Michael_Wolfe

When is this going to stop - Gay Guys! <3

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Please share this story....
Jamey Rodemeyer, a 14-year-old boy from Williamsville, NY, took his life Sunday after what his parents claim was years of bullying because of struggles with his sexuality.

His parents, Tracy and Tim Rodemeyer, say that Jamey faced bullies for years, though things intensified in middle school, according to NBC 2. Jamey recently became a freshman at Williamsville North High School.

In the wake of their loss, the Rodemeyers hope to carry on a message of anti-bullying and acceptance. "To the kids who are bullying they have to realize that words are very powerful and what you think is just fun and games isn't to some people, and you are destroying a lot of lives," Jamey's father told WIVB.

Tracy Rodemeyer misses her son, but hopes the loss can still be used to teach a message of tolerance. "It took him away from our family way too early and we're just convinced that he had a purpose on this planet and it was to touch as many people as he could," she told NBC 2.

According to NBC, the Rodemeyers had gone to the school about the problem in the past. Jamey even sought counseling to learn to deal with the problem, but it seems it wasn't enough.

While they say their son seemed happy in the days leading up to the tragedy, his "It Gets Better" YouTube posting from May includes details about how intense the bullying was.

Through it all, Jayme remained outwardly optimistic. “That's all you have to do. Just love yourself and you're set. And I promise you, it'll get better,” he said in the video, which you can see in full below.

Gay bullying has been gaining increasing attention in the media, as a number of tragedies has brought the issue into the spotlight. Earlier this month the California State Senate passed "Seth's Law" a measure designed to curb anti-gay bullying in schools.

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or visit stopbullying.gov.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I think this is very sad. I worked for a school in Pa. for over 20 years and I saw what it can do.A lot of kids try to hide what they are. Afraid of what can happen.This happens to the teachers too. I had a very close friend lost job cause kids said was coming on to them. It is very sad.

Posted

Speaking from most bitter and painful experience, nothing, including the above discussin, is going to help. In other words, this is a completely lost cause.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I don't think it is a lost cause because look what happened in the Military It is just the beginning. So I do think us Gay and Bisexuals have something to look forward to.

Posted

Wed., Sept 20th, 11, 21:15 Hrs. M.D.T.
Hi Group,
It May Be the End of DADT (???) so It Seams for NOW. I'm Willing to Bet Anytime Thats as Soon as the Republican Jack Asses and the Red Neck Biggots Get Into Power, the Rules of the Game Will Change and the Policies
Will B Back to the Deals That If Your Gay, Your NOT Welcum in the Military.
What May Look Nice in Pictures and on the Surface is Probably a LOT DIFFERENT under the Surface Because There are a Lot of Military Personel Who Don't Like the Ideas of Gays Openly Serving in the Amcn Armed Forces.
In Canada Its a Lot Different and a More OPEN Society etc.
Just My View from North of the 49th, OK.
Tnx,
Operater.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Lets hope we can change that. If we fight for our rights the rich won't be in power long I know its a dream but got to hope for something.

Posted

@ Michael i cant write anymore on this as i am absloutly SICK 2 the Core, Those Bastard's. R I P Jamey.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@William I know that you been hurt in the past but now is the time for us to talk to our str8 and gay teens about this...I have ask everyone to spread the word and lets help just one of the teen and it will go on from there..We need to talk about this and other types of bullying that is going on...
@Andrew I am happy that after all these year DADT is in play..I am ex navy and it was very hard to be yourself..But this discussion is on what happen to young Jamey not the military..
@Dennis you are right we need to change and help those that need it..
@Richard I too am sick of seeing that our young teens(males&females)are being bully everyday for who they are....
I ask again let us spread the word that bullying is just wroung and it needs to stop...

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Top of the morning to you You looking good yourself.

Posted

This will not ever stop, it is why I am still not out. I came very very close to topping myself when I was 14.5yo and that was not because of bullying but because of being scared, terrified, of being gay, and hating being gay, and hating myself as well for having gay feelings. You can't talk to anybody about it because you don't want anybody to know. It is like being in a trap you cant get out and also being on drugs cos you HAVE to do gay sex but every time you do you hate yourself more and feel dirty, but you can't stop. It really does your head in, but you gotta pretend so nobody suspects.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Don't be scared it is not that things are wright but you can find people like us that will Liston and often try to help.

Posted

dean i sent you an email about this,on this site you can talk to us worldwide,you are not alone,and if you want to keep your secret hidden that is up to you,but you are not dirty,simply a young man struggling with an identity crisis,pretense is not always the answer,but if it is right for you, then addopt an anti-gay stance in your lifestyle, but please still come back on this site and talk to us all,and stop hating yourself.we all live in an imaginary cell,with clearely defigned borders,but your lifestyle is up to you,get help for your drugs,and build your own life.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

There a lot gay and bisexual groups in England look them up they will help

Posted

Yep True Dennis, i am sorry Dean for ur life so far, and i am here for u at any time. I had a fairly simlar Experence (sexual) myself, but i got help, but while i can live with it, it still stay's there but in no way as strong as it was. I do need 2 talk about it every now and again, the thing that worked for me was that i told another person everything, i didnt hold back on anything, i completley cleaned out my house in my head, and what a great result.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Do you know any Lesbians? they could give information on gay com. in the area and others will think your trying pick on a girl and can get information where you go to talk to someone.

Posted

I have a great mate on here who has made me feel better, and as he has other probs as well as being gay, he is a lot better than me.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Good I hope you be better with someone I look forward to hear from you

Posted

RIchard you would never be wasting your time helping me or anybody else, don't say that. I just happen to be real lucky that somebody my age helps me when things go tits up. It isn't sex or anything he is a mate.

Posted

Sorry Dean, i didnt mean it 2 come out that way. Of course i am here 2 help anyone on this site the best i can. And i am glad u hav a friend ur own age 2 talk 2. When u were sick i got a bit upset as i had deleted u from my friend's list. That was a stupid thing 2 do as my medication had been changed which made me more Depressed. They hav eventually got my Tablet right now and am in a far more better state of mind. Again my Apoligie's Dean, contact me anytime if u want.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

It is not always about sex. Deep friendship and love is a lot more to being together just for sex

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Dean having a good friend is always the best thing..This way you can talk about everything to him and since he is the same age he knows what it is like...

Posted

My thought again - to be there for my gay brothers as best I can

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Thats is what everyone wants too...

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I think that is we all want if we can be there for or brothers

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

OH ok