Robert_Hill_54728

A Question ??? - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

If GOD tells you one thing and then the so called POPE tells you something contrary to that...
WHO DO YOU BELIEVE or OBEY ?????
GOD or the POPE ???????

Posted

Robert it is up to your on self what you believe, I am not a Catholic so the Pope means nothing to me, You ask a difficult question, especially in this day and age, but if you believe in the teachings of our Lord, but not those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, then for me that's what i believe, especially being Gay, as the teachings of the Gospel's condem us, but our Lord did not condem anyone, and that is my Faith. Be true to yourself and as a Christian that is all we can do.

Posted

But the same thing could be ask of any. I think you should always pray and follow the teaching of God Alighty

Posted

Not being Catholic, the Pope has no direct bearing on my life. However, recalling that Jesus was a man, a Godhead walking among us, to teach, to die, fulfilling the prophesy.

To Catholics., he is the direct representative of God. Some magical power comes over him as he makes his way through the politics of the Church to become its leader. Somewhat like the ritual of changing grape juice to Blood and a dried up cracker to the Body. It is all in what you believe. If there were one church, and you were brought up Catholic, then you too would believe in the power of the Pope.

Here in Pensacola, we have a church on about every street corner mostly Baptist. An old minister friend of mine told me the reason for all the churches was that the children of God can't get along.

I guess I would have to ask, why the obsession over the Pope? Are you Catholic Robert and having trouble with the teachings of the church? If you are of another belief, then the Pope should have no direct affect on you.

Posted

there is only one who died and was risen jesus, not budda,or any other. all other popes are still in there graves.

Posted

I think we should add that it is the God of your understanding and belief. Been around the tables a few times and that is what I come to understand