Chud

Languages! - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Due to a discussion I put up yesterday (in my native tongue Welsh)it has truly opened my eyes to other languages people can speak, which has now given me an idea for another post.
I want to ask everyone what languages do you speak in order that you learnt to speak them, also if you like you can tell us how you came to speak that language
My first language is Welsh, believe it or not I couldn't speak much English at first I was a fluent Welsh talker and it made me feel like a foreigner in my own country, not many people could understand me, it upset me to see how much Welsh has died out over the years.
My Second language is English, basically I HAD to learn this or no-one would ever understand a word I spoke lol.
My third language is French which I managed to pick up quite quickly while doing my French G.C.S.E
My fourth language is Backslang, which is most of my family can speak so I quickly learnt from them.
My fifth and final language is Double Backslang, it is just like Backslang but is much more complicated, I am almost there with speaking it, I can understand it perfectly but speaking it is very difficult, it's a huge tongue twister lol

So how many languages can you guys speak?

Posted

Double post? I only clicked comment once! DEW!

elSac08
Posted

Thanx Richard. My first language is English (I'm American). My second language is Yiddish, which is a form of German. I learned this of necessity (as I thought) since whenever my parents wanted to say something secretly, they said it in Yiddish. I grew up with my grandfather living in our home, and he was most comfortable speaking Yiddish. I gradually learned the language by occasionally asking what a specific word meant. The adults in my family continued assuming that I didn't understand what they were saying until my uncle told an off-color joke and I was the first to laugh!! I went to Hebrew School beginning at age 7 - never liked it, so I rarely paid attention, consequently I speak only rudimentary Hebrew. In 9th Grade I began to learn Spanish and in 10th French - both of which I can speak reasonably well. I can also make myself understood in Italian. Thanx for asking ;=)

Gordy_Byrne
Posted

hi, welcome, I tried to figure out what language that was posted in. I tried all kinds of Nordic stuff, but not Welch, sorry, no disrespect, I just thought it was dutch, or danish, maybe German, lol. but now I know. Wow, I am impressed with the languages you do speak. Unfortunately I am an American, and English is the language for me. I am trying to puck up some Spanish but not to good at it yet.

Welcome.

Nagarajan_Subramaniam
Posted

can speak english hindi tamil only 3 Indian languyages

Posted

i learnt french and russian due to my parents then english at school then i learnt dutch as we lived in holland for a year my grandfather spoke to me in german but i dont remeber as much as i shud :/ i can speak spanish to a quilocial standard but not fluent (yet) and i learnt latin at school

Alexander_Zhang
Posted

chinese and poor english

Posted

Hum if you speak French, Then talk to me Richard haha =D

About me, my languages are only french Native, and English. That's all.
I have some bases of Japanese, but really bases... ahah

Posted

Nice story, LOVE accents

Umm.. Mother tongue i THINK maybe English. Fluent, Mancunian accent etc. Picked up Cantonese when i was young... Not sure when to be honest. Use this to communicate with family, mainly of the older generations (non-English or just plain terrible speakers). But can transition between the 2 if talking to a Cantonese/English speaking friend, which is kinda cool. I apparently have a 'Gua Jhay' (English guy) accent when speaking it. Which i don't!

Trying to practice it more to keep it in myself

Posted

Did French GCSE so know that very basically.

University - attempted to learn Polish and Lithuanian, failed miserably... :L

Posted

Thurs. Sept 8th, 11, 21:00 Hrs. M.D.T.
Hi Group,
I Speak English and Know Some french as I Used to Live in the People's Republic of Quebec B 4 I Moved to Canada. I Won't Use french Because I Don't Like P.R.Q.'s Attitude that if Your Not Lilly White french quebecois You Looked Apon as Being a Piece of Krap and It Official Govmnt Policy as I See It.
Tnx,
Operater.

Allen_Thikeo
Posted

I learn't Laotian at first since it's the first language in the household. I then learned Vietnamese cause my family from my moms side spoke it. I learned English ever since I was born. Being that I was born in america of course. I also learned Japanese since I travel there during every summer. I'm currently taking French in my highschool.....So.... Yeah =)

Posted

איך רעד אידיש

Nagarajan_Subramaniam
Posted

No gay or lesbian transegender have responded to my invitations given to them i don't know why. they are not interested i think

Nagarajan_Subramaniam
Posted

i had sent invitations to all the friends but no body responded i am feeling bad. At least they should have informed me or emailed me. I had given my cell no.

Posted

I'm a gonna start teaching myself Danish.