Bry_Cielo

will i still reach heaven? - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

knowing that being a gay is against GOd's law do you think you can still get to heaven by being good and doing noble deeds?

oopster
Posted

Show me the part in the bible that actually says that.

Posted

Brandon,
I have wrote extensively on this very subject, you can check discussions, and the answers you seek may or will be there.
But for the sake of saving time, here I go again.
Q. How many commandments did God Give to Moses, both and before he broke them over the 'golden calf'?
A. 10
What are they?
It is sad that most Christians do not know what they are and yet they condemn others in God's name.
Bible Ten Commandments Catholic Ten Commandments
1st

I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
1st

I am the LORD thy God. Thou shalt have no strange gods before Me.
2nd

Exodus 20:4-6 You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my Commandments.

Deleted. See also idolatry in the Catholic Church

(There is idolatry in the Papal system so the second Commandment has been deleted or sometimes it has been absorbed into the first. All remaining Commandments are therefore shifted along one count.)
3rd

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God In vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
2nd

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.
4th

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
3rd

Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.

(The Sabbath is the fourth Commandment by normal count. The day to be kept is no longer mentioned since they changed the Sabbath to Sunday.)

(Note that God had more to say about the fourth Commandment than all others and with good reason. It is very important.)
5th

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
4th

Honour thy father and thy mother.
6th

Thou shalt not kill.
5th

Thou shalt not kill.
7th

Thou shalt not commit adultery.
6th

Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8th

Thou shalt not steal.
7th

Thou shalt not steal.
9th

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
8th

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10th

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
9th

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife.

(The Tenth Commandment is split into two to get back to Ten Commandments.)
10th

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is The Law God gave to Moses, do you see any thing writing here about or against gays? NO you don't!
If you read your Bible, you will and can understand why Moses felt he had to add
a sort of PS to God's Ten, (I guess this happens when you have too much time on your hands, 40 years in the desert is really boring after all)
The PS to the Ten Commandments which God did NOT give to Moses is rightly named, "The Mosaic code". because after all Moses wrote them, not God.
Moses wanted God's chosen people to be "different" then the other people's of that time, so he wrote laws, or moral codes to set the Jewish Nation apart from the other people or tribes of that time.
In example, A all American Cheese Burger is against the mosaic law which demands that any thing that was a dairy or milk product not to come into contact with a blood or meat product, that also meant that bowls, dishes, and every thing else had to be kept separate, otherwise it was thought to be "made unclean"
There are also rules about eating only certain types of fish, and they defined fish as having scales and fins, everything else from the ocean you were forbidden to eat, Crabs, shrimps, lobster and so on.
In God 10 Commandments God Himself didn't write anything about GLBTQ people in his laws. Moses did!
You have to remember that Moses' History, and this may be the single reason that he, himself condemn Gays because we do not reproduce.
The Story of Moses in a nutshell!
Before Moses was born, the children of Israel were living in slavery in Egypt. The Pharaoh was afraid of the numbers and might of the growing Israelites during this time, so he had all of them put under extreme bondage and slavery so they could not rebel against him. It got so bad at one time, that the Pharaoh had put out an order to have all of the male children killed that were being born by the Israelites.
It was during this time that Moses was born. His mother was a “Hebrew,” which is another name for Israelite. When Moses was first born, his mother hid him for 3 months so he would not be found and killed by the Pharaoh.
After 3 months, his mother then placed him in an ark made out of bulrushes, and then placed him down by the reeds along the river banks hoping someone else would find him and raise him up safely. It just so happened that the daughter of the Pharaoh was the one to actually find him down by the river as she was getting ready to wash herself in the river.
Once she found him, she found out who the mother was, and then asked the mother to nurse him during the nursing stage. Once the nursing stage was over, the mother then gave the child back to the Pharaoh’s daughter in order that she raise him up as one of her own so the Pharaoh would not find out who he was and have him killed. Moses was thus raised up in the Pharaoh’s house.
He is a link that is not only entertaining but educationally.
The West Wing ~ Homosexuality & Taking The Bible Literally:
http://youtu.be/Vi58BmCaxck
The President here is compering the Mosaic Code to modern day knowledge of how things are and how they where back then.
Then you might like to check out
West Wing on gays in the military:
http://youtu.be/3jWOamlD9_8
The West Wing Gay Rights Hate Crime Speech
http://youtu.be/UcLPPiaJ4Ag
Now for some fun, I always believe that when you teach it should be some fun in it so here it is:
Why Homosexuality Should Be Banned:
http://youtu.be/lSfFa44p96o
Check on Amazon.com on Gay Christian books, and movies, like "A Fish Out of Water"
It Gets Better: Bishop Mark Hanson, ELCA
http://youtu.be/VJOhjLXJmaY
Bishop Burnside It Gets Better.mp4
http://youtu.be/L4v9bCmpVH8
IT GETS BETTER: Gene Robinson, Bishop of New Hampshire
http://youtu.be/mPZ5eUrNF24
NOH8 Campaign speaks out to say, "It Gets Better"
http://youtu.be/epYOIExJxIQ
Rabbi Kleinbaum message to LGBTQ Youth
http://youtu.be/OtXx8ptxt2Q
Rabbi Weiss message to LGBTQ Youth and their rabbis, leaders, and teachers
http://youtu.be/F-OJWfVo2Uk
Desmond Tutu Speaks on Gays
http://youtu.be/Zhu_ryd3Dak
Homosexuality and the Bible. part 1
http://youtu.be/HKCaKOuhbMg
Homosexuality and the Bible. part 2
http://youtu.be/ye3H2hGlcTc
Homosxuality and The Bible. Part 3
http://youtu.be/DshBbVCN4v0
Well in any case you can do your own research
He are some same sex love songs from gay artists, I hope they help you feel better, "He who sings-prays twice!"
jay brannan - "housewife" official video
http://youtu.be/lNxzFPTA1y4
Yehonathan - Just Another Summer (Music Video)
http://youtu.be/0daQjk6yuAk
I Believe in You - Il Divo and Celine Dion
http://youtu.be/myTzrtr46dI

You my brother, have Heaven already in your heart because, you cared enough to ask, and God has heard you~!
Romans 8:38-39
http://youtu.be/Q9LjzAnHZNI

I hope and pray that I have helped you in some way.
Your humble brother in Christ
Anthony of Portsmouth+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You are blessed!

Posted

brandon, i see you are from the philipines, if your christain,your question has been answered, if your muslim, it is the same answer.
as long as you follow gods law, for the betterment of all
you should go to heaven.

Jean-Yves_Poirier
Posted

I don't believe that homosexuality is against God's Law. Why would a loving God, which is the only kind I know in my heart, create so many of us to be this way, or bi etc, if he did not love us totally. I believe that the scriptures have been worded/translated to support hatred by those in power. We are all children of God. Jesus wants us all to be in heaven and we are all welcome there. I truly believe this in my heart and soul. I would not, could not be a Christian if I did not.

oopster
Posted

That's my sentiments exactly Jean :-)

Susan_Duviella
Posted

I agree with all the answers so far. Andre's was a bit long, but from what I read out of it, he's on point. I don't recall God saying anything against the GLBT's at all. I don't recall Jesus having taught anything in regard to us either. Moses said it, Paul said it and because they said it doesn't make it so. We have to remember the time and culture of that time when these things were written. Who actually wrote them, to whom they were written and why they were written.
Though there are many things in our biblical history that we can apply to our lives today that will edify us and help us grow in our Christian faith, not everything can be applied to our lives today.

God loves you Brandon and He loves you for who you are. All He asks is that we love Him back.

Posted

Do your research... ask questions from Biblical scholars... READ... and answer your questions.

There will a lot of surprised people when WE get to heaven. If I don't go there, it won't be because God made me gay. God is the CREATOR or everything here on earth. My God does not make mistakes, nor does he make any junk!

Posted

First of all let me beg your forgiveness for the length of my responses, I assure you I don't write either out of pride or to boast that I am wise, for that I am not.
Due to a set of unfortunate circumstances I was not allowed to complete my education, mostly because I am gay, and although I am not flamboyant, at the same time, I will and would not deny the truth if anyone asked me, and asked me they did,
Now less about me and more about the responses you need.
It is my belief, that Jesus did in fact answer this question, but given the times He lived in, He like Nostradamus, could not spell it out in plain language, I am not found of reading between the lines, because you can never be 100% sure if you really got the message, that was indeed meant, think about how many people are unsure about all the meanings about the 2012, I am not sure but the exact might be: 12/12/2012, from the Mayan calender, to many other prophecies, about this date from many sources around the world. It is a but unsettling since my zip code is 90014-2012, I feel that I might be at ground zero.! LOL, but I leave it in Our Fathers' Hands.
Please excuse and forgive me for writing a lot, but it is because I know and feel your pain, which & it is deep.
Here are some of the New Testament Scriptures I believe that may have be some what wash down or intentionally, deleted or muddled so that others would either not know it's true meaning or the wrong meaning, manipulated to twist the true meanings, Which Christ called the "Unforgivable sin".

1. This first verse comes from the Gospel of Mark. Before Jesus makes this statement, He is getting attacked by some of the Jewish Scribes. Jesus was casting demons out of people and these scribes were trying to tell everyone that Jesus was casting demons out of people by Beelzebub – the ruler of the demons. In other words, they were accusing Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Satan himself.

Jesus then answers them right on the spot telling them how could Satan cast out Satan? He tells them that a house divided against itself cannot stand, and that it would make no logical sense for Satan to be casting out either himself or another one of his own demonic spirits. Satan would just be defeating his own purposes by even trying to do such a thing.

Now here is what got these Scribes in major trouble with the Lord. They obviously knew they were witnessing major supernatural miracles seeing Jesus cast demons out of people. But instead of just walking away and keeping their mouths shut, or trying to discredit Jesus by saying nothing was really happening, or that these people were either not really possessed or all of this was just a figment of their imaginations – they make their one and final comment which will forever seal their fate for all of eternity – they literally attack the Holy Spirit Himself by saying that He was in fact the devil himself!

They knew that Jesus had something else operating on the inside of Him that was accomplishing all of these dramatic miracles. The Bible makes it very clear that it was the power of the Holy Spirit operating through Jesus that was doing all of these dramatic miracles.

But instead of leaving well enough alone and just walking away and keeping their mouths shut, they just had to take that one last final jab at Jesus and directly attack the Spirit that was operating on the inside of Him – which was the Holy Spirit Himself! And once they did – they were done! Right after this occurs, Jesus then makes one of the most bone chilling statements on sin that He has ever made.

Jesus specifically states that “all sins” can be forgiven through His blood – including any blasphemies against either Himself or anyone else. But the one sin that He and His Father will not forgive is a direct blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Here is the verse:

“Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation” – because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.” (Mark 3:28-30)

Notice in the last few words of this verse that Jesus specifically ties in the blaspheming against the Holy Spirit with the Scribes stating that He had an “unclean spirit” operating through Him. In other words, Jesus was condemning them to hell for all of eternity because they were calling the Holy Spirit a demonic spirit!

2. The second verse comes from Matthew. Again, the same scenario is unfolding where the Pharisees are attacking Jesus for casting a demon out of a blind and mute man. They once more accuse Him of casting this demon out by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons. Jesus once more goes into the exact same explanation as He did in the above verse from Mark where He says that Satan is not going to cast himself out – as a house divided against itself cannot stand, even in the demonic realm.

However, Jesus makes one more additional comment in this verse. He says that He is casting these demons out by the “Spirit of God” – which is the Holy Spirit. Right here, the battle lines are being drawn. Jesus is saying on the one hand that He is doing all of these miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit operating through Him – and then you have some of the Scribes and Pharisees alleging that He is doing all of these miracles by the power of the devil.

Then Jesus once more comes down with the hammer and says:

“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.” (Matthew 12:31-32) .

1)Matthew 5:22 NIRV
New International Reader's Version
But here is what I tell you. Do not be angry with your brother. Anyone who is angry with his brother will be judged. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' must stand trial in the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire in hell.
Read Matthew 5 NIRV | Read Matthew 5:22 NIRV in parallel .
Raca
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Raca or RACA can refer to:
Raca, a Biblical term of Aramaic origin used in Matthew 5:22. See Aramaic of Jesus or Expounding of the Law.
It is my belief, that Raca means something else, but you can judge for yourself.

Please believe me, I am not trying to "creep anyone out" be "graphic" or gross or to misinterpret the Bible, You are how ever free to pray and draw your own conclusions.
Bare in mind that the Church back in the old days, do not allow anyone to interpret or ever read Scripture was strictly forbidden,
Bible Possession Once Banned by the Catholic Church!

ITEM #1 POPE INNOCENT III

Pope Innocent III stated in 1199:
... to be reproved are those who translate into French the Gospels, the letters of Paul, the psalter, etc. They are moved by a certain love of Scripture in order to explain them clandestinely and to preach them to one another. The mysteries of the faith are not to explained rashly to anyone. Usually in fact, they cannot be understood by everyone but only by those who are qualified to understand them with informed intelligence. The depth of the divine Scriptures is such that not only the illiterate and uninitiated have difficulty understanding them, but also the educated and the gifted (Denzinger-Schönmetzer, Enchiridion Symbolorum 770-771)
Source: Bridging the Gap - Lectio Divina, Religious Education, and the Have-not's by Father John Belmonte, S.J.
ITEM #2 COUNCIL OF TOULOUSE - 1229 A.D.
The Council of Toulouse, which met in November of 1229, about the time of the crusade against the Albigensians, set up a special ecclesiastical tribunal, or court, known as the Inquisition (Lat. inquisitio, an inquiry), to search out and try heretics. Twenty of the forty-five articles decreed by the Council dealt with heretics and heresy. It ruled in part:
Canon 1. We appoint, therefore, that the archbishops and bishops shall swear in one priest, and two or three laymen of good report, or more if they think fit, in every parish, both in and out of cities, who shall diligently, faithfully, and frequently seek out the heretics in those parishes, by searching all houses and subterranean chambers which lie under suspicion. And looking out for appendages or outbuildings, in the roofs themselves, or any other kind of hiding places, all which we direct to be destroyed.
Canon 6. Directs that the house in which any heretic shall be found shall be destroyed.
Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; unless anyone from motive of devotion should wish to have the Psalter or the Breviary for divine offices or the hours of the blessed Virgin; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books.
Source: Heresy and Authority in Medieval Europe, Edited with an introduction by Edward Peters, Scolar Press, London, copyright 1980 by Edward Peters, ISBN 0-85967-621-8, pp. 194-195, citing S. R. Maitland, Facts and Documents [illustrative of the history, doctrine and rites, of the ancient Albigenses & Waldenses], London, Rivington, 1832, pp. 192-194.
Additional Sources:
Ecclesiastical History of Ancient Churches of the Albigenses, Pierre Allix, published in Oxford at the Clarendon Press in 1821, reprinted in USA in 1989 by Church History Research & Archives, P.O. Box 38, Dayton Ohio, 45449, p. 213 [Canon 14].
The History of Protestantism, by J. A. Wiley, chapter 10 cites:
Concilium Tolosanum, cap. 1, p. 428. Sismondi, 220.
Labbe, Concil. Tolosan., tom. 11, p. 427. Fleury, Hist. Eccles., lib. 79, n. 58.
You can read more about this here
http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/banned.htm
2)Matthew 15:11
New International Version (©1984)
What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"
New Living Translation (©2007)
It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth."
English Standard Version (©2001)
it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man."
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
International Standard Version (©2008)
It is not what goes into the mouth that makes a person unclean. It is what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean."
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
“It is not the thing that enters the mouth that defiles a man, but the thing that proceeds from the mouth that defiles a man.”
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
What goes into a person's mouth doesn't make him unclean. It's what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean."
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.
American King James Version
Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.
American Standard Version
Not that which entereth into the mouth defileth the man; but that which proceedeth out of the mouth, this defileth the man.
Bible in Basic English
Not that which goes into the mouth makes a man unclean, but that which comes out of the mouth.
Douay-Rheims Bible
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man: but what cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Darby Bible Translation
Not what enters into the mouth defiles the man; but what goes forth out of the mouth, this defiles the man.
English Revised Version
Not that which entereth into the mouth defileth the man; but that which proceedeth out of the mouth, this defileth the man.
Mark 6
King James Version (KJV)
11And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Matthew 22:37-40
New International Version (NIV)
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Footnotes:
Matthew 22:37 Deut. 6:5 Matthew 22:39 Lev. 19:18
Please be kind enough to notice that Jesus talks about the 10 commandments,
and NOT the mosaic code. So the above mention scripture, does not in any way condemns or judges gays.
Luke 7:47
New International Version (©1984)
Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."
New Living Translation (©2007)
"I tell you, her sins--and they are many--have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love."English Standard Version (©2001)
Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.”
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little."
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
International Standard Version (©2008)
So I'm telling you that her sins, as many as they are, have been forgiven, and that's why she has shown such great love. But the one to whom little is forgiven loves little."Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
“On account of this, I say to you, that her many sins are forgiven her because she loved much, but he who is forgiven a little loves a little.”
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
That's why I'm telling you that her many sins have been forgiven. Her great love proves that. But whoever receives little forgiveness loves very little."
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Therefore I say unto you, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.
Chapter 23
Jesus Calls Out The Pharisees On Their Hypocrisy
phylacteries: The Jewish tefillin, or strip of parchment inscribed with passages from Exodus 13 and Deuteronomy 6, enclosed in a black calf-skin case and fastened by thongs to the forehead or left hand or arm as commanded in Deuteronomy 6, verse 8. Used as early as the 3rd century B.C.
23:1 Then Jesus spoke to the crowds, and to his disciple

Posted

Chapter2
Matthew

Chapter 23

Jesus Calls Out The Pharisees On Their Hypocrisy

phylacteries: The Jewish tefillin, or strip of parchment inscribed with passages from Exodus 13 and Deuteronomy 6, enclosed in a black calf-skin case and fastened by thongs to the forehead or left hand or arm as commanded in Deuteronomy 6, verse 8. Used as early as the 3rd century B.C.

23:1 Then Jesus spoke to the crowds, and to his disciples,
23:2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees have sat down in the chair of Moses.
23:3 Therefore, all things whatsoever that they shall say to you, observe and do. Yet truly, do not choose to act according to their works. For they say, but they do not do.
23:4 For they bind up heavy and unbearable burdens, and they impose them on men's shoulders. But they are not willing to move them with even a finger of their own.
23:5 Truly, they do all their works so that they may be seen by men. For they enlarge their phylacteries and glorify their hems.
23:6 And they love the first places at feasts, and the first chairs in the synagogues,
23:7 and greetings in the marketplace, and to be called Master by men.
23:8 But you must not be called Master. For One is your Master, and you are all brothers.
23:9 And do not choose to call anyone on earth your father. For One is your Father, who is in heaven.
23:10 Neither should you be called teachers. For One is your Teacher, the Christ.
23:11 Whoever is greater among you shall be your minister.
23:12 But whoever has exalted himself, shall be humbled. And whoever has humbled himself, shall be exalted.
23:13 So then: Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! For you close the kingdom of heaven before men. For you yourselves do not enter, and those who are entering, you would not permit to enter.
23:14 Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! For you consume the houses of widows, praying long prayers. Because of this, you shall receive the greater judgment.
23:15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! For you travel around by sea and by land, in order to make one convert. And when he has been converted, you make him twice the son of Hell that you are yourselves.
23:16 Woe to you, blind guides, who say: 'Whoever will have sworn by the temple, it is nothing. But whoever will have sworn by the gold of the temple is obligated.'
23:17 You are foolish and blind! For which is greater: the gold, or the temple that sanctifies the gold?
23:18 And you say: 'Whoever will have sworn by the altar, it is nothing. But whoever will have sworn by the gift that is on the altar is obligated.'
23:19 How blind you are! For which is greater: the gift, or the altar that sanctifies the gift?
23:20 Therefore, whoever swears by the altar, swears by it, and by all that is on it.
23:21 And whoever will have sworn by the temple, swears by it, and by him who dwells in it.
23:22 And whoever swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God, and by him who sits upon it.
23:23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! For you collect tithes on mint and dill and cumin, but you have abandoned the weightier things of the law: judgment and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, while not omitting the others.
23:24 You blind guides, straining out a gnat, while swallowing a camel!
23:25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! For you clean what is outside the cup and the dish, but on the inside you are full of avarice and impurity.
23:26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the dish, and then what is outside becomes clean.
23:27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed sepulchers, which outwardly appear brilliant to men, yet truly, inside, they are filled with the bones of the dead and with all filth.
23:28 So also, you certainly appear to men outwardly to be just. But inwardly you are filled with hypocrisy and iniquity.
23:29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites, who build the sepulchers of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the just.
23:30 And then you say, 'If we had been there in the days of our fathers, we would not have joined with them in the blood of the prophets.'
23:31 And so you are witnesses against yourselves, that you are the sons of those who killed the prophets.
23:32 Complete, then, the measure of your fathers.
23:33 You serpents, you brood of vipers! How will you escape from the judgment of Hell?
23:34 For this reason, behold, I send to you prophets and wisemen, and scribes. And some of these you will put to death and crucify; and some you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city,
23:35 so that upon you may fall all the blood of the just, which has been shed upon the earth, from the blood of Abel the just, even to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you killed between the temple and the altar.
23:36 Amen I say to you, all these things shall fall upon this generation.
23:37 Jerusalem, Jerusalem! You kill the prophets and stone those who have been sent to you. How often I have wanted to gather your children together, in the way that a hen gathers her young under her wings. But you were not willing!
23:38 Behold, your house shall be abandoned to you, having been deserted.
23:39 For I say to you, you shall not see me again, until you say: 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "
God be praised, You be at peace, for you are loved.
His humbled unlearned servant.
AnThony of Portsmouth: Shalom ET Benedictus! ++++++++++++++++++++