Robert_Hill_54728

The so called strixtess of roman catholicism versus their hypocrisy /blasphemy - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

they are not that strict on sexuality are they.!!!! ???.seeing as they bribe victims to keep quiet about child abuse..!!!
in this country the so called cardinal cormack murphy o'connor didnt even report child abuse to the police...preferring to bribe people...and keep it quiet ....

I FIND THAT EVERYTHING I KNOW OF ROMAN CATHOLICISM IS TOTALLY REPULSIVE/ BLASPHEMOUS/ HERETICAL...THE WHORE OF BABYLON....!!!
I CANNOT EVER ACCEPT A ROMAN CATHOLIC AS BEING A CHISTIAN...I JUST COULDNT TWIST MY MIND THAT FAR..

Posted

I will not argue what you, because from your point of view, is the only one you will accept and you've mad that quite clear, However, I would ask you to consider what many straight people think of us, what ever their religion is, if they have any faith.
"That anyone Homosexual is automatically, considered a pedophile"
As you will see in this youtube video :

http://youtu.be/EqIIeGmhL2Q

You can click on this link or go to Youtube and lin the search box please put this in ;" Boys Beware - 1950's AntiGay Video "

you see judging everyone who may belong to a certain group is wrong and unfair, in that you put every one in a neat little box which you can neatly hate, be mad at or what ever, you fail to see the forest because of the trees.

People come here for support, guidance and asking for prayers, or fellowship.

I do not believe that the intent of this group is to bash one religion over another, or judge religion(s) at all.

Everyone has their faults, no one is perfect, of the twelve Apostles, that Jesus chose One would deny Him 3 times, (Peter) another one betray him with a "kiss", (Judas) while another would have doubts if Jesus really had really risen from the dead, until he saw and touch the wounds in His hands and feet and in His side (Thomas).

So if you hate and berate how are you any different then those who hate and berate us?

I am not out to change your mind, that would be imposable, but I would ask you to consider and reflect on these points.

I am also aware, that some people just love to hate, and throw stones, and if someone could take their hate away, that there would be nothing left, because that's all they are; Just haters, hard cold, indifferent, have no mercy and only have hearts of stone.

Psalm 95: If Today You Hear His Voice Harden Not Your Hearts

You wrote: "I CANNOT EVER ACCEPT A ROMAN CATHOLIC AS BEING A CHRISTIAN".
I am sure you are more then aware that many people say that about us.
That anyone GLBTQ, can not ever be a person of love, or a person of any sort of faith. That we cannot be a "Christian"

Good thing that they are not the ONE who will receive us into Heaven, and we need not be concerned about them ever accepting us, because God already has.

I am pretty sure you will have harsh words to say to me, because you do love to hate, and there's no stopping you.

But I wish you weill and with love I will pray for you, as you run down to the store for some more smokes, and another bottle of Jack Daniel's

Posted

i dont hate anyone actually....
i do t need a sermon...
your forgetting..posibly..that i am gay also?/

Posted

Robert... if they are the Whore, then what about the Baptists, Assembly, Lutheran, etc who have done the same thing. You can turn on the TV and see the real whores, who rob the poor with their preaching.

So, we cannot point the finger too far away, because religions are made up of men, and as long as there is human flesh, there will be corruption, greed, and guilt enough to go around.

I despise organized religion ... ALL OF THEM ... for these various reasons. I choose not to participate. But to say I hate them, no... I have no hate, just distrust and a good education that allows me to learn, and see truth where others will just follow. Remember, a church is a group of like people who gather together. It is not a building... it is not a denomination. It is fellowship of like believers.

Posted

Hey Robert,

I'm really sad to read your post. I hope you will meet some Catholics that will help you to change your mind. I'm Catholic and know a lot of Catholics and most of them are really very Christlike and have taught me to love Christ and seek to be like him.

The abuses have a devastating scandal to all Catholics and Christians, but actually there is no evidence to suggest that the Catholic Church is worse than any other. The number of abuse claims from other Churches tend to be the same. There is a worrying tendency in the media, to not report abuses by other denominations, and to concentrate on Catholic ones, even though the numbers are the same.

This article gives a good overview:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/hark/2010/05/25/scandal-creates-contempt-for-catholic-clergy/39/

There is also worrying evidence that suggests that abuse may actually be more common in other denominations, but it is difficult to get hold of any kind of data because we're talking about so many scattered churches:
http://dannimoss.wordpress.com/2008/06/20/protestant-clergy-abuse-equals-or-exceeds-catholic-clergy-abuse/

So this is the problem of all of Christianity and society in general.

Let pray that after all of this our Christian Churches can eliminate this devastating problem that has hurt so many people and makes evangelisation so much harder.

By the way if your dislike is based on some bad personal experience I'm sorry and please believe me there are many wonderful Catholics and just want to follow Christ and are really Christian.

God bless.

Posted

to say the numbers of abuses within the Roman catholic so called church are the same as in others,, is a totally ridiculous thng to say!!!!
As I said I cannot/ do not accept that Roman catholicism is Christian..
If those roman catholics you refer to are genuinely Christian,,,why do they still go to roman catholic services...??

Ive never been roman catholic...and would rather die than become one or go to one of their meetings..Thank you..

I do not believe you are Christan at all...

Posted

Rob look at the articles. These are statemente from insurance companies that say that abuses are reported in non-catholic denominations at the same rate. How can you take evidence of this kind so lightly and dismiss it so frivolously?

If you're going to ignore evidence and dismiss these claims as ridiculous, for no apparent reason, then how are you better than the churchmen who ignored it in the 1960s?

Please reflect on this. I hope that non-catholic bishops and religious leaders will have a more serious and caring approach to a serious problem than you.

Sorry but I don't think you're in a position to decide who is Christian or to tell people which church they should attend. If Christ tells me and a billion other Catholics to attend Catholic churches then I'm going to listen to him.

Posted

Okay... you have crucified the Popes, one and all, but here is a story about a Protestant minister from FL, in the big apple. Now tell me hypocracy doesn't run in all religions and that your flaming bias is being overblown.

Police are investigating if drugs were involved in the death of a Florida megachurch pastor who was found dead in his Times Square hotel room.

There was an envelope filled with white powder allegedly inside the shorts of the Rev. Zachery Tims Jr, 42, the New York Daily News reported. Tims, who leads the 8,000-member New Destiny Christian Center near Orlando, was found lying face up on the floor of his room in the W Hotel by workers on Friday, according to The Wall Street Journal.

New York Police Department officials don't suspect foul play, according to reports, because his room was locked from the inside and none of his valuable belongings appeared to be missing. Police said his body showed no evidence of trauma.

Tims was in town for a meeting and was scheduled to fly next to Texas, the Daily News said.

An autopsy performed over the weekend was inconclusive, while toxicology tests will take weeks to complete, The Christian Post said.

Drugs had a role in Tims' life before he founded the church with his then-wife Riva in 1996. His biography on the New Destiny website said: "After Dr. Tims was miraculously saved, instantly delivered from drug addiction, and called into ministry, he determined to make his young life count by simultaneously earning two Bachelor’s degrees."

Tims has four children from his marriage with Riva, which ended in 2009 after he admitted to having an affair with a stripper, The Wall Street Journal said.

A prayer service on Monday at New Destiny Christian Center drew 2,000 people, according to The Orlando Sentinel. Tims' ex-wife spoke and told the audience that he'd vacationed in Puerto Rico with his family a week before he died.

"We lost one of our leaders," said the Rev. Willie Barnes, a Baptist pastor who spoke at the service. "His ministry was very, very powerful, especially to young people. He brought a different style of ministry, and it reached a lot of the younger generation because it wasn't so traditional," Barnes said, according to the Sentinel.

Posted

Rob, you obviously have some underlying experience that has turn you so bitterly toward the original, organized Christian church. Why not come on out and tell us you were abused by a priest or something. This type of hatred is not health. Disagree if you will, but attack .. NEVER!

If you would take time to look up the catholic or catholicism, you will find it is a ... no you look it up. Find out what it means.

Posted

you have offered no evidence at all to me...only empty words...
I cannot imagine that god would give any credence to the blasphemies of roman catholic dogmas...etc
your so called evidence is probably of roman catholic origin anyway...???
scripture..if you've ever read anything other than the missal, allows me to comprehend that which is not proper doctrine,and therefore to discern the difference between Christian and that which is of Satan....

try reading a Bible...!!!!
try buying a KJV Bible in a roman catholic bookshop...
try illustrating the doctrine of prayers (so called) to Mary...from scripture....
your staements really sound a tad pompous and very ill-informed to me....

Posted

".....Rob, you obviously have some underlying experience that has turn you so bitterly toward the original, organized Christian church. Why not come on out and tell us you were abused by a priest or something. This type of hatred is not health. Disagree if you will, but attack .. NEVER!

If you would take time to look up the catholic or catholicism, you will find it is a ... no you look it up. Find out what it means......"
sent to me by:- Patrick Cardwell

my response !!!
I have never been sexually abused by anyone....roman catholic or Christian...
Roman catholicism is not the original, organized Christian church as you think it to be...how ridiculous a statement it is for you to make...!!
As I said I have never been sexually abused
in any way...but I can imagine that if I had been to Roman catholic schools etc..I would certainly have been abused...
I DON'T HATE YOU...OR ANY OTHER ROMAN CATHOLIC / MUSLIM...OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF A NONE CHRISTIAN GROUP.!!!
I feel sorry for them that they are blinded to the truth that is in Jesus Christ alone...
im not interested in attacking...more interested i exposing....!!! which you, of course do not like...
the word catholic means universal....so wot...
sin is universal, and therefore catholic!!!
don't play games with words, with me....!!
And i suggest that you look up the word Babylonian in your collins dictionary....babylonian is another word/description for a Roman catholic...
better still, get an half decent history book, instead of the roman catholic books you so obviously use..
even better GET A KING JAMES BIBLE
AND HERES A CHALLENGE FOR YOU,,,SEE IF YOU CAN GET ONE FROM A ROMAN CATHOLIC BOOKSHOP.....
FAT CHANCE OF THAT!!! lol
youve really got to get your facts straight Mr Cardwell !!! especially historical ones..

Posted

Hey Rob. Sorry I don't mean to sound pompous. I'm just trying to help you see that these arguments don't make sense.

I did offer you evidence. I gave you two links. One was to the Denver Post, which is not of Catholic Origin and is actually pretty mainstream. You will find many other sources that say the same thing. It sounds like you didn't even read them. Its as if you didn't care about the truth or about sexual abuse and you only want to use to attack the Catholic Church. If you really cared then you would take it seriously. You would at least read the articles.

Actually I can infer the prayers to Mary from the bible. The Hail Mary is taken from the words of the Angel Gabriel, sent by God. Those prayers you have insulted are the words of God. In the bible Mary declares that 'all generations shall call me blessed', and this prohecy comes true because of the prayers of true Christians all over the world, including Orthodox, Catholics, and Anglicans and many others.

You may have a different opinion. But there is no need to attack the opinion of most Christians.

Actually Patrick is right. The church is the most ancient and established Christian organisation, which traces its line directly back to the apostles. No other organisation can do this. It was not founded by Constantine. He only contributed to bringing the various bishops from around the world together. These bishops already existed. They were not instituted by him. I can assure that you will find this in any history book. Constantine lived in the 4th century and there was a flourishing church before him. I've never seen a book deny this.

Again, please reflect on all that you are saying and do take the time to do a little research.

Posted

WOW !!!
I cant believe that you are so unedified concerning the true history of the church !!!

Posted

I do believe instead of putting so much time in studying something that doesn't even affect you, you might try studying something that does. Go to your local college and take a theology course... not one sponsored by any religious group or all you will get is their theology and there is so much
out there to learn and understand.

I wish you well, and this has been a stimulation discussion, in a way, but I believe it is time to unfollow and let you folks carry on.

Blessing upon you and your house.

Posted

why doesnt it affect me.??
have you never heard of apologetics ??
are you not able to defend your faith, and use your knowledge to persuade others of the truth that is being denied them...
i dont need a college course...ive been doing a theology course for years...when i study the Bible...

Matthew_Black_59471
Posted

I am a Roman Catholic and I find your comments offensive. The Catholic Church is the Church that Christ started himself through Saint Peter the Rock the first Pope.
Yes there as been mistakes, everyone is human and has free will and the point of being a Christian is forgiveness. The amount of abuse is no higher than any other large organisation such as teaching. The press has focussed on the issue with it being the church. 25 percent of the cases in America alone have been proven to be false allegations.

Matthew_Black_59471
Posted

The Pope made an apology in every country he visited and visited victims.

Matthew_Black_59471
Posted

And I do not make excuses for the Church or abusers. I was sexually assaulted when I was 11 years old and it was not by a priest.

Posted

I have never been a Roman catholic, and have never been sexually abused by the Roman catholic so called church...child abuse is merely one issue that I have with Roman catholicism, the MAIN issue is there false Doctrines !!!
Transubstantiation
Marioloatry
Indulgences
and a list of other doctines also.....
I frankly could not care less what the so called pope has apologised for....It carries no weight with me, and does not inspire me...
I would be inspired if the so called pope became a born again Christian, and repented of the Blasphemous/babylonian doctrines that he supports....
I find n' believe that the Roman catholic so called church is the most Murederous and disgusting organisation on the planet...!!!!

Posted

I have never been a Roman catholic, and have never been sexually abused by the Roman catholic so called church...child abuse is merely one issue that I have with Roman catholicism, the MAIN issue is there false Doctrines !!!
Transubstantiation
Marioloatry
Indulgences
I frankly could not care less what the so called pope has apologised for....It carries no weight with me, and does not inspire me...
I would be inspired if the so called pope became a born again Christian, and repented of the Blasphemous/babylonian doctrines that he supports....
I find n' believe that the Roman catholic so called church is the most Murederous and disgusting organisation on the planet...!!!!

Posted

Transubstantiation
Marioloatry
Indulgences

Posted

DO NOT SEND ME ANYMORE MESSAGES ABOUT THE DISGUSTING !!!RELIGION OF ROMAN CATHOLICISM !!!
ROMAN CATHOLICISM IS NOT CHRISTIAN....AND TO ME IS THE DISGUSTING HANDYWORK OF SATAN,....A PAEDOPHILE CLUB OF GIGANTIC PROPORTIONS.....
SO TO PUT IT SIMPLY AND CRUDELY

FUCK OFF !!!

Transubstantiation
Marioloatry
Indulgences

Willie_Knoetze
Posted

If these are the words of a Christian - I quit your club.

Danny_Brown_59255
Posted

Robert, reading your message, it seems to me your full of hate, this can only hurt you Robert; why do you feel you need to be so nasty to other Christian's, you may not recognise them as Christian, but God does. We all have different road's to travel to God, but all road's do lead to God. Please try and find love in your heart for all people.
God bless you on your journey.
Danny