. If the answer is a yes, however reluctant, then you truly do love the other person.

But I think I'd like to add to what you said, too...love isn't only something everyone's looking for.....I think there's something so deeply rewarding about being able to share your life with one special person that it might even be integral to our own happiness in these short lives we're given. I think it's *absolutely* necessary, and I think it's one of the worthiest things we can aspire to as human beings. (:

Sarah_Lindborg
Posted

I can surely agree with you, Mandy. Now that you've said it and it's mulling around in my mind... wanting the other to be happy, that coming first, speaks levels of the feelings you ourself posses, and since so many people are Selfish now -a-days it's an easy way to test what you have with another, test your own ambitions in the relationship and test what your feelings truly mean/are.

Posted

Thank you, Sarah....(:

Yeah...I *do* try to be more than I am....and I hope I don't sound too pretentious saying that, but....I think wanting to be more than one is - personally - is a good way to bring a person into one's life who will be up to the standards they're reaching for. (I hope I don't sound silly, but I'm a huge believer in the Law of Attraction, so....xD)

Sarah_Lindborg
Posted

I think it's beyond law of attraction though, lol... that wanting to be more than just what *YOU* are, is in someway the growing factor as well. I started this discussion because I truly believe that world unity is, hate to say, impossible. Only I think it's impossible because we can't, ever, think outside our own mind... walk a thousand miles in anothers shoes... see things from anothers pair of eyes... and if we can reach this, this point of taking others opinions and viewing their views instead of just discriminating, we can over come the impossible. But not many people are willing to come to these conclusions and take the steps needed. See I believe that love, not just that found with a significant other, is what holds this world together. But in the loss of humanity within people, we've lost love for one another and thus... our world is falling apart. I know... I am a nerd

Posted

If you're a nerd, we need more nerds like you. And...let me take your nerdiness one step further. (:

We're not *just* people. We're the divine taking human form. We are all power, all knowledge, all beauty, all love. But so many people choose to be less, instead of being more. Instead of connecting to source energy, to the divine, people choose to connect to their ego - these meaningless, empty things we build up and say "this is me." Egos consist of petty grievances, prejudices, and labels. I used this example recently with the girl I'm seeing....it's like in the Matrix. People are buzzing about, their eyes focused on these dirty little streets, and if you told them there was so much more to the universe than they could ever imagine, they wouldn't *want* to believe you. You couldn't wake everyone up...because not everyone *wants* to wake up. And if they don't wake up and choose to embrace who they *really* are, which is much more than they can imagine, they're choosing to be less.

So...it's up to people like us to spread love wherever we can....and right, like you said, not *just* romantic love....romance is only one face love can wear. Love in its purest form can really do amazing things, and it's not being served any less for just a few of us spreading as much of it as we can into the world. And I promise you...*our* lives will be better as a result. (:

Posted

welcome to the world, I am a geek. I work in electronics and love science. You are still not alone. be a friend. I have been on this road longer than you have.

Posted

Love is being able to be totally ***, totally honest, totally open without any reservation. its trust without question, its UNCONDITIONAL LOVE without question; meaning that no matter wat I do that you wont hate me or try to hurt me back or try to destroy me. its knowing that the one ur with is never in the mindstate to try to intentionally hold u down. they will always encourage you in what it is that u desire to do or have in ur life, that the doors of communication are always open. being able to forgive and to be forgiven. there is always loyalty, passion, chemistry, compatibility, trust, honesty, patience, open arms open ears open heart open mind open soul. theres so much involved with UNCONDITIONAL LOVE that I desire to have in my life as well as give to tha one I choose to display this to.....

Sarah_Lindborg
Posted

You know... I completely agree... when you can look at the person and say "If you're happy, then that's all that matters" that's unconditional. Being Gay... we all know what it's like to not have the unconditional love we deserve... the acceptance we deserve. Then you throw in this bullshit love brings, the games, the lies and the deciet... it's hard to see why love even matters sometimes. It's hard... one of the hardest things to have, keep and to deal with when losing it. But most people never know how much work goes into it because they worry a bout themselves. They dun care to see what the other person has sacrificed for them or even done for them

Posted

Love is work no matter if it is a relationship or a friendship. Gay relationships are harder. lets not kid ourselves. We are still fighting to be able to legalize our marriages in most of the states. Most straight ppl think we are going through a phase. Even among our own, some wonder if they can separate a couple just for the sport of it. But then there are players everywhere. Some people are not happy seeing other people happy with their own lives even if it has done nothing to theirs. Ignorance has always been a problem in the world as to what is right for whom. Love shouldnt be threatening to the major population and yet it scares the hell out of so many people. They wonder if they will be contaminated with gays whatever. I forget what all those christialns try to preach about love when they close the doors on your face and say your kind isnt wanted here.

Posted

These people are in love with the *idea* of love, not with love itself. It takes a higher level of consciousness to *truly* love, and that's something most people don't bother to attain, sadly...

Sarah_Lindborg
Posted

Love itself is complete acts of selflessness... being completely okay, no matter the hurt, that you aren't with them. Love is about seeing their flaws, loving them and helping one to grow from them rather than making them hurt from them. Love is the only thing in this world that ties us together, no matter race and orientation. It's the one thing no one of us can ever get the power to control... and though some love the idea of love, some never know this true thing, this binding thing, that is love. They look outside the peramiter, They never see that no matter the hate inside, no matter what we were taught, knowledge will exceeds these boundaries. And through KNOWLEDGE, love is attained. Seeing the side you don't agree with, coming to terms with what you feel you can't understand, is what WILL bring this world together. Love isn't something to break, can be broken, but isn't something you SHOULD break. Because it will save the weak, the hopeless... mend the broken and the bleeding... love is al powerful... as long as you finally see what it is you got sitting in the palm of your hand. Because it always rests in our own hands, we just administer it how we please.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Love is Everything! The world could not survive without it...its many things.its Essential, its God, Its universal, motivational, it casts out our ***s, replaces hate, a feeling all its own, gives hope, it can linger or last till the end of times, it can humble and blind etc..etc.. need i go on ? lol..and all this a day after breaking it off with my fiance'..i WILL love again and i Will be loved again.for all the things it is and can be its imparative that if we dont have it-get it and love ourselves since we cant give what we dont have.

Posted

It is funny that some ppl think it only has boundaries on their kind of ppl or on certain kind life-style. It can be hurtful when we think it only pertains to just some and not others. And most of the wars on are based on religion, does that make sense? Military excluding gays from the miltary and gays fighting alongside straights and doing a great job and being heroic. Love shouldnt be conditional. Our families should love us for who we are, part of the family. And we are born this way. so get over it and love us and accept our love