Ryan_Bistarkey

Pray Away the Gay? - The Gay Christian Network

Ryan_Bistarkey
Posted

So, this seems to be a hot topic in the media at the moment, and within the past few years. I have provided some links below in case you are unfamiliar with the topic. Let me hear your thoughts and reactions about this.

TIME - '98:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,988807,00.html

ABC News Video:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/michele-bachmann-exclusive-pray-gay-candidates-clinic/story?id=14048691

Posted

As they say, been there-done that, and what I found out that it is not only counterproductive, and in many cases, self destructive, to fight, deny, hate, a precious part of you, that God gave you as a "Gift", so that people of ill will that hate, may come to understand that: "God is love." ( 1 John 4:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.)and that "Love covers a multitude of sins"1 Peter 4:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." and that "her sins are forgiven for she hath love much" Luke 7:47
New International Version (©1984)
Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."
Sometimes, it is better to accept where you are at then to ask the how and why, I am this way, and believe in the love and Resurrection of Jesus.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
1 Corinthians 13:13
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Thessalonians 1:3 We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hebrews 6:19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,
New International Version ©1984 by Biblica

Ok, enough of the heavy stuff now for some fun!

Same truth told in different ways

http://youtu.be/PcjnbIF1yAA

I hope ya like!

Love; In Him Always; Anthony of Portsmouth +++++++++++++++++

Posted

Ryan, like most gays, we are familiar with the Religious Reich and others attempt to change God's creation. We can all pick the Bible apart to prove just about anything you want.

I have too many friends who have either gone through this treatment, or threatened with this action. As the results show, they fail in most cases. Why it works in some, I do not know, but I have a feeling they were possibly not gay to begin with OR they have gone back into the closet.

I fought my feelings for too many years. Prayed for God to take this curse away from me, but until I accepted myself as a creation of the Creator, I was miserable. Now, I have peace and am happier than ever before. The last half of my life has been better than the first half.

We are made in His/Her image (covering all bases) and my God does not make any junk.

Love from Pensacola,
Patrick

Dave_John_41664
Posted

cant believe this is still an issue....soooooooooo last season......The world stands on the edge of a spiritual awakening and revival....its kicking off al over the place ....far more exciting....i think the church should wake up to what God is doing...let the fire fall !!