Michael_Wolfe

lets just talk - Gay Guys! <3

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Hi Guys I am starting this discussion to just talk about anything that comes to mind and lets keep it PG 13 ok...

I will start off by asking what is your favorit old or new car....

Posted

mustang comes to mind

Andy_Walker
Posted

Well I no longer drive, but my favourite ever vehicle was Kamilla the Kombi. Volkswagons are like lawn-mowers, even an idiot like me can get it to run.

I do love a smooth Bently, though.

Posted

there so many nice cars

Posted

I know, My grandparents used to have a Bently, and I just loved to drive that thing when I was a teenager

Andrew_Sykes
Posted

VW Golf

Andy_Walker
Posted

Funny thing about car owners....there are 2 types that I have observed.

First are those that stay with a car until they no longer run. My Grandfather was a great example of this. He had a 1965 Holden HD (I think in US terms this was a great clunky Chevvie). He died in 1990 and the car had done just 25,000 miles. I think he drove it once a week to the supermarket. When I inherited it, it still had the protective factory plastic on the seats!

The second are those who constantly up-grade, or at least trade in every year,

As someone who is completely disinterested in things mechanical, I don't quite understand that.

Andrew_Sykes
Posted

though i have had a few cars the first new one i bought was a vw golf - i had it for 17 years until the gearbox went - a 2nd hand replacement cost more than the car did so i sadly had to send it to the scrappers for recycling, and then bought a ford which i quickly got rid off because it was rubbish then bought another golf - i have had more golfs then any other car - i just love them they normally (fingers x'd) run for ever - i am hoping to get the same amount of years of this one even though it is 2nd hand.

Andy_Walker
Posted

Andrew S....I just remembered that somewhere on my parents' property is a 1950's VW Beetle that has been hidden under a tarpaulin and a pile of other junk for about 40 years. The motor is roughly as complicated as a sewing machine, so maybe I should resurrect and restore it.....

I think it was my Mom's first car and is, from memory, a horrible orange colour.

That could be a fun project!

JJ_NN
Posted

i am from Holland, so mostly i am looking for european cars

my favorite car i have had was Citroen XM, i loved the car.

now i am driving a Ford Mondeo, station car. i am not fond of it.

VIVE LA FRANCE AND CITROEN XM ,

JJ_NN
Posted

LOL

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Andy I would say yes get it out and restore it...If for nothing esle just because it was your moms car...
@Andrew I see you love your VW Golf souds like you had some good ones..
@Mark of course the 65 mustang was the car but what about the 57 Chev....My frist car was a 72 Ply Duster...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Sorry forgot the Bently..They do look good...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

How about the old Brit taxi cabs....

Posted

I have always loved Cadillacs.

Posted

What about BMW

JJ_NN
Posted

but.........in principal, i want a car that drives as soon as i have started the vehicle...................after all that is the most important thing about cars,don't you think so?

Posted

I love BMWs my first car when
I started to frive was a BMW 2002, Now I have a BMW 750

Posted

When is the final decision going to be made on what to call the Group

Andrew_Sykes
Posted

sure did - i have tried different makes of car but the VW has always been my favorite - it is comfortable - speedy (though I do not break the speed limit - much) - not that expensive to keep on the road and keeps going and going - not like some of the other cars i have had - wish could have tried chevys and stuff but not available over here.

Andrew_Sykes
Posted

Call it the CAR GROUP FAVORITES