Jony_Star

I Don't Know Anymore...I'm Confused... - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

well all this time i've been bragging of how i'm gonna stay in oregon...but everytime i look at my baby girl...i can't help to feel sad because she's starting school this year...& i want to be there for her...according to my family here in bend...it was supposed to be easier to find a job...but i just really don't see a difference it's just as hard...i don't know what could be wrong...i mean the only thing i leave blank in the job application is my job history...because i've never had a job before...as crazy as that sounds...as for my resume well it's pretty simple...but still i don't know what it takes to get a job anymore...because i have the motivation and the passion to learn what i need to in order to get the job...but it's still not enough...what am i seriously lacking???...i don't know...i think i might just go back to Cali...but at the same time i kinda don't want to go back because i'm too attached to home...if i were to stay here...i could gain a little independence...but then we come again to my baby girl...i'm seriously super attached to her...the fact that she cries everytime i leave to my cousin's house...just kills me sometimes...and it would kill me that when she has to go back to Cali...i can't say bye to her because then she'll start crying...i just don't know what to do anymore...my emotions are trying to battle the logic in me staying in Oregon...i mean if i were to return to Cali...i would keep trying hard or even harder to find a job...because i actually want to start doing something in my life...rather than sitting on my ass...it kinda sucks that i've matured so late in this age...but well i had to start sometime...but well whatever i end up decided i can't look back & can't give up on myself just ever...just gotta keep moving forward...(sigh)...this is tough for me...

Posted

Jony
Keep your chin up and keep trying, don't give up.

What are you putting on your applications? What type of work are you looking for?

First, if you are bi-lingual, stress that on your application.

Also have you done any volunteer work? List that in your employment section. Make sure that the employer can see your skills that match the job opening.

Any clubs or organizations that you were a part of, especially if you were in leadership. Finally, be up fromt about the fact that you have no work experience. Stress that you are willing to learn.

Posted

well right now i can't be too picky about my job...so i'm looking any kind of job...most of the applications specify and want me to list the jobs that i've had in the last 5 years...my volunteer work has been more than that...i have mentioned that i can speak fluently, read, and write both English and Spanish...as for clubs and organizations...well they usually don't ask that on the applications...i did put it on my resume...i even placed the awards i received...maybe i should start some volunteer work...that way i would have something to put on my work history...but i also gotta be honest...seeing as i wasn't born here and haven't become a US citizen...yet...i don't have an ssn...the one i've been providing is a fake...of course if they check it...they won't hire me...so again it just makes it a little more difficult for me to find a job than other people...that's why i've been striving to think of some kind of job or business to start at home...but unfortunately i don't have the money to start...and neither does my family...i tried once...i made crystal bracelets...of course they're pretty and simple...but i guess it hasn't been enough...i have to be more creative...so i don't know what to do still...

Posted

I also am trying to re-enter the work force after having been out of the country and unemployed for the past twelve years. It is tough, but you just have to keep going. Knowing more than one language helps a lot. I have an interview today for an English teacher. The director with whom I spoke the other day asked me if I had any experience teaching. I told him flat out no. When he asked me why I think I can take the job, I told him that English is my native language, and boom: I had him where I wanted him. Just keep on persisting. You don't have such an impressive resume? Make it look attractive. Go online and use a resume wizard that will make your resume visually impressive. That's what catches the eyes of employers. It'll fill up in no time. I promise.

Dave_Mack
Posted

Job hunting is hard considering the economy and the fact you have no work history makes it even harder. Try this, Tell the manager or boss or whomever you see that you have no work history but you are willing to learn and do the very best you can, Flat out ask him for a break. Honesty goes a long way. Now one other issue.. you are not a legal US citizen and that alone is a huge problem. Perhaps before you try to get work you begin to tackle that issue and be LEGAL. I for one would not hire an illigal if I were an employer,. The legal ramifications are enormous. The government can shut a business down if they want for hiring an Illigal alien.
These may be the reasons its is so hard for you to get work. Hope this helps...
Dave

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

jony, start at the fast food places then go from there. looking for jobs is hard. it is harder when youdont have job experience. i find it that if you go to a fast food place they will hire you to train you for what ever job they need you as. after you get that job and you want to change jobs down the road then you can. you have to start at the bottom then work up as you go unless you can find a farm job. farm jobs are hard work but most farmers really need workers

Posted

its rather hard to get a job, now a days especially with the economy being the way it is damned if you do damned if you dont im experiencing the same problem but differently... see i started working to keep a roof over my head at 16 been doing it ever since but because of that i basically skipped the party scene,club,partys,the drinking(not that i regret that part) and now that i want someone in my life im having the hardest time finding someone...but alas start small maybe a restaurant it will give you work history and customer service experience a bit of cash in your pocket and move up from there.. hope everything works out for i know its specially hard with the ss part but keep at it you will find something eventually---- I wasnt going to get hired at my current job which i have been doing for about 6 going on 7 years--- till i said its as frustrating for me as it its for you, i know you are looking for somebody with experience and i dont have it, but where am i supposed to gain the experience if no one is willing to give me a chance got hired the same day

Richard_Edwards
Posted

@Jony What is lacking is that you don't have an ssn, It's not you, it's your situation. No reputable company will hire you without an ssn. Using a fake one will only come back to haunt you. Perhaps you can find an organization to help you get a green card (permission to work here). (Try Legal Aid.) With that you can get an ssn.

In the meantime you need to think of what kind of services you can do for individuals who can pay you cash (off the record), such as cleaning apartments, dog walking, etc.

Posted

well it's easy to say just get legal...but the immigration process is a hard, long, and an expensive process...now how am i supposed to get legal if i don't have any money???...unfortunately that's not gonna happen anytime soon...unless i find me a rich sugar daddy who is willing to do me the favor of marrying me and getting me my papers...but even then i wouldn't do it...hell my dad has tried to get me into the military because they would eventually grant me citizenship...but i say hell to the no...so unfortunately this path is of my choosing...and if i gotta struggle harder than others...well then that's what i'm gonna do...anywho... i have a pin # that i'm supposed to use to do my taxes and stuff...of course that's not an ssn but i sometimes wonder if it would work...well i think i'm just gonna head back to Cali...try the places i've already applied and insist until they get tired of me asking...and give me the job...=)

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

jony, it is not your fault that you can not find a job. i was reminded earrlier about the new or should i say semi new law that went into affect Jan. 1, 2010. it is the law that states, if you werenot born of the usa and you dont have a social security card and drivers license then you can not get a job in the state of oregon. in other words, you need a proof of birth certificate, social security card, drivers license, proof of address, proof of voters id or a green card before you can get a jon in the state of oregon. you can thank the illegal migrants that comes over the mexico boarder for that new law.

so this is how you go about getting a job in oregon. you need to go to portland and register to become an american citisen so you can get a job. i am sorry baby there is no other way to go about getting a job here in the good ole state of Oregon

Posted

well of course they would move up to oregon and other states...Cali is over populated with hispanics...and everyone else if fleeing the anti-immgrant states...but anywho...like my ssn i also have this fake green card...which could either help me or not...probably not...but well it would be worth a try...but if nothing turns up by sept. 2nd...i think i'm gonna go back to Cali...well i'm off to fill up some online applications...ttyl guys...

Posted

"you can thank the illegal migrants that comes over the mexico boarder for that new law. "

a week without those immigrants would cause panic in the us just saying

Keith_Imeson
Posted

come to canada we treat immagrints better than people that been living here for years.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

Jony, if i had abuisness in bend, i would hire you with no problem sweety

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

jony, i am triing for my ged. if i pass will you try to get legalized olease baby for lil ole me please lol

Posted

thanks for the offer Homer...but well i'm just gonna keep giving it my all...because when i choose to get married...i want to get married for love...not as a favor for me or anything...but that's really sweet of you...thanks again...

Posted

Luis...i'm sure they know that w/o the illegals they'd be in panic...or else they would've passed more anti-immigration laws throughout the whole nation...but that still something we shouldn't be proud about...most of the illegals are being taken advantage of...forced to work for cheap labor...so it's not all that great on either sides...so i don't like that we as hispanics try to seem like we have the power over this nation...it would suck if all the illegals would be forced out of the country because of the same reason...so many families and companies depend on our labor...the fact that the government think employers should be punished for hiring illegals is outrageous...i find this whole nation thing ridiculous...call me corny, stupid, or whatever comes to your mind...i wish we wouldn't have these restrictions such as borders and everything...why couldn't we all just live together as the human beings that we are...sure different cultures and whatnot...but underneath all that we're still the same people...but oh well...just gotta keep struggling...this is only one of the many obstacles that i will have to face...and with this burning inspiration that i now have inside me...i know i'll be able to overcome anything...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

no i dont want to get married to you. i want you to get legal so you can get a job. lol but that is a nice thought though lol.

Posted

im just simply quoting homer hopefully he didnt mean it as it came across and yes its a given that most immigrants are underpayed and mistreated but im simply stating that we are no longer a minority that is all

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i said it and the law states if you are from another country, you have to have proof of us citizenship or you can not get a job or get the right to drive a car. i did not make the law, the former govenor of oregon made that law. the reason is because every one complained that if they were a mexican, they could get help faster from the state of oregon then any one who was a person who was born here.

Posted

There are always ways around the system. I'm always hearing here in New York about various ways to outmanuever the system. I don't know much about immigration, but ask around, and I'm sure you'll be able to find a way to get everything you need. May you be blessed with success, Jony.

Posted

A serious word of caution, though, as a friend: It is really not in your best interests to post in a public forum like this that you are breaking federal laws. You ought to be careful about that. Peace.

Posted

that maybe...but well what's done is done...i guess...

Posted

Be strong, be brave, and be happy. That's the key.

Posted

yep...i sure will...i just can't wait to go back to Cali...