Such a thing as camp girls? - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

I know this is a really silly question but I was out with my friend and we were noticing this guy who spoke with a really typically camp voice. A lot like Alan Carr from the TV if your from the UK.

So I was thinking why don't gay girls have a special way of acting? Maybe like put on a deep voice and act all manly? Sorry I'm being silly Is it that gay girls don't really need to act that different to show they are gay to the world or do they just have a way cooler way of doing it?

Amy_Wells_54954
Posted

i believe that a lot of gay men get in touch with their feminine side quite a bit which brings out the "camp" voices, as for gay girls there isnt anything like that to set them apart from supposed guessing of sexuality because theres not just one type of lesbian, but there isnt just one type of gay man so its just another stereotype thing really lol

i hope im making sense lol

Posted

Yeah that was funny. Not as funny as something else I could mention from that night though

My thoughts on the subject as much the same as Amy's. There are no camp women (as far as I know) because they're already in touch with their feminine side and the affectations and mannerisms associated with camp men are already present and thus are inconspicuous.

Kimberly_Authier
Posted

I knew a girl with the most stereotypical dyke voice you've ever heard. She was SO cool. You could tell just from hearing her speak. "Oh my God, she must be a lesbian." It was amazing. Kinda rough/gravelly sounding voice but with a slight feminine edge...hot I tell you.

Anyway, I guess most gay girls just kinda go with the flow though. I mean most of the gay guys I know have the gay lisp and I love it so much but most of the dykes in my circle of acquaintances speak just as any other woman speaks, with the exception of using some pretty gay language. Talking about lady-fucking and which girls on the bus are doable and all that jazz. =P

Maybe it has to do with how any girl acting a bit more masculine is no real problem by society's standards, but heaven forbid any man act slightly feminine. Because of society's two-facedness on this issue, maybe gay men want to distinguish themselves further, or like they want to basically say a great big "fuck you societal norms" to everyone else. Girls, well, for us it's basically already semi-acceptable to speak or act boyish, so we're all just like whatever.

Posted

Oh really good answer Kimberly. Its weird with all the feminism that women can express them self more than men but we still feel repressed in other ways. Oh I would love to hear how your friend sounds, she should have a youtube channel or some thing if shes that cool sounding!

Kimberly_Authier
Posted

Oh she sounds amaaaazing, trust me, I totally got the hots for her voice.

Posted

Ow well if she ever come to the UK and can sing as good at she sounds I'd lover her to sing in my band I wanna form . Get her on youtube!!

Posted

you can tell when a gay girl is out and proud, they dress butchy and don't wear a lot of make up... well thats what i find

as for me, i'm not out, out out, so i don't dresses gay ish, but even if i was out i wouldn't change my appearance x

Serena_Jewell
Posted

I'm way too old to be in this group, but I felt the need to respond to Sophie's comment

There are so many different fashion senses out there. Being out and proud and lesbian has absolutely nothing to do with your taste in clothes!

I'm out and proud, beautiful, and girly. I get facials, pedicures, wear 4 -5 inch heels, etc. Everybody in my family knows, I'm gay, everybody! My son, my dad, my mom, my brother, and ALL my friends. If a guy hits on me in the street, he now knows too, lol.

I also know some really tomboy girls, who are straight.

I just wanted to pop in here and say, don't judge a book by its cover

Posted

my mum often tells me im too gay but in the wrong way, as in i often act like a camp man lol so in response to the initial question, yes girls can be camp

Sarah_Patchett
Posted

very insightful ladies =) and in all honesty Ive been told I have a slightly masculine voice.. A little raspy and deep but still very fem lol. I also dress slighty butch as well.. and often do not wear make up =P.. but i dont necessarily label it lol.. im just me! hehe

Posted

Haha always if I'm into someone I'll kinda lower my voice and make a sexy voice outta it haha, but as far as vocals go I've been told way to much my voice is sexy yet soothing ;-)lol.