Gene_Lewis

KEEP IN MIND - Gay Guys! <3

Gene_Lewis
Posted

Thiss holiday please keep in mind that there are over a million of people out here that don't have friends or family member to spend the holidays with or even a home to call their own. I'm one of those people that don't have a place to go and will spend my day fixing a diner for one and watching tv with holiday overtunes. I haven't brought anything nor do I know what my meal will be since it just me one this and every year. In the past it never bother me, but for some reason I'm feeling really alone. I think it's because they started early with everything. I'm not asking for anyone to feel sorry for me, but what I am asking that this holiday season truly understand how bless you are if you have friends and family to be with and if you are fighting make up so you don't be home alone trying to figure out if you will buy something to eat on that day or just cook what's on hand. And when buying gifts do it with love in your heart because here's another one that I want get a gift or have a place to go. Again, I'm not asking for anyone to feel sad for me but to keep in mind that there are people out here much worst than you could even think about. I'm bless because I do have a roof over my head.

Dave_Mack
Posted

Gene I too am alone and had no place to go but I decided that instead of that I'd volunteer at a shelter that is serving the homeless. That way I will be with people, have a meal AND make others happy by helping others. I am a believer in the concept of PAY IT FORWARD and if I can help make just ONE person a bit more festive then that's what I want to do. I don't know your health situation or where you are but if there IS a homeless shelter or soup kitchen near you contact them to volunteer to serve that day. Help set up, serve, clean up whatever... Trust me you will fell part of something good. I am personally excited and looking forward to it...
Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone.

(For those outside of the USA this is celebrated the 4th Thursday of November every year and dates back to the Pilgrims landing at Plymouth Rock here in Massachusetts).

Posted

Gene, that is very sad but, You are not alone!!! I am in the same boat.... No family, no friends, not a place to call my own!!! So we will be together in Spirit!!! Cheer up

Gene_Lewis
Posted

thnx dave. and i did it one year and for me it made me feel even wrose. and that is because i know that when the day was over i had a place to go. again i don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. this is the cards life dealt me and i have to play them until the game end. i just want and love for people to really think about what the holidays means and think how bless they are to have a place to go and people to see and be with

Gene_Lewis
Posted

thnx dave. and i did it one year and for me it made me feel even wrose. and that is because i know that when the day was over i had a place to go. again i don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. this is the cards life dealt me and i have to play them until the game end. i just want and love for people to really think about what the holidays means and think how bless they are to have a place to go and people to see and be with

Dave_Mack
Posted

If it made you feel WORSe then somthing is wrong. To me there is no greater gift than to give of myself to those in need. I am GLAD I live alone. Peace and quiet as I want it. And IF I want someone to be here I bring or invite them (NOT ABOUT SEX!). You make out of life what you invest in it. So if after being at a kitchen you are DOWN try to find people less fortunate and be with them. Put yourself in THEIR shoes... SHARE your time with them. That may be the most precious gift you can give..

Richard_Edwards
Posted

I too don't have family and friends to be with. I do volunteer at my church where on Thanksgiving meals are served to the poor people in the neighborhood. It is great to see the happiness on their faces to have a good meal. Everything is prepared and bought by volunteers with their own money. Since I don't cook, I pledged to bring bottled water which I already bought.

I also know the feeling afterwards of going home and being alone. It is difficult for me this time of year but I too am grateful for the roof over my head and for a job that pays decently and that I'm still able to work at the age of 72.

Gene_Lewis
Posted

Not really seeing things from the other side of the street. It made me feel bad because of the fact I HAD SOME WHERE TO GO AND FOR THEM IT WAS BACK ON THE STREETS. Why would anyone do anything like that to pump up their ego. "Oh I feel bad let me go down to the homeless shelter this one day or two days out of a whole year to look at the ones that's wrose than me." Such a great way to make yourself look better. Yeah, so for me it did make me feel a little wrose and it made me feel like shit because in some ways I didn't feel I had the right because even though I'm poor and don't have anything in the world I do, for the time being, a roof over my head

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I know what you mean Gene It is one day what happens the other 364 days and it is not easy and if you fill worse I understand I worked for a school and I was a emergency management coriander. for my TWP. I spent a lot of time trying to help. I worked 22 hours a day in emergency's. when you go home you wonder if there was more you could have done

Posted

Gene I fully understand how yoy feel and certainly the last thing you need is to have somebody feeling sorry for you. You know the story about the guy who felt bad because he had no shoes and then he met a guy who had no feet so he did not feel so bad then. I live in the west of Ireland and also had my bad times and know what it feels like to be homeless. You are not without friends you dont want pity just remember just because today was bad it does not mean that tomorrow will be the same. Please regard me as your friend. Love from Eddie xxx

Posted

Gene I not always agreed with stuff you said, but I know how you feel. I sit in a class of 20/25 everyday, and am totally alone. I sing in the village church choir every Sunday, even do a few solos, and I am alone. Where I live has 900 people and no buses and the only thing we did have, the village shop, has closed down now. I have to walk three miles to get any bus, and they stop running at 1800 each night, and don't run on Sundays anyway.

I think it is in an old song that somebody wrote Silence like a cancer grows, but loneliness grows like a cancer too. At Christmas I got to church and then we go to my Gran's for lunch, me and my mother. Cos of what happened when I was 10 me and my mum don't get on and so I spend Christmas Day sitting alone somewhere in my Gran's house till it is time to come back home.

I know Thanksgiving is really big in US, but it gotta be real tough when you struggle to find something to be thankful for. If it helps there will be a 16yo in ENgland, knowing how you feel, who will be there with you in thought and spirit, if not sharing your meal with you.

Posted

Hi Gene, I am sorry 2 read ur Article. I really hope thing's will change for u and other's by the time Thanks giving come's round. You really dont know what 2morrow will bring, as i alway's say, "Yesterday is History and Tomorrow's a Mistery." Well lot's of us will be on the Site here on Said day, so u will be with Friend's here, we maybe Cyber, But we are here.

Posted

Gene, I read your comments several times and my heart does go out to you.I gather you have no connection with your dad. Mine left my mom when I was at the tender age of 9. Although much older than you are...I have spent the last 3 Christmas' alone. Will keep you in my prayers.

Posted

I'm sure that inside your heart..you're trying with all your might to find it on your own...the reason you were born. Because really...there might not be anyone who was born with a reason. I think that everyone might have to find one on their own. A reason for being born. A reason that it's okay to be alive. A reason to exist. I think everyone might have to find it themselves.and decide for themselves. It could be your dreams...your job...or a person. ...The reason you're looking for...might be vague, unclear...and uncertain. And you might lose it. But as long as you're alive...you have to keep searching for that reason.

Gene_Lewis
Posted

People truly I dont want anyone to feel sorry for me. I just want y'll to think how bless you are this holiday season to be able to send time with you family and friends. That there are people who are going to be spending this time by themselves or may not have a place to go outside of a shelter for their holiday meal served by once a year do gooders that after it's over go home a tell all their friends of the good deed that done and after the holidays are over step over these people until the time roll around again. What I would love is that you people that understand Thanksgiving count your blessings. Yes, I will be cooking my own diner and eating alone in front of the tv like everyday of the year, but I am thankful that for the moment I have a place

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Gene I think your like a lot of us but I have my wife and this old trailer so I wish you were here to brighten things up. I think a lot about you and being a lone on the holiday it good to have someone that cares I know to loose all.. Love from Texas.

Alfawolf

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Gene I donate my time to my church not just for Thanksgiving or Christmas But every month we cook dinner for different old folks homes...So I would say like some of the other find out what your church does and go help them..It just not 2 times a year it can be all year long you can help folks...

Gene_Lewis
Posted

i do understand that there are a few people, you michael, that might help out the whole year but i was speaking to those that do it just for the day and tell everybody what a good deed they did. and dennis i don't think you should just gave a house to someone but give them a fit it upper. there are so many vacant building aroundd that coud be turn into apartment that these people could learn a skill to put to use in the job market. get someone who knows what they are doing and teach

Posted

Over here in Ireland we have what's called Ghost Estate's, these estate's were built before thr Recession hit, and now they are Flatening, knocking them down even though there are so many Famlie's being put out on the street, it's like the 1800s. For a Small Country we now have over 100,000 Famlie's in Morguage Arrear's and they are facing the same fate with loseing their home, while the FAT CAT'S who caused this are allowed 2 live in their Mansion's. It's just Crazy.

Dave_Mack
Posted

It is unfortunate that we seem to only think of the less fortunate at the Holiday seasons. I try to do little things for people whenever and weherever I can and i DONT tell others about it. I want no accolades (sp?) or praise. Whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers (sisters) you do to me. I have done a alot of things in life I have regretted. Being gay I have been told I have no hope other than HELL. (I tell those people to keep me a warm seat). Yet I try. If I can make ONE person happy or lighten their load even for a moment than at least I have tried. Better to TRY and fail than to not try at all..

Posted

I think... I want to live with all my memories. Even if they're bad memories. Even if they're memories that only hurt me... that I'd rather forget. If I keep them and keep trying, without running away, then someday I'll be strong enough that those memories can't defeat me. I believe that because I want to think that there's no such thing as a memory that's ok to forget.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I hope you never have to go to war and come home to the shit we did it is different now but if some people had there we would have been locked away. I have nightmares all the time and time dose not help. So help your brothers and sisters and hope they never have to face what we did. I not harping I just letting you know it is not easy to carry this and I would not ask anybody to do that. help when you can and don't use a church as a reason.

Alfawolf