Kevin_Chann

I Know This Sounds Stupid, But.. - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

I have no idea how to make friends on this site.. Like.. At all, haha!
Though I've had this account for like.. A while now, I still don't exactly know what to do, like.. Not a lot of people really.. Grabs my interest, haha! I'm not picky, & for friends, my standards are REALLY low.. But a lot of people don't fit them! Don't get me wrong, not trying to insult anybody, it's just.. I have no idea how to really put myself out there! [[ Not meant to sound dirty, sorry if it did, lmao! ]]

Posted

Personally i agree with you, a lot of people are here for 'potential' then possible settle for friendship after that - by that point they barely chat!! I've actually met 2 guys of here and now regularly/occasionally meet up, we're pretty good mates if you ask me! But to do that you need guys of the same city... Which they're not much of!
I don't think this site does much to 'get you out there', don't know about you but im really here just to make friends in the same city so we can actually hang out...

Posted

Kevin, it doesn't sound stupid at all! Just this morning I had a gays.com community meeting to find out ways we can get you all to be more involved. one idea would be to have someone "meet and greet" you when you join. but ...hmmm, you said you've been here for a while, so what to do?

I had other members say the same thing and I recommended that they get more involved with the different groups...and I see you belong to a few. When I joined (before becoming community manager), no one accepted my friends request, it was only when I let my "voice" be heard in groups that I started to notice people friend requesting me! So my advice to you, whilst the Gays.com team finding some pratical ways to get you all connected to each other, is to get in the groups and get vocal!

Let me know if you have any suggestions for us to help you get more connected with others.
:0)

Posted

Tara, I think you've hit the nail right on the head. Once you start getting involved in the groups, you get noticed. The friend requests will come after that. Everything takes times.

@Kevin...try introducing yourself in the groups (somewhat like you just did here). I think you'll see that people will take an interest. Good luck.

Robert_Connors
Posted

yes agree with everyone get involed with the different groups I have meet alot of cool guys and a couple I have gotin close to no sex yet though :-(

Posted

@Andrew. Seriously? Not good. Please let me know if this happens, you just have to send me an inbox to point me in the direction of the group where this is happening. We don't accept any type of disrepectful behaviour which degrades the quality of the discussions or member's experiences here on gays.com. I'll treat all such messages as strictly confidential.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i am here to make new friends. that is why i get involved with the discussions. how do i get to know any one if i dont participate?

Posted

I am also here to make friends. William

Posted

Hi Kevin nice 2 meet u, well i hav met lot's of friend's on this site more than any other, And yeh u will find the odd crazy here (lol) just like any other site, but really u will find 99.9% of the ppl here are great friend's. Hope u enjoy

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

well said Richard

Robert_Connors
Posted

yes we have a freindship amoung all of us and that is a good thing :-)

Posted

friendship and reality are totally different..its just virtual world here,,ive not found many trying to make frends here with me,,just abuse now n again,,yes im like a dog with a bone n wont let it go..rather dissappointing i think here..

Robert_Connors
Posted

Andrew I have met a few guys that Ihave gotin close to and still have a relationship with even though we have never met so as far as freinds it's ok for me

Posted

Andrew...to me a friendship takes a long time to develop. It starts with mutual interests and eventually becomes trust. I personally don't believe that physical contact is a requirement to have a good friendship; therefore I can find friendship in forums like this. Yes, it is a virtual world; but any on line forum us a virtual world. It's your definition of friendship, not the means by which you make friends that matters.

I've been in a lot of chat rooms and forums like this one. I've put up with abuse, name calling, guys looking for cyber sex only and if you don't give it to them they stop the chats and ignore you, drama queens playing a roll, and absolute pigs that I couldn't stand. But.....in my live outside of the forums, I've had pretty much the exact same things happen. Some people are just plain ignorant and cruel. It doesn't matter if it's on line or in your every day life. The thing is.... I found the ability to look past these people and not let them bother me. I actually feel sorry for people like that.

Keep your chin up. There will always be those who are angry with the world and want to take it out on others. But.....just like you can never tell when the right guy for you is going to come along, you also never know when a best friend is just a chat away.

Posted

yes i know it does.. craig.....i just dont like the virtual world asi just hear b**l s** t off most...

Posted

robert,,u already in a relationship?
frendship in virtual world as one nvr meets and most say lots of things they dont mean or wud not say face to face..i wudnt b on here if i was in a relatipnship,,lol

Robert_Connors
Posted

no andrew I am not I am just recentely seperated not a good thing guy and a couple of guys I have been chating with are real no bull shit no games because they have been there and done that like me and one of them moved away and we still chat or text and I still hope to meet with him couse I can

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Andrew I am in LTR for 23 years and I still like meeting friends on here..Again I will call me self out that yes I did tell you to shut up and leave the group and again like I said in my messages to you I am sorry for saying that..Not everyone on here is out to piss people off and I know that there has been some hard discussion and people getting abusive to each other..I for one will not let myself do that again..

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Kevin sorry forgot to wish you a good welcome here and T was right that you can get to know more people if you talk more in groups...You can add me as a friend if you like too....

Posted

Ahh, alrighty, I see.. I had no idea it was really as simple as introducing myself in groups, haha! Thank you, everybody!

Posted

thanx micheal n robert,,ive been in a relationship which involved my partner dying 10yrs ago...so i know wat its like,,my best frend died 3yrs ago..so im alone again...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Andrew you are never alone because we are here for you...We can listen and only try to help...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i was in a relationship where my partner shot himself in front of me because the meth monsters was triing to get him how sad.

Posted

Guys...you are making me weepy on this saturday afternoon (yeah, I'm such a "girl" when I'm dealing with a hangover!) I'm sorry to hear about your losses and the way you lost your loved ones. I'm also very happy to hear the love in this group...it's great when you can apologise for your mistakes, outbursts, etc....and even greater when forgiveness is given.
@Kevin, yep...it is that simple! Spread the word to other new comers.
Have a great saturday, everyone (as I snuggle down into my sofa) :0)