Gilkon

Sacrificing/Committing Suicide? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

A better explanation of the question is:

Is it worth sacrificing/committing suicide this life (either good or bad) for a better life in the next?

This basically has been on my mind lately with all the gay movies that I have been watching, and in one movie, the main character committed suicide because his mother couldn't accept having a gay son. Now the mother is a heavy Christian and believes that being a "homosexual" is a sin, which is unforgivable by God and cannot be granted passage into the Gates of Heaven. The mother tries furiously to cure him of this sin, but instead gets him killed because of her own ignorance. She regrets having doing this to her own son and becomes a supporter of the gay pride community.

So what are your thoughts on this question?

P.S: The movie that I am referring to is called Prayers for Bobby. Which in my opinion is a great movie for people who want to know what exactly goes through a gay persons' mind when they are struggling to come out or have come out to their family. I believe it is a must see film.

Paul_Clevett
Posted

No its not.

It gets better buddy if you want to talk please Add me as a friend.

I've been through it. God doesn't condemn us.

Paul

Posted

Great Subject, My answer is no it is not worth it, i was brought up with a strict religion which condem's gay's. I still follow my Religion but i really believe in an All Loving God.

Posted

Well first of all - depends if your religious, in my cause i'm more of an agnostic. 2nd of all i don't think life is worth taking unless if its for the life of another, maybe your love.e.g taking a bullet or whatever, sacrifice?
U haven't seen this film but i like the action of the mother, the fact she actually changed due to her own mistakes. It might be too late to regret but most importantly she did.... There could have always been that chance she wouldn't...
However again, i personally think we experience just to condition ourselves. Therefore making us more strong minded, wise etc.
Personally i've been through a fair bit but like its made me into a better person getting over them...

Posted

Okay, I have got a lot of replies and inbox messages saying their life story which included that it isn't worth killing yourself and that life is worth living.

Please note guys that I am not planning to kill myself in any way, shape or form possible. I was just wondering if it ever came across your mind and/or did you ever ask yourself this question. Even though your stories were touching and I was heartfelt, but to be blunt (and I don't mean to be rude), it was a waste of time and brain power. Sorry to say it like that.

Thanks. Arron

Posted

@Chun Yin Au-Yeung

Yes I have seen the film. I've seen it twice in the past week. And every time that I watched it, I had to grab a box of tissues. It was really a heartfelt movie to watch.

Ken_Nichols
Posted

one of the best films

Posted

NOOOO i wasn't meant to put that!!! Bloody damn spell check!!! :O
I was meant to put 'I' haven't seen it... I think LOL

Posted

Oh...well then. Thats understandable. Well either way you must see it. But make sure you have a box of tissues, because it will make you cry. Trust me on that.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

suicide is not an answer to all lifes problems. movies and music that says suicide is cool are giveing out the wrong message

Posted

Haha i'll bare that in mind, I'm made out of rock when it comes to sad films. Never cried at one : /

Neil_Hilde
Posted

As someone who has lived with depression, sometimes rather severe, yes, I can honestly say that it has crossed my mind.

I keep waiting for, and flat out trying to make things better, but.. Still waiting. LOL

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Neil I know you have heard this alot but hang in there and things will get better....

As far as seethe movie I have and yes it is sad to say that there are familys out there that would act the same way as the mom did...In my life when I was young I thought and try to take my life...It is not worth it...The problems are still there...But I do give the mom points for try to do better she was just to late...There are to many young teens that want to or do take there life and as someone older I have work with some in the LGBT world...This is also why I started the group Teens Who Need To Talk on here...

We as adults need to make sure that we talk to our gay teens when they are down and show them the help they can get...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Just one more thing @Aaron when you bring up a tropis like this you will get lots of mail asking you if you need help...Because there are alot of us that like to help and here to talk to you or anyone else that need help...If I would have read this before you post about getting the letters I too would have wrote you to make sure everything was ok...

This is a great tropic and I hope that we can keep talking about it becaause it just might help our young teens who are here in the group...Thank you Aaron...

Posted

No it isn't. I have been real close a couple of years ago, and then again in last few weeks, I actually bought loads of paracetamol tablets and hid them in my bedroom. Then right out of blue somebody gets in touch through Gays.com and got me through a real bad patch and helped me ti feel good about myself again, so no don't ever think it is worth killing yourself.

Posted

Michael I thought you wanted "our young teens" blocked from the site if they are under 16 or under 18, depending on where they live??

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Please read my post after you...I didn't mean to kick off...I ment not to allow in groups that is not right for them...

Posted

I have read it and said thanks Michael

Randy_Martin
Posted

Anytime, but especially when young, we fear bucking the social & religious system in place here. Living life by someone else's opinion sucks - and not in the good way. 8D

Dave_Mack
Posted

Prayers For Bobby was done here in the US in the 1990's and was on CBS TV, I thought I had on TAPE but its is one of the few gay Themed movies I dont have but I think it may be on video. I strongly urge everyone to see it. Also another movie form the 1980s called "Welcome Home Bobby" about a gay teen who'se dad throws him out and what happens later. Very good.
Thru the years there have been many gay themed movies.. Trouble is they don't reach the audiance they should reach, the homophobes who think anything showing us in a positive light is bad..

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

every once in a while it is on lifetime here in the usa

Ryan_Bistarkey
Posted

I am tearing up right now. I have been to the point of trying to hurt myself because of how my life is viewed by society. I know how it feels, or the lack of feeling in the dark and twisty moments. I pray that God gives me strength and patience. I do know that life is never worth giving up. I look at it this way, if being gay prevents a person from entering into heaven, like Bobby's mother beleives, so doe suicide. Also, think of all the people you leave behind. Suicide is selfish. It does get better.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

amen Ryan