Robert_Hill_54728

The so called " POPE"..... - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

I think that is a question between Him and God, as well as the established Church.
When I look at all the beautiful "treasures" of the Vatican, I remember what Christ said to the rich man:Matthew 19:21. "
New International Version (©1984)
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
New Living Translation (©2007)
Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

English Standard Version (©2001)
Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

International Standard Version (©2008)
Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell what you own and give the money to the destitute, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come back and follow me."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, sell what you own. Give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then follow me!"

King James Bible
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

American King James Version
Jesus said to him, If you will be perfect, go and sell that you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

American Standard Version
Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Bible in Basic English
Jesus said to him, If you have a desire to be complete, go, get money for your property, and give it to the poor, and you will have wealth in heaven: and come after me.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Jesus saith to him: If thou wilt be perfect, go sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come follow me.

Darby Bible Translation
Jesus said to him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell what thou hast and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.

English Revised Version
Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Webster's Bible Translation
Jesus said to him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Weymouth New Testament
"If you desire to be perfect," replied Jesus, "go and sell all that you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have wealth in Heaven; and come, follow me."

World English Bible
Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have, and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."

Young's Literal Translation
Jesus said to him, 'If thou dost will to be perfect, go away, sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come, follow me.'

Matthew 6:19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 19:20 "All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack?"
Matthew 19:22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
Luke 12:33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
Luke 16:9 I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.
Luke 18:22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Acts 2:45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.
Acts 4:34 There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales
New International Version ©1984 by Biblica

Complete Desire Follow Hast Heaven Money Perfect Poor Possess Possessions Property Replied Sell Treasure Wealth Wilt Wish Wouldest

Complete Desire Follow Heaven Jesus Money Perfect Poor Possess Possessions Property Sell Treasure Want Wealth Wilt Wish Wouldest

Complete Desire Follow Heaven Jesus Money Perfect Poor Possess Possessions Property Sell Treasure Want Wealth Wilt Wish Wouldest

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
If. 5:19,20,48 Ge 6:9 17:1 Job 1:1 Ps 37:37 Lu 6:40 Php 3:12-15

go. 6:19,20 Mr 10:21 Lu 12:33 14:33 16:9 18:22 Ac 2:45 4:32-35 1Ti 6:17-19 Heb 10:34

come. 28 4:19 8:22 9:9 16:24 Mr 2:14 8:34 10:21 Lu 5:27 9:23 18:22 Joh 10:27 12:26

Bible Gateway: Matthew Chapter 19 Verse 21 NIV ESV NKJV NLT KJV Message Amplified

Alphabetical: and answered be come complete follow give go have heaven him If in Jesus me perfect poor possessions said sell the Then to treasure want will wish you your

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright ;© 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica®. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

The Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188.All Rights Reserved.

The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®) copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.

New American Standard Bible Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org.

International Standard Version Copyright © 1996-2008 by the ISV Foundation.

GOD'S WORD® is a copyrighted work of God's Word to the Nations. Quotations are used by permission. Copyright 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. All rights reserved.

NT Gospels: Matthew 19:21 Jesus said to him If you want (Matt. Mat Mt) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools

Matthew 19:21 Bible Software
Matthew 19:21 Biblia Paralela
Matthew 19:21 Chinese Bible
Matthew 19:21 French Bible
Matthew 19:21 German Bible
Matthew 19:21 Danish Bible
Matthew 19:21 Swedish Bible
Matthew 19:21 Norwegian Bible
Matthew 19:21 Multilingual Bible

Online Bible

Imagine, a Catholic Church without all of the trappings, no gold, icons, statures, rich robes, rings and crosses, and they sell it all to help the poor, feed them, and show the world the true meaning of God' love, set by example first, and not judging others, or claim that they (The Pope) has infallibility, when it comes to the Bible, and dogma, if they sold all the lands and the great buildings, as awe inspiring as they are, would not, that then be a better more humane Church?

The Popes robes are beautiful. flowing white robes, but I suspect His Holiness red shoes, are not from the wicked witch of the west but rather all the pain the church has caused others, with torture, killing, condemning and so on.

The Greatest "treasure" the Church has, is the ones they can not acknowledged or understand, and that IS the Souls of the faithful.

I do not claim to neither wise, or a saint, but I am your brother in Christ, who has offed my opinion, and I humbly sunmit to you that I may be in error, for I am not perfect, but on the other hand I also pray that what I have wrote here may be of some help to you.

God Bless you, and keep you safe under His wings.

Anthony of Portsmouth++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Youtube link I hope you like,

Libera - How Can I Keep From Singing

http://youtu.be/8gqxHnlawPI

Keep your faith, love God above all things, Trust Him and Him only in all things, even unto death, fear not, for He is with you at all times.

Posted

@andre: my man, I haven't seen you for so long and had just been praying for you and another individual who used to frequent this room. I was going to come on and ask if anyone knew where you went. And there you were. I had a huge smile on my face. It's so good to see you again.

I love all the ways the different translations explain it. I grew up in the Catholic church and then someone handed me a comic book, which was a series that explained how the Catholic Vatican plays such a huge part in the end times. I wish I could remember the series of the so-called comic series but by the the time I found the last 2 they were being pulled from shelves every where.

Thanks for God's word, my friend. Take care and God Bless you

Posted

i have studied church history / and catholic history...obviously not a christian organisation !!

oopster
Posted

What they could do instead of selling all those things, is have them on display for everyone to see, and have an entry fee / donation, that would raise more money in the long term.

Posted

I doubt it. Priests are like schoolteachers and actors - they are trying to be what they think they ought to be and what other people would like them to be and therefore part of the is bogus.

Posted

Some of you are missing the point of the establishment of the Church. They were so excited about making things they wanted them to be, they re-wrote history and picked and chose the books they wanted to include in the Bible, which of course has changes somewhat over the years.

It is important, that we understand they were trying to keep Christianity alive. It was not thriving at the time all this was established. Thus we celebrate our Christian holidays on pagan days. People would go to church, celebrate this or that holiday and then go and celebrate the pagan holiday.

Posted

the catholic so called church has spent most of its time murdering christians and christianity. actually...
fact is roman catholicism was started by emperor constantine..who was never christian / converted....
peter never went to rome...and not the first p
he was apostle to the jews not the gentiles...!!
the catholic so called church is that evil / blasphemous that it is depicted perfectly in Revelation 17
...its about time the so called pope or poop did something about child abuse as well !!!
instead of cardinal (so called ) cormack murphy o connor BRIBING people/victims to silence them...keep them quiet ..

Posted

I do believe you have some thngs wrong. Paul was sent by Jesus to the non-jews, just read that in Acts
Next, Paul talks about not being able to leave his home in Roman

And I have always felt Roman has got what they have always wanted and that was to rule the world.

Posted

paul was of mixed race roman/jewish
peter was married...so by their own dogmas, could never be so called pope
well you only stated what i had already said ie
paul was sent to the gentiles ie non jewish...
a gentile is one who is not jewish
paul was imprisoned in rome under house arrest/chains...
what precisely is your point ??
are you roman catholic ??

Susan_Duviella
Posted

I would think that the Pope, like any other human being can be a Christian and it doesn't matter that much what denomination one follows; as long as one follows the teachings of Jesus. After all, that's what a Christian is... a follower of Christ.

As for the Catholic church, I am no one to judge. I don't agree with Catholicism at all and would never be a part of that denomination. There are many denominations I do not agree with.

The "church" is not the building nor is it the denomination. The church is the body of Christ and the body of Christ is made up of those who have accepted Christ, are baptized in Christ and follow Him. Jesus is the head of the church [the body]. I do not believe that the catholic church is "The" church, just "a" church like any other.
Just my opinion.

Posted

i really am quite well aware of what the church is...ty
but how can you say that the catholic church is a church just like any other ???

" I do not believe that the catholic church is "The" church, just "a" church like any other."
The rc so called church does not follow the teachings of Jesus at all.
theyre primary focus is Mary ....

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Robert -
I am sure that you know what a church is and I did not mean any disrespect nor did I intend to be condescending; if this is how it came out, I apologize. I was simply expressing my own feelings and beliefs.

In regard to being like any other church, what I mean is this; regardless of the religion practiced, regardless of who or what the people within that church worship, it is like any other in that there are church rules, church regulations, ceremonies and traditions. My focus was, and is, on what I believe to be the true church, which are the followers of Christ [the body] and the fact that anyone can become a Christian should they so choose to accept Jesus into their lives regardless of who they are or what they do. That's all I was saying.
Have a blessed day.

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Not a problem... that's what communication is all about )
It's always good to learn and understand the thoughts and beliefs of others to better make a way for good communication. God bless.

Posted

have you witnessed to any Roman Catholis,,,??
( in the hope that they may become christian ...
and leave the papist / romish dogmas behind )..??

Posted

Are we now saying "our" religion is the only one that will get you into heaven. The Church was the first one. Every other organization grew from it. Martin Luther was the first to really challenge the Church and then others followed.

A strong Catholic, is as dedicated to their faith as we are, as Islamist or any other religion. Can't we all get along.

Posted

Roman Catholicism did not really begin untill emperor constantine in the 4th Century....
Christianity of the biblical variety has existed since Pentecost...

romam catholics may well be dedicated...
but they are dedicated to popish doctrines that are not found in scripture,, and are totally blaphemous in nature and origin.
the church/true church managed to survive in spite of romish persecutions, and the pressure of constantine to forcibly bring the christian faith under his conrol.. Christinity was a threat to constantines power base, and so he made his version of christianity the STATE religion... mandatory for all his armies n people...keeping the Mithraist religion alive within this new (emperor controlled )emperor religion by keeping the statues of the old state religion...
it was easier for people to swallow...
constantine still worshipped sol as his deity right up untill his death..hence the symbol of the sun in the roman catholic/popish monstrance...sol= sun..
the only means of salvation is through/by Jesus Christ....alone...

it is totally different means as described by romish dogma's / tradition //
they refer to purgatory / mary as saviour / prayers to mary / the blasphemous RC mass../transubstantiation etc...the doctrines of rome are not found in scripture..!!!they ae not christian any more than Jehovahs witnesses are / mormons / buddhists...

The WHORE of BABYLON IS ROME !!!

Posted

btw the Roman catholic so called church would have murdered Martin Luther if they had been able to get hold of him...except the king protected him..thank god...
there were protesters against Romish /popish doctrine / practice before martin luther..people like Wycliffe others......

Posted

There have been fighting between and in Christianity since it's inception. We have had so many organizations, even during the time you are discussing. Gnostic, Coptic, oh you name it there was a sect. The Catholics were the first to have a truly organized group. Understand they were trying to keep this floundering new religion going. Hence they pick and chose the items that were popular with the people.. men especially.

Have y'all looked at the Gnostic Gospels. I find them more informative than the accepted Bible.

Posted

the christians that were there at Pentecost were actually the first organised group as far as i know.and christianity was certainly not floundering at all. in fact it was flourishing!!!
The Holy Spirit was keeping the church empowered to witness to non beleivers,,
The Gnostic Gospels are certainly interesting but they are not Scripture!!!

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Robert, you said that "the Gnostic Gospels are certainly interesting but they are not scripture!!!"
Now, my questioning is genuine and not coming from any sarcasm or anything like that; the question is this; who determines what is scripture and what is not? You have obviously done some studying in regard to biblical history as I have noticed in your earlier posts, so you know that the bible had originally 88 books and not the 66 books we currently have. You would also know that there were writings that were excluded from scripture and determined by some theologians to be separate from those that were "inspired by God".
There were so many that determined how the bible would be put together, whether it be King James, Constantine, or any other who had their hands in the bible. So, who are we to say what books or writings are not really scripture or not really inspired by God? This is something that has been bugging me for years; maybe you can help shed some light for me.
Thanks.

Posted

Catholics call there priest father right and thats bad acording to Mthew 23.9 apparently and yr not supposed to even call yr Dad, father, thats w=y u call m dada etc,m