Chad_Rogers

This One Is A Lil To Serious - Gay Guys! <3

Chad_Rogers
Posted

MUST we argue like little school girls? If we dont like a post, can't we agree to simply click away instead of bantering on and making fools of ourselves? I mean, if we can't love within the community how can we expect the world to love us, or for that matter tolerate us? Now I understand that putting thousands of gay men on the same web site is bound to turn up a disagreement here or there. Being gay doesn't mean we have to like each other anymore then straight people have to like all straight people, but being that we ARE so much more fabulous and graceful then the common breeder, I wish we could at least respect the fact that everyone else who gets online doesn't want to read about our petty drama. So, to those whom I may have offended [Namely Mark] this is my public apology. I'm far from perfect but I'm not here to make enemies and start quarrels. I will work on the things that tend to get under peoples skin, if you can agree

Chad_Rogers
Posted

that we could all just take a breather and act with respect to others, specifically when we are posting things for the WHOLE WORLD to see.

Posted

Although I hate to say this, I still must be brutally honest: It is absolutely no mystery to me why most of the world hate homosexuals. Futhermore, the homosexuals have only themselves to blame. And, again, I speak from bitter experience. Like it or not!!

Chad_Rogers
Posted

This is exactly the sort of ignorant babble I was talking about. Would be nice to get support once in a while, this however started the discussion with a highlight example of what to keep to yourself. Obviously there are MANY reasons that people hate homosexuals, and I highly doubt anyone has considered them all but I certainly don't blame myself. I am a pretty rad guy, and anyone who can't look past something so superficial is beneath my notice to begin with. It's their own loss, and I truly wont lose any sleep over it. However, the four models hiding under my bed may keep me up a while. Rofl, or perhaps the jock guy I'm seeing lately. He can keep me up as long as he wants, but people who are so insecure with themselves that they hate homosexuals... they may just lose a good nights sleep here or there wondering what THEY ARE.

Andy_Walker
Posted

Well, Chad, I am with you. Everyone should be kind to each other, regardless of race, age or sexual orientation. On the other hand, William has a good point...a few gays set the perception of the larger public that we are all flamboyant crazies.

I was just locked in to a blog site where the discussion was about same-sex marriage. It is (at last) creeping in. What I find amazing is that it has been legal in places like Holland, Canada, Sweden for many years. Surely we should have the choice?

I may not want to marry my boyfriend, but I find it very discriminating that I can have 10 kids with a woman, never get married and she gets all the rights. Something is wrong there.

Posted

Disagreeing is healthy as long as one can respect differing opinions. I have very strong opinions about politics, and when I get into discussions with other people on certain issues, they usually disregard me as an idiot or a heretic, neither of which I am. The reason is that people often think with their hearts instead of thinking with their heads, so when you disagree with my opinion, goes their argument, then you are attacking me personally. I enjoy getting into a discussion with a person whose opinion is different from mine even when I know that he will not succeed in changing my opinion and I will not succeed in changing his, but there must be a mutual respect.

Andy_Walker
Posted

Jack, we are on the same wavelength, but just because we all have different opinions, does that mean we also have to be unkind?

Chad_Rogers
Posted

I personally have very strong political views, etc. I just wish people could talk about these things without flaming each other. We get enough of that from the haters. Andy, I think you and I see eye to eye. I do have to say though, early in life I hated the more femme gays cuz I thought they made us all look bad, but later in life I seem to have become quite femme myself. It's easy to place blame on ourselves (or fellow homos) but if there is any blame it clearly falls on the people who assume one gay man is responsible for the entire community. If they cant figure out that they are not like every other heterosexual then they clearly are not very smart to begin with, so why should their opinion mean anything to me? There will, after all, always be intolerance. I don't seek to completely remove it, just to tone it down.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Chad as long as I have been on this site there has been many discusion on this tropic and I have found that as much as we ask everyone to get along there are going to be people out there that just won't change and will yell and cuss you out over a discussion...I hope that us as gay men and women can understand to get along and if you don't like what people write in the thread then just don't comment..But as a gay man and knowing what I have seen onhere that will not change...

Posted

No, Andy, having an opinion that is different from another person's opinion does not give one the excuse to be unkind or disrespectful. When a person refuses to respect a second individual because his opinion is different, then his own stance on whatever the subject in question may be loses credibility.

Andrew_Sykes
Posted

Chad that was beautifully put - if we attack each other then we belittle the people that we are - we all have opinions - some put them more vicious and put groups/people down when we have enough of that already from other groups who want to see all gays exterminated - lets be happy for each other - if you have an opinion then try and keep it sweet - there is no need to attack - we need to stick together because otherwise the haters will win and we cannot have that - lets keep up the good work that is being done on this site to help and pass ideas to others who are lonely/scared/need advice etc - be nice it is so much better than being nasty

Janian_Nenanivik
Posted

yahhh!!! good yes you guys!! soo very awesome that you had this discussion! we are the fabulouse ones, the beautifull ones! If we all work together reguardless of differing op's , we WILL make this world better. yes why must we be nasty to each other on here? and be just like the polliticians, and all the rest that just want to tear each other apart . lets be the one who make this world awesome!! becuase we are!!!! by the way , welcome back micheal!! hope your back tpo your awesome self!!

Posted

Cool, Janian. Mr. Positive Attitude there. Good, good point.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Janian it is good to be back..It is also good to see a discussion that there is not bitching in...

Posted

well depending on how people take what i'm going to say...this may or may not burst your bubble...but i don't like the statement/opinion (could be my misunderstanding...feel free to help me out...) ...but i don't like that you guys feel like we're better than the heterosexuals...i mean if it's not them alienating us as the weird ones or inferior ones...then it's us alienating ourselves from them saying we're better than them...& they're the inferior ones...when will everyone actually stop seeing sexual orientation as a reason to alienate the homos from the heteros and actually realize that we are human beings...cuz underneath it all...straight, gay, bi, or whatever...we're still human beings with the same thoughts, feelings, body parts, etc...i agree that the nasty comments must stop...god knows how many times i've said it on this site...but well what can you do???...certainly they'll just keep on coming...as for sharing our dramas and problems...well maybe sometimes unfortunately we find ourselves alone, searching for different opinions, some aren't out the closet & apperently choose to stay in the closet...so we come to this site for support...the last thing i need to say is about the statement/opinion to stop posting topics about or problems or petty drama as it has been stated...i mean sure if a topic starts off positive & the person who posted the discussion wants to keep it positive...then by all means i understand...don't comment if you have nothing to say...but the same goes for us positive people when it comes to sensative topics about people's problems...the last thing they wanna hear is suck it up...so if that's something you wanna say or say anything just like it...save yourself the comment...the person is obviously looking for support...you may not have patience for people...so then skip the discussion...unfollow it if you have to...you don't have an obligation to comment or even read the discussion...so just chillax and move on...so i hope i haven't bursted anyone's bubble...but well that's what i think...so i'm sorry i bursted your bubble...but of course as always i stand by what i say...i'm not looking to please everyone...i'd go insane just by even trying...we all would really...when i can't agree...i just agree to disagree...no use in creating more arguments when we're trying to actually keep this site as a nice & safe place to meet people & share our thoughts & feelings...thanks for hearing me out guys...

Andy_Walker
Posted

Jony, as usual I agree with what you are saying, Just one question....are you taiking about HIV positive guys or simply attitude positive guys? I have no problem with either, I am just curious. It makes a difference to how I respond.....

Posted

people with positive attitude people...sorry...i wasn't specific enough...but yea i hope everyone understands what i'm trying to say...

Andrew_Sykes
Posted

its not just the straights that are attacking our way of life there are gay people out there who are also attacking other gays with their opinions which are hurtful and not helpful - be positive (mentally - or like me from a mental hospital lol) and give what you have by being nice about things - luv is what we are all after (well sex as well) and companionship - lets keep it together folks for the better

Posted

I can agree to disagree
When attacked verbally it then becomes beneathe me and I move on.
When I think I've been misunderstood, I try to clarify.
Bickering will never end.
Can't we be a great example to all others, definitely. And we should!
Let' be the lights for our side.

Posted

I'll have to agree with Jony here.

Posted

an interesting point Chad makes. To take a saying from the rave scene if I may: PLUR. Peace ,Love Unity, Respect. That's what we want so we should show it to each other
Why is it we seem to talk @ one another instead of to each other?