Robert_Hill_54728

what i would really like to know (selfishly ) is..... - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

now that ive built my website, submitted it to loads of search engines
that no one seems to be interested in it... ???
I only wanted ti fill it with the most gorgeous gay guy's pictures on the net??
maybe someone on here has some ideas how to help me.??
should i just give up ??

see http://loadsagays.webplus.net/

i also wanted to see how to run a big website...thought it would be interesting ??

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i just signed up for it my friend

Heebie999
Posted

I work in the hosting industry.. and have a critique below.
If you're looking for an honest critique from someone who deals with websites all the time, and you are NOT easily offended.. then please read.
If you're sensitive.. don't. I'm a "brutally honest" person.. it's just my way.. and my objective isn't to hurt anyone's feeling, but to give an honest opinion that will hopefully help you shape your efforts going forward.

I took a quick peek..and there's nothing there that really grabs my attention.

The photo on the front page is poorly photoshopped and the color is off. He looks like he's probably a cute blonde..but his hair is greenish-yellow. His eye is coloured a very artificial-blue, and the picture is upsampled from one that is pretty small, so the resolution is quite low. His lips are drastically overexposed, so there's no detail.. they're kind of a big blob of pink, and it's apparent that the color of his eye, his lips, and the ring around his eyes of the mask, have been artificially "enhanced".. and taken too far, to the point where they look garish and overstated.. making them very distracting from what looks to be a truly handsome young man. The mask itself takes away a lot as well.. and I'm not sure if it's photoshopped in over his face, or if he was wearing it. Some parts of it blend smoothly, and others no to much.. and the mask almost looks 2-dimensional, like an overlay.

The squirt.org tag is stretched to fit the square ad space, so the guys aren't in the correct proportions (they look short & squished)

Most of all though.. there isn't any introductory content on the opening page. You have to look at the page's source code to find out that the purpose of the page is to let people who think they're good looking upload their photos (misspelled "foto" in the source code, although having "foto" and "photo" and "photograph" is probably important in the meta-tagging if you actually want search-engines to rank you on searches for each of those.) You also have to register, apparently, before you can see anything other than the opening page.

You definitely need some meaningful content on the front.

Another bit, is that you don't have a memorable domain-name. You're using a sub-domain of "webplus.net" who, I'm guessing, are a hosting company of some sort. You should look to find a unique and memorable domain-name. (although. that's not going to be easy to do in this day & age If you like "loadsagays".. it's currently available as a .com, .org or .net domain (i.e., www.loadsagays.com)

You wonder what it would be like to run a "big" website.. I will say this.. if it takes less than six separate servers to serve the site.. it's teeny-weeny and itsy-bitsy. (six being primary and backup each of file servers, database servers, and web servers.. each of those can be a "cloud" server or other virtual server as well, however.)

I can tell you that administering the hardware to run a "big" website can be interesting..and sometimes even fun.. except when something goes wrong. Then it's a nightmare.. and you need to call in people like me.

I didn't look in-depth enough to tell you if your graphics files are properly optimised and such, nor if the program code underneath is well-optimised, or if there is any cacheing going on. Those things you can check with Google Pagespeed: http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/

Good luck!

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

all i had seen was kids on there

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i am haveing problems joining. i joined then i went to sign in and now i can not sign in. whats up to that??

JJ_NN
Posted

i have the same problem

Posted

yep same here, it say's my e-mail is all ready in use on ur site,so it wont accept my password ????????

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

guys it takes a long time before it reconises that you had join before it will allow you to sign in. plus you afto cut and paste the web site once it send you an e-mail stateing to varify your e-mail address. it took me along time before i got it

Posted

your password has not been activated thats all..which i will do now..
thx Todd Herbert...im actually very grateful to you for your reply,,and found it very useful...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Thx I will look into it and see what you have done...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

your welcome and good luck with it...