Does God really hate anyone? - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

Organized religion, especially the extreme fundamentalist, would have you believe just that. As a former pentecostal evangelist, I saw and heard it all. Most big churches today are nothing more than businesses run for profit. There are good, sincere ministries out there.

The God I believe in is not a god of judgement or human attributes. Paul described God as a Spirit of unconditional love. another word for spirit is essence. This God is not capable of anything but love. I know this from personal experience.

Where the churches err in their message is that our relationship is to be with the Father not the Son. We acknowledge the Sons gift of the cross that enables us to go home and be in a right relationship with the Father, just like the prodigal son. Even Jesus, when he found the disciples praying to him, told them not to pray to Him but to the Father.

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Hi Terry,
Can you tell me where I can find in the scripture that part you spoke of where the disciples were praying to Jesus and He told them not to, but to pray to the Father? I ask because of the scripture where Jesus says no one comes to the Father except through Him. I'm just trying to put things together for myself. Thanks a bunch; I appreciate it.

Posted

Hi Susan,

I don't have a Bible handy but I belive it is in the Gospel of John. Jesus had gone aside to pray and when he returned he heard the disciples praying to him and asking him for favors. He rebuked them and told them not to pray to him but rather to the Father, in his name.

It is true that no one comes to the Father except through Him. It was his death on the cross that made it possible to return to the Father. After Adam and Eve "sinned" we are told that the wages of sin is death. This means spiritually. Separation from our divine nature. Jesus took our place on the cross and became the only doorway back to our divine nature.

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Thanks Terry, I think I know which scripture you're talking about. It makes more sense now when you clarified with the words "in His name".