Gene_Lewis

THE THREAT - Gay Guys! <3

Gene_Lewis
Posted

Wyell, I told you that I was going to spen this Thanksgiving alone and up to today that was true. But then I got a call from my friend and was told that if I didn't show up for diner my ass was grass. And knowing Sandi and her brod they will be here drag me off screaming. So, I guess for once I wont be alone, and that's a good thing but it doesn't change the fact that there are others that still won't have a place to go or end up at some shelter eating from a soupline. I wouldd still like for y'll to understand this is the time of year to remember how lucky and bless we are for all we have. Which birings me to something else: Why is it that it's just this time of year we start thinking outside ourselves. We all start will good will to man and it seems to dies Dec 26. Or we make promises that next year we will do more for the less in our community and the day after or month after the holidays are over we forget until the next Nov. I do what I can, like Michael all year round and get upset when the seasonal people come in to help. All help is welcome, but this once a year shit. It's reminds me of when I was a kid and we work hard for the easter and xmas plays and here comes all these other kids that you never seen comes and they cut our parts to everyone can be in the play after all the hard work we did to learn our lines. Yes, you can call me selfish but these people get under my skin like the are going to get some kind of brownie points for putting others head of themselves or use statement like if you are feeling down go pass out food to the homeless that will boot your sprits. Could someone tell me how pass out food to someone that has no place to go when the meal is over and me going home make me feel better

Posted

Sometimes living can be hard, but it's only because we're alive that we can make each other...laugh, cry...be happy! If that's not a reason for being born in this world...I don't know what is!

Posted

well you're right...we shouldn't only be like that during the holidays...but well let's be grateful that some people do it during those holidays rather than not at all...sure a meal doesn't seem like much...but well at least it's something...and just forget about why they do it...if they do it to get brownie points like you say...well let them think that...God is the one who takes care of that business...but no matter if it's out of the goodness of their hearts or trying to buy their way into heaven or whatever...again let's be grateful that those people help out the homeless...because some of them do more than some of us would do...but as long as it's something good being done for others...i don't think we should criticize it...yea maybe it would definitely help if more of us did more for others not only during the holidays...but everyday...but well one step at a time...and all good things take time...so let's hope that as the years go by...more and more people decide to help those in need...because even the smallest good gesture should be appreciated...we pay attention on big things...or expect huge acts of generosity...but well let's get real...that doesn't happen very often...but don't get me wrong...i could happen if more people pulled together...but until that day comes...things will keep moving slowly...

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I don't go near a church anytime and you can think of me what you want. these people do this to make the church look good and they don't care about the ones they serve.I am out to help any one I can and it dose not matter if there in a church or not it is the person. I get a lot out of giving a hand to someone no matter what. It might be a few dollars or chair or couch what ever if it is needed and I am not using it there it goes

Alfawolf

Posted

again it shouldn't matter why the person is doing it...at least they're doing something...whether they're doing it for the church to look good is not important...those good deeds are our own reward...makes us feel good to do something without getting anything in return...that's what it's all about...and the church isn't bad...because as a community we are the church...and you can't speak for everyone...sure the priests don't have a good reputation with he people...but we can't condemn them all for those who weren't really close to the faith...and to say that the church just wants to look good is to say that everyone who attends church is a hypocrite...and that's totally not the case...let's not forget that there are good people out there...just like you guys claim to do what you can and that makes you good...well they do what they can too...it may not be for the reason anyone would think...maybe they're doing it with a false intention...but it doesn't erase the act of kindness that they provide...and at least they're doing it...don't expect everyone to be saint...again if something good is being done...regardless of the reason...i don't think we should criticize it...because those people are dedicating their time and effort for something good...more than we can say if some of us spend the day at home all day doing nothing...i'm not gonna lie...i'm one of those people...that's why i don't see why i should criticize other people's good will...because at least they're doing it...and i unfortunately choose not to...sure i give a bum change every now and then...but that's not very often...and even though right now i'm looking for a job...again i could volunteer and help out some of those people...but i choose not to...why i don't know...being too busy with my video game...does that make me a bad person...to some yea i would understand if i seemed selfish and whatnot...but well what i lack in being humanitarian...i do good in other stuff...hearing out people...talking to those who need someone need help...so what if it's online...it's something...i can't say i don't do anything...maybe not as much...but i try to do the best i can and what i'm willing to do...anywho...but let's not look down on these people...because at least they're doing something good for those in need...besides it's really not our business to judge...and if we do...it's best to keep it to ourselves...because not everyone thinks the same...those are my thoughts...

Daniiel_Valenciia_Castaño
Posted

Wow you are a really nice person thinking about others.... lol keep it that way XD

Gene_Lewis
Posted

daniel, if that comment is for me. let me let you and everyone that I HATE FAKE PEOPLE IN ALL FORM. And passing out food just for the season and not the reason pisses me off

Gene_Lewis
Posted

daniel, if that comment is for me. let me let you and everyone that I HATE FAKE PEOPLE IN ALL FORM. And passing out food just for the season and not the reason pisses me off

Posted

well i'm sorry you feel that way Gene...but well i at least am grateful that some people do it...

Posted

well, you should be thankful because you still can eat during thanksgiving day or during normal day, because some people dont get anything to eat during thanksgiving or normal day...