Ryan_Bistarkey

Pray Away the Gay? - Gay Guys! <3

Ryan_Bistarkey
Posted

So, this seems to be a hot topic in the media at the moment, and within the past few years. I have provided some links below in case you are unfamiliar with the topic. Let me hear your thoughts and reactions about this.

TIME - '98:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,988807,00.html

ABC News Video:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/michele-bachmann-exclusive-pray-gay-candidates-clinic/story?id=14048691

Heebie999
Posted

These types of "ministries" are dangerous, and lead people to suicide.. instead of leading them somewhere useful.

Posted

Its repression on a mass scale - thats what i think...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

sounds alot like united penticostel church

Heebie999
Posted

Repression, denial, and self-loathing.. quite a trifecta. :/

Robert_Connors
Posted

friggin messed up he should look in the mirror and judge his self before judging others and as far as praying away being gay what an idiot I have had a hard time my dad beet the shit out of me becouse of it and left home @ 16 it took me until I was 21 before I let myself be me good group discusion

Posted

Yep Robert i totally agree, one hell of an Idiot.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i agree 100 %

Dave_Mack
Posted

Let's make this simple. God loves us all. We are His children. We are Gay because he made us that way! Did it ever occurr to anyone that maybe, just maybe we are gay as a way to control overpopulation?

As for scripture don't take a few obscure passages out of context and use them as fact. So much has been mistranslated and retranslated to suit peoples agendas that its just sad. God loves is as we who, as Who we are in spite of ourselves. Enuf said?

Janian_Nenanivik
Posted

ohh boy !! could go on about this subject! I tried the whole pray way thegay thing . god's answer? a big huge NOOOO!!! I almost commit suicide over it. I know so many christians living in denial of repressed feelings who teel the church how god has " healed " them , or who just hide in fear of anyone findind out their true feelings. Of course thre those who chose to come out and try to still be christians, and then get crusified for it! come on people, lets' give it up! population control? no disasters. and man's constant need for war does that enough. no , I think God made us gay becuase he just likes different beautifull expressions of love, diversity ,and culture . he's an artist after all isn't he? This whole idea is based on antiquated philosophy and thuoghts from a way less educated , and enlightened time

Dave_Mack
Posted

I think you put said it very well Janian. God IS love. He doesn't make JUNK!..

Ryan_Bistarkey
Posted

Janian, I am so sorry that you had to experience such things. Agreed, that God is LOVE.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

john the oposal was gay so god loves every one else

Robert_Connors
Posted

so true guys god dos love each and everyone no matter after al we are made in his image

Randy_Martin
Posted

Can the straight be prayed away?

Janian_Nenanivik
Posted

dont worry about it ryan , Im good now. life is firecely fantastic though not every thing is yet in the dreams comming true stage but things may be getting there. GOD bless you guys!