Jony_Star

I Think We Should Comment More On Other's Work... - Poetry Group

Posted

hello my fellow poets...well i have to admit it's been a while since i've written anything...and in this past week i came out with 2 new poems...one was called "It Was Only A Dream", and my latest one The Struggle For My Life...anywho...i'm not trying to say hey guys look at my poems btw...i'm just putting those poems out there for those that may have not read them yet...again anywho...maybe it's just because i've been silent these past months...because i hadn't written anything new...but well i think we should read & comment more on other people's work...whether it's us saying good poem...or of course any critiques...but well even before my absence here...i notice a lack of feedback from other members in the group...i mean no offense to Jeanie...but she was the only one giving me feedback most of the time...and i greatly appreciate that she did...but well i know she's not the only member here...there are many more of us in the group...maybe there are others like myself who are just starting to write poetry and don't feel confident giving critiques...i myself will try to read and comment more...once i get back home to Cali...which will be in 2 days...anywho again...i'm sure we can help each other become better writers...i just thought i should bring that to everyone's attention...hopefully we can become a more active group...thanks for hearing me out guys...

Posted

yes I agree Jony. we should comment more than just saying I like your poem. I have submitted many poems here but no one ever tells me how it made them feel or any thoughts but I like your poem. I need more. Even if they don't like it I want to know why.
It helps us to grow with our thoughts by listening to others thoughts.

Posted

it sure does...there are ohers that feel like they're not that pro at writing poetry...and because we're such amateurs we feel like we can't give any criticism...but we can start somewhere...ok so maybe we're not that pro at this...but well we know the fundamental structure of poetry which consist of three things...heart, mind, and soul...we have experience those feelings with the story that's being told...and take a stroll thru the thoughts of others...and well in the end it will help us get better at what we love doing which is to express ourselves...

Posted

very well said. to be part of a poetry group is to discuss our craft so we can improve and get others thoughts to help us improve our expression in this form of communication.