WHY? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

why is it that the gay community is trying so hard to fix into the straight world. First the baby thing, the the miltry(can't spell), now the marriage thing. I feel we should some kind of equal rights, but why try to make them people accept us? I'm one of the few that not believe in this marriage thing and if I live in CA would have cast my vote to help stop this. I feel that we but ourselves in place and feel that the world must accept us. I was once one of those people that felt that way but as I got older came to the understanding that no one really cares and those that do are under cover and don't want the world to find out who they really are. Who I chose to bring to my bedroom is my business and no ones elses. I don't need approval from anyone on how I live my life. This isn't the same thing as being non-white in this country and we need to stop trying to ride that coat tail.

Posted

'Them people'?
I think what people fail to see whether gay/straight/coloured or not is that we as a race like to pick out differences. Gays can be as discriminative as anyone else, its about the individual. Obviously we're gonna have to stereotype to up the scale. Tbh the acceptance of gays have gone a long way, but then again your all the way in America which might be different...
I don't think a lot of people realise how hard it is to be coloured, minority and gay, but thats another story.

Posted

good lord we're not trying to "fix" the "straight world" we're trying to get the same rights as everybody else. THE RIGHTS WE WERE BORN WITH AND THAT HAVE BEEN TAKEN AWAY. It's about equality. How could you be against wanting to be treated equally?

Andy_Walker
Posted

As a Gay Australian, finally settled back Downunder after almost 25 years away, I cannot really comment on the Gay Marriage situation in the USA where things vary from State to State.

Here we have very strong anti-discrimination laws, and yet the Gay Rights Lobby have identified over 140 Federal laws which discriminate against same-sex couples, notably in areas such as inheritance and superannuation issues, as well as gay marriage. Curiously, straight de-facto spouses DO have these right, which seems incongruous.

My own opinion is that all couples should have equal rights, regardless of gender or sexual orientation. Personally I do not feel the need for marriage, but it seems unfair that those in the community who feel that marriage is an important step are denied the opportunity.

This is an injustice and needs to be seriously addressed and corrected, not just here or in the USA, but Universally.

Rod_Bell
Posted

I agreecwith Andy. There's no logical thought that LGBT folks don't deserve equal rights. We can also expect privacy, but if none of us are out of the closet how will straights know who we are?

Posted

but why fouce our way of life on someone else. i'm a gay man who don't feel the need to tell the world who comes to my bedroom and that is what we do try to make people accept us and cause a fuss, like a child, when we don't get our way.

Andy_Walker
Posted

Sorry, Mark. You have lost me. I have no idea what your last comment meant. I agree that no-one has the right to force their own preferences on any one else, but the rest was a bit of jibberish.

Good luck.

Posted

i agree w/the fact that we're only demanding equality...i mean look at segregation back in the day...black people were drinking out of hoses & mis-treated...are you telling me that if you could back in time you would've told Martin Luther King & other activists to stop wasting their time???...i mean seriously...we're not looking to force ourselves upon anyone...& frankly i don't know how getting married has to do with your business being put out there...ok so you don't see the point in getting married & you don't complain for equal rights...that's your choice...but for other people who do...why should we be denied marriage???...i don't need a marriage...but i want to get married someday...& sure i want some kids too...be a family...so tell me...what's wrong with that idea???...why should we let people continue thinking that a union of love can only be between a man & a woman???...why does a marriage between 2 people of the same sex have to be immoral???...these are the things we fight for...again you may no see a point in it...but well other people do...whether you understand that or not...well i frankly don't see it as problem you should be concerned...because whether gay marriage is legal or not...you've clearly chosen not to get married...therefore your "business" won't be put out there...but we all deserve the right to be happy...& if for some of us that happiness is marriage...well if that's what we want...that's what we'll get...