Jony_Star

Ugh As My Bad Luck With Illnesses Couldn't Get Better.... - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

1st...i started out w/laryngitis...for those who don't know what laryngitis is...that's even if i spelled it right...it's when your throat hurts when you swallow i think...anywho keep those dirty minds & comments to yourselves...then slowly the cough started setting in...and well after a few days the larygitis was gone...yay...but guess what???...now i have a bit of cough & a cold...i hate being sick...& i don't like meds...so i'm riding this out w/simple remedies from my mom...& i feel a little better today...that's why i'm on...but well hopefully this doesn't last soon...just need to drink warm liquids such as tea & stuff...& get a lot of vitamin C...the cough is slowly leaving...it's trying to hang on to me...but i'll make sure it leaves my body completely...i'm tired of coughing...lol...& well the cold...eh i can handle that...i just hate being sick tho...even tho i usually get sick only 2 or 3 times a year...but usually it's 2 things hitting me @ once...not one after another like it is now...i propbably need to improve my immune system...other than that i've been ok tho...keeping busy with my uncle & stuff...

Posted

hi sorry to hear your ill. i was vary bad last xmas coughing all time pain in cheast had to have xray took 4 weeks to get better. i wich you well m8 as i know what its like pete

Posted

Sorry to that you're not feeling well. Well as my grandmother would take alot of liquids and have plenty of rest. Try drinking hot tea with honey and lemon. May that will ease your discomfort especially you throat. You also take vitamin C if possible. Get better soon. Take care.

Posted

well hope ya better soon,,,u could not cope with my illness then ,,,9 heart attacks,2 triple failed bypass surgeries,9 pacemakers atrial fibrulation,heart block,,wish all i had was a cold

Posted

thanks guys...well just cuz i'm complaining about it doesn't mean i'm not coping with it...it's not the 1st time i've had these illnesses...i'll get thru this don't you worry Andrew...well not to make you feel bad Michael...but i'm not a big fan a tea...usually what we drink for colds and stuff is cinnamon tea...but well as i said i don't really like tea...i tried this one tea...Vanilla Chai...add a little milk and sugar...and it tastes like warm horchata to me...so that's the tea i've been drinking that i find tolerable...i wish i had those vitamin C tablets...the strawberry ones are my fave...yea...my cough was really bad yesterday...it got so bad that everytime i coughed it was making my head hurt...but luckily today i've feeling lots better...i'm hardly coughing...and well my nose isn't as stuffy as it was...so maybe these are obviously good signs...just gotta keep up the good work...& i'll be good as new...thanks for your get better wishes guys...

Neil_Hilde
Posted

I always recommend garlic. Regular use not only helps prevent illness, but also reduces the symptoms and duration. Vitamin C only reduces the symptoms, and in some cases can actually prolong the illness.

There's a TON of sites that basically say the same thing, but here's one to peruse: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=60

Posted

ooooh...cool thanks Neil...

elSac08
Posted

Michael's suggestion was spot-on - hot tea w/honey & lemon - try it, it really works. Feel better brother

Heebie999
Posted

Yeah.. hot tea!

Posted

hmm. never had laryngitis before. If I did, I guess some people would consider it a blessing because they wouldn't have to hear me talk. LOL. I do suffer from bad allergies though and head colds like I have both now. So I know what you mean about it sucks to be sick. Sorry to hear your ill, hope you feel better soon. Try drinking hot tea with honey in it, see if that helps. Take care.

Posted

well i know honey lemon tea is the best suggestions...but as i said i hate tea...so most likely i've gone with the choice to drink more orange juice...yummy...but anywho...yea...my cough is almost completely gone...all i have to worry about now...is getting rid of this cold...thanks for the get better wishes guys...i think they're working...

Posted

Since you don't like tea,orange juice is fine. Anyway take alot of fruit juice. It would help. have a good day. Hope you're feeling better.

Posted

You're welcome. my email is mickyeong@gmail.com. see you later.

Andy_Lee_54601
Posted

i know this is going to sound wrong, but whenever i have had the 'cold' or 'flu', my dad used to give me hot water, 1 shot of whiskey, slice of lemon, honey and stir in a glass. it made me drowsy, but after a couple of hours i was slightly better, 2 days later i was 'cured' , lol. Jony, i know its the wrong thing to take, but it worked for me. get well soon, big guy. xxxx

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@jony I know wht you are going through for the past couple days I have been sick so bad that I have not even felt like eating..Feeling better today but not as good as I want to ...

Posted

Hi Lee. My aunt would boil alot of chinese herbs for me to drink whenever i get sick. I was horrible but very effect.

Posted

well i've never had whiskey...nor do we own any whiskey...most mexicans own tequila...which is my best friend...but anywho...thanks for the remedies guys...i can't really afford to be drowsy while working w/my uncle...so can't really drink any alcohol...either way i'm getting much better...it won't be long now...i'll be good as new...

Posted

Nice to hear you're getting better.Take care.