Jony_Star

This Is Exactly What I Mean... - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

ok...you see this is exactly what i mean...some of us are strong enough to brush off things said to us on this site...others are really hot tempered & say stupid things...and well others are really vulnerable...and well can't take it...therefore choose to leave the site...i mean seriously what do you get out of making somebody feel bad???...i mean aside from looking like a total asshole & insensitive jerk...you don't have anything going for you...1st it was Richard who temporarily left the site because some guy said something about his boyfriend...and now we have Dean saying he's going to leave because people have made him feel bad...as i said people have the right to say what they like ...but there is a thing as going too far...and i have to admit...things have gone too far on this site...i think some apologies are in order...let's learn to not go too far when it comes to commenting about people's lives...keep in mind we don't know people very well on here to be saying anything...so be careful what you say & don't ever judge...judging people, making assumptions...this is all overrated...try listening & keeping in an open mind...and if you don't like it...turn away from the conversation & keep your 2 cents two yourself...because the last thing we need to read is ignorant & rude comments...thank you for your time & cooperation...good day to you all...

Robert_Connors
Posted

thank u Jony I couldn't have said it better :-)

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

We can post this many different ways but if the guys who do the talking don't change the way they speak in discussion then its going to happen again and again I am sorry to say....

Dave_Mack
Posted

Too many people are taking to heart what is said on the site. Do we want someone to perhaps take their ownlife over an insensative post? People need to THINK before they post.

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ Michael and as u say it will happen again and again and thats the sorry part about all of it I myself like to chat about good things instead of attacking others life is too short to do all this bull

Posted

well that may be true...we will never be able to rid ourselves of such comments...but well i happen to notice a small change once i posted my last discussion...and well i'm sure this won't be the last time i have to post this...but i will post it & re-post as many times necessary...so i do apologize if i begin to sound like a broken record...lol...but well it does make me a little upset that people aren't feeling comfortable anymore in this group...and well the last thing we need is to feel afraid of stating our opinions because we're gonna get attacked or be judged...there are many things we can't tell about a person...so why not learn things without criticizing???...debates are a different thing in this group...of course we're all gonna have different beliefs, thoughts, opinions, & etc...and i'm sure we're all old enough to understand that as unique people that we are...we can all co-exist...there are a lot of things that i may think are wrong...but times have changed & so have people...everything is not as plain black and white as it was before...we should defintely keep an open mind...and keep our judgements to ourselves...because there's no need to make people feel uncomfortable with themselves...

Dakota_Lockhart
Posted

I agree, Jony.
Jony, you always know how to try your hardest and yet never let quitting be a part of your vocabulary. Well done.

Posted

It's difficult Jony when you have a diverse group of people. It takes a lot of patience and understanding, both ways. A lot of factors get involved when people discuss things in forums like this....beliefs, pride, up bringing, social status, age, etc. I'm certainly not defending name calling or that such. I'm just being patient with those who do it as I'm patient with those who become upset over it. You made a lot of valid point and hopefully people will take it to heart.

Dave_Mack
Posted

Hey Jony Here's wishing you a nice vacation. I for one will miss you. Don't forget us.. Please do what you can to log in and let us know you are alive and well whenever you can...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Oh JOny don't forget to take lots of pic so we can see how much fun you had....

Posted

well as i said some people can take it & brush it off...& others unfortunately can't...i'm one that usually brushes it off...and i've decided to speak out because there's been a bit of chaos lately in this group...and i don't know if you notice but if affects everyone on here...obviously to the point where people are leaving the site...and well i for one would like to have as many people as possible...we're supposed to be a growing community...people come on here for various reasons...and when they seek help...it obiviously helps to be honest...if you disagree gently disagree...or simply agree to disagree...sure people who refuse to listen make you feel like you've wasted your time...but i assure you that you haven't...other people who read & catch up on the discussion will read it & notice it...because these discussions are not only for the person who started the discussion...but for other people as well...and what one person may not understand...there might be one who does...but the verbal abuse really does have to stop...because it gets us nowhere...and we should all be a little too old for name calling & such...i said it once & i'll say it again...some people like to think of themselves as adults...but when you start acting childish...you're definitely looking like a little brat...and for the people who read this & probably think who does this kid thinks he is???...& to answer your question...to you i'm nobody & probably speaking out of ass...so you don't have to worry about listen to silly old me because you're going to do whatever you want...but to the people who actually do listen & understand...i thank you for reading & actually understanding what i'm trying to say...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i agree with you whole heartedly Jony. i like to brush it off. if i have a problem, i will write the guy that had posted whatever that made me up set and start asking question. in a couple of discussions i did not do that and i would like to say i am sorry for that now. to those that i had chatted with, again i am sorry

Posted

Mind you there are some pretty strange characters on here...!
I'd say to ignore them, if you get a real nutter, well the forthcoming block button should help!

If you think somebody is seriously out of line report them, in fact you are doing everyone a favour by doing so. I've seen off 4 scammers now!

Posted

Never a true word said good on you mate.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i agree. if any one wanna see bad comments all you have to do is go to the discussion "rickie". i did not go into details to much but i did say to each thier own

Posted

Been there and read them Homer. I think it would have been nice if someone simply pointed out the group description and politely asked him to delete his topic as it isn't really what this group is about.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

yea i know

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Let me ask if this group is call gay guys

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

yes I have read what Rickie wrote and I comment there too...

Posted

MIchael...I'm not really sure what this group is all about. If you read the description, it's a little open to interpretation and it also asked to keep it PG-13? It's a bit confusing. Maybe an update is in order just to be sure the ground rules are in place.

Robert_Connors
Posted

thank u Michael :-)

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

You are welcome Robert..Now its time for me to go and sit on the side line...

Robert_Connors
Posted

Michael U don't need to do that :-(