Does Race Matter? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Well what it says above really, particularly being East- Asian... I feel personally from experiences that it does... I know people have preferences and its different if your a minority, but idk being East-Asian i feel we're really under-rated and just dismissed ever so easily. Lucky i came across my partner the first time i went out in a new city, he see's me as an 'attractive' guy regardless of race. But not everyone would see that...
I don't care about being in the 'In' crowd, you either get along with me or you don't. Simples. but i don't see myself as an arrogant guy or stuck up, i like to dress nice, i give everyone a chance or 2... So where am i going wrong?
I just wonder what you guys thought of this?

David_Dubber
Posted

Hi Chun,

I am British - born and bred in London. Race and religion means nothing to me and I accept all on equal terms. However, I adore Asian guys because they are so cute and cuddly

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

race does not matter as long as you love the person that you are with

Posted

David, i don't mean to offend you in anyway what so ever, but already there is a stereotype i despise... I know everyone stereotypes to a degree whether for good or bad... Same way as when i was younger with and older man people assumed it was for money and i was a bottom... However it wasn't ANYTHING like that... I stayed with this 'one night stand' because he was my first experience, i felt appreciated, i felt liked... But no he used me as a sex object... Also i topped half the time lol.

Homer, i totally agree with you, loves blind and should only be between the 2 lovers, shame others get involved...

Kevin_Briggs
Posted

hi chun
i am british and race dosn't bother me in the least i have some very good asian and black friends as well as chinese
So no race should not matter one little bit

Lorenz_Banks
Posted

I feel the same waysum people only see me as black an they assume one I have a bigcock not true every blk guy doesn't have a big one sum are normal an two I'm a bad guy sum blk guys are good just give us a chance I luv all races we gay guys r all in the minority

Posted

Kevin, again your attitude is the way everyone should be! But tbh decent 'gays' are hard to come by. Well for me lol

Lorenz, Totally understand you. I do too, i've been to the point when people ask me about my race! Am i half, this or that, cause i've been so uncomfortable being the race i am. But like now i've accepted it. Not everyone can think like yourself, it wont change so you just have to tolerate it i guess... Thats how i think now

But i think as gays, we should all have a similar outlook on life, its a bit contradictory... Well a racist gay in my books...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Chun race does not matter or I should say it should not matter but there are those out there that it matter alot...And we will never change there mind about race or about ,gays...

Posted

Yeh Michael i guess its just one of those things, balances they call it? lol. Shame really, there could be soooo much potential. But more so i think people of my particular ethnicity have it worst - just saying

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Chun you maybe right but there or others that there race has it worst and there is alot of gay people that they would say that they have a very hard time in life...So untill we all can acceept the ones that are around us then we will never be accept...

Posted

One of my best friends is Asian, we travel together a lot, he visits me in Palm Springs and I visit him in Los Angeles. In the twenty plus years I have never heard a negative comment from any straight or gay people we have been around. I am saying this because I wonder if maybe you the one that has the problem? You say "people of my particular ethnicity have it worst". You are a very good looking guy, so try not to be "uncomfortable" with your race, and start enjoying life. I'd be happy and proud to be out with you!!!

Posted

I know religious people may have it bad but i've seen snobby indians/muslims that look at me like dirt, to be honest i don't give a poo. They have the problem, but if they can look at me like that then what stops others?
I don't have a problem with other races, i've got english and also African bloody in some parts of my family. And tbh i don't have a problem with gays of any ethnicity, its just some people :/

Posted

LoL haha, Oh jee.. um... Idk Jerry, when i go out, i go out to have fun i don't go out to pull or anything, i don't really acknowledge people that much anymore because when i do it makes me a bit paranoid. I just feel people tend to not bother with me because of what i have to offer, face value. I've been on chat rooms with the intentions to look for friends, however when i tell them my name or they see a pic? They just stop talking almost automatically... You cant tell me i have the problem there when before we got on perfectly fine

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

ok to start chun race should not matter but to many it dose i know this becuse iam native and ive seen it happin to me,likje thay say one bad apple spoils the batch but its ok if life hands you a leamon make lemonaid the thing is to judge the person for who thay are and not for what outhers have done , just becuse your asian donr mean your a bad apple like so many outhers are i hope you can find what ever it is in life your looking for and you can change the minds of those who are closed to asian people

tachuwe

Rod_Bell
Posted

I agree with everyone. Race shouldn't matter. I love men of all colors.

Posted

Tachuwe, thats what i've done! I have assigned my self the task to change the opinions of Asians LOL its a massive task and draining but i think i have made an impact on a few lives.... The thing is when the odds are against you and when the majority seem to think one thing... it doesn't matter what you think, if Everyone thinks it then it must be somewhat true.... But i think im a strong individual to think different

Rod, everyone should be like that!! Discrimination of any sort is just simply not right

JJ_NN
Posted

race or ethnicity is absolutely not important to me.......

Posted

I personally think that race isn't an issue at all. In fact, people (+ me) always see interracial couples are beautiful and meaningful. I adore and love interracial relationship.

But religion matters a little to me. I don't care much about my partner's religion but converting is a NO NO to me.

JJ_NN
Posted

i totally agree with you Li Clement

JJ_NN
Posted

:-)

JJ_NN
Posted

i do have also sometimes problems with the religion, because indeed mostly they try to convert me........

and i am 100% atheist, so ther are always troubles , because i refuge to convert to any religion, what so ever.......

JJ_NN
Posted

always? most of the time :-(

Mark_McHugh
Posted

Have you ever heard of the "fundamental attribution error" in social psychology? There are thousands of interesting pages on the web you will find if you google it.

There is no way we can know why some people like us and some people don't. They have their reasons, but it us usually something to do with their situation and experiences, not something to do with us. It is a sad mistake when members of racial minorities think whenever someone doesn't like them, it is because they are racist.

Posted

Li, i agree i to think interracial relationships are a beautiful thing, & yes religion is probably 'worse' i just dont think you can ever love someone if your religious, you probably love your religion more...

Mark, yeh i see your point and i can relate to the whole 'no acknowledgement = racism', i've been the first to point the finger in the past. But when me and my partner go out people just tend to talk to him and now me, when im equally friendly... I dont care so much anymore as much now, used to frustrate me so much. Im not saying everyone has to date someone of a different minority but you can learn so much from something so simple...

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

i find it funny when people think that someone hate you for being gay is a racist. thing when its not , gay is not a race just like hetrosexual is not a race