Tonia_Docter

Prayers For Peace And Thanksgiving - The Gay Christian Network

Tonia_Docter
Posted

It is the time of year that we are reminded to be thankful for what we have both material and in our hearts. I know that there are sooo many people suffering, so many people struggling and many who know how to wear a happy mask while pushing through it all just to make it through another day in hopes of a better tomorrow for themselves or for their loved ones.

We hear stories every day of domestic violence, bullying (for whatever reason), and senseless acts of brutality...and the list goes on. This year we can all make a change by praying for just one person that you know needs it...and it may be for yourself so that you can take off that mask to show one person that you need help to get through the day. Maybe when you pray you just need to ask God to lay somebody on your heart to pray for and start praying for them without knowing their situation.

I'm taking off my happy mask right now...due to a rape in 2008 I have been fighting an aggressive viral form of Cervical Cancer that has me in copious amounts of pain daily. I'm jumping through all of the hoops in hopes of getting a surgery that would prevent future spread but it is being called elective. I'm trying my very best to function every day but there are days when I really don't even want to be here anymore. I'm also fighting an E-coli infection and Lyme's disease. I'm not saying any of this because I want pity or anybody to feel sorry for me...I'm a survivor and all of this is making me stronger. I know there are people who have lives that are worse than mine.

This is also a time of year that I am thankful to have the freedoms that I have. My youngest brother is stationed in S. Korea to help keep those freedoms in place. I don't like the fact that so many men and women are losing their lives for my freedom but I salute their bravery and the sacrifices that their families have to make by being apart from them.

Lastly, I'm asking for prayers for someone whom I thought was very close to me. She feels as if her world is shattering and doesn't even know if she can call me a friend...I just pray that she finds peace and that whatever happens between the two of us doesn't tear her apart...that is the las thing in the world I would ever wish on her or anybody else for that matter. I think my being on this site is infringing on her privacy so I will leave so that she has a refuge to turn to.

Have a blessed week and a wonderful holiday!

Posted

i am sorry to hear about the problems your having.
but both of you are part of this group, and should always feel welcome here.
i pray you both get better in time, and anytime you need to talk ,come on here and talk to everybody on here.
We will all give whatever moral support you need , to see you through this differcult time.
yours allan

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

My Prayers are always with you both...

Posted

You shouldn't leave this site. You have longed for a Christian enviroment where you can share and care. You are an awesome person. Yes things are hard, choices need to be made and respect needs to be central. I have been to the pits of dispair before but our Lord Jesus Christ has ALWAYS been there! Don't be responsible for me and I won't be responsibe for you. Let's just be willing to work on ourselves and see what God will show and direct us to. Maybe it was for a season.............................................or not.

Posted

debbie and tonia, both me and mike dont want either of you to leave this site.
our prayers and thoughts are with both of you.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

It is good that you both are talking evn if it is in group..Now it is time to talk face to face..As I have said after 24 years do you think Donnie and I don't fight..and it took 3 major fights and leaving each other to find out that we really do love each other and now we have been together this long...So stop the bitching and find out what you can do to make things work...Sorry for beening so str8 and forward but I think you both need it...