Kiana_Kitter

Stars! - Poetry Group

Posted

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well,
that for all they care, I can go to hell.
But on Earth indifference is the very least,
that we have to dread from man or beast.

How should we like it, were stars to burn,
with a passion for us, we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
then let the more loving one be me.

Admirer as I think I am,
of stars that do not give a damn.
I cannot now I see them say,
that I have missed one terribly all day.

Were all stars to disappear or die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky.
To feel it's total dark sublime,
and allow it to fill this heart of mine.

Posted

That's what I'm talking about. That was deep. You are so talented.Tell me...where did that poem come from? What deep place inspired you to express yourself in such a way? I know that poems are supose to be the interpretation of the viewer as well as the artist. I feel that it comes from a place of loss or foreseeing loss of someone that doesn't quiet seem to notice your light that burns. I might be totally off but I feel that emotion.

Posted

Thank you Well, I don't know where my inspiration comes from. Sometimes it just flows and sometimes it doesn't. But I am a vivid stargazer, I love the sky, the stars, and the moon, so it probably came from that.

Posted

Awesome! I feel that sometimes the only way that I can communicate my feelings and emotions is through poetry and writing. It's like that's the only way I can complete a full emotion is through this art. Any other way is totally to no avail. Do you sometimes feel that way? It's like I'm pushed under the radar and it's the only way I can shine.I haven't wrote anything in a long time. I think it's because of the event's that are present in my life now that I supress a lot of my emotions.But, going to school now and interacting with different people it's opening me up a little. I wrote a short story in my English class and they loved it but they totally got the wrong interpretation. Do you feel like that sometimes? How do you overcome theses types of obsticles?

Posted

All the time. I write everything. Blogs, articles, short stories, novels and poetry. Stress can totally block you from accessing your emotions, I get writers block on a regular basis, nothing I can do about it really, except wait it out. I don't care how people interpret my work, as long as they get something out of it. Writing is art and art is open to interpretation by the viewer or reader. Therefore the piece will mean different things to different people.