GOD - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

Why do christians maintain that God is omnipotent, just and fair. He is not. Why should one drunk driver kill somebodys child? Another kill himself? A third get home safely? When things are good he is an ever present help. When the chips are down he is not available and cry out for help the door is shut and bolted and the 'No Entry' Sign is displayed. God is neither fair or just and he discriminates in who he chooses to help. I can anticipate he responses they will be the obvious ones. This does not necessarily make them a better person, it can have the opposite effect. Therefore God is selective in choosing those who receive his mercy, compassion and help and THAT IS BOGUS. If anybody believes that god is at work surreptitiously and imperceptibly and surely then they deserve a well aimed brick heaved at them.

oopster
Posted

As a Christian, I can only say, shit happens. We don't have all the answers, and might never have them. You can either say that things happen for a reason, or there's no reason for anything.

To be a good Christian is to be Christ-like, you don't have to go to church, to pray or anything, all you have to do is be a good person, and treat others the way you'd like to be treated yourself.

Secelia_Henderson
Posted

To be a Christian does not mean treating others the way you want to be treated, although we should. To be a Christian you must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died for your sins. You must believe you are a sinner that needs saving.

@ John. The devil is at work in this world. It does not mean God does not exist or is not a compassionate caring God. Everything is not always going to be roses in our lives, yet I know He has my back. Scripture says it rains on the just and the unjust, just as the sun shines on the just and the unjust. I have faith in God's Word that He is who He says He is.

oopster
Posted

please re-read what I wrote Secelia, I said to be a good christian, you should aim to be Christ-like, which none of can do, but all of us should strive to do.

Secelia_Henderson
Posted

I was just trying to clarify that it means much more than being a good person and treating others the way we want to be treated. That's all.

Karen_Bacon
Posted

Wow John you re understanding of GOD is twisted... Maybe you should give him a chance and LISTEN not only with your ears but with your HEART... God doesnt pick and choose anything he gave us Free will.. We as human beings are the ones who pick and choose

Ryan_Bistarkey
Posted

I am not sure I will ever understand why things happent the way they do. I think God provides challenges to see if one will still love him even after something horrible has happened. That is true love and faith. God has a plan and I have to trust in it.

oopster
Posted

The way I see it, you can't choose your sexuality, but you can choose how you treat people because of their sexuality.

Susan_Duviella
Posted

My following responses are simply based on what I believe to be true based on my relationship with the Lord. I do not profess to have all the answers; I would be a liar to suggest that I would. No one can ever say in all honesty that he/she knows and understands everything about the Lord; it’s just not possible because we are only human and, compared to the knowledge and wisdom of God, ours is minute.

“Why do christians maintain that God is omnipotent, just and fair. He is not. Why should one drunk driver kill somebodys child? Another kill himself? A third get home safely?” – As a Christian, I do maintain that God is omnipotent as well as omnipresent, and omniscient. I also agree that the enemy has his hand in many of the bad things that happen in our lives. I also believe that sometimes, things just happen whether they are good or bad; sometimes, nothing happens at all.
The drunk driver that kills someone’s child is not a reflection [in my opinion] on God’s awesome power, justice, or righteousness. The situation is a reflection on the poor idiotic decision making of the driver who chose to get behind the wheel of a car after drinking. The child who was killed because of it is a tragic and heart aching consequence of the drivers actions and the driver alone is at fault; not God. The one who kills himself is the result [again my opinion] of great depression and the feeling that there is no reason to continue living in this world. He/she is at a horrible place where death appears to be the only option out of whatever hurt is there. Again, not God’s fault. As for the one who made it home safely, well, that person had a good day because each day is never promised to us. Sometimes things happen, sometimes they don’t.

“When things are good he is an ever present help. When the chips are down he is not available and cry out for help the door is shut and bolted and the 'No Entry' Sign is displayed. God is neither fair or just and he discriminates in who he chooses to help”. I agree that all is well with God when things in life are going great. Is it an ever present help? I don’t think so because one doesn’t need help when all is well and many times we tend to forget that God is around when things are going great. When the chips are down we expect God to just jump right in and help us. Forget about the times we say His name in vein; forget about the times we walked away from someone who needed our help because we didn’t want to get involved; forget about the fact that we have a bible somewhere in the house collecting dust; forget that we don’t thank Him for the good days; the days that we get home safely. Forget that we don’t thank Him when we get that promotion, that new car, that extra cash we weren’t expecting or that kind word from someone who lifted up our spirits. Forget about the part we play, or lack thereof. Let’s just question God and blame God when the chips are down.

“I can anticipate he responses they will be the obvious ones. This does not necessarily make them a better person, it can have the opposite effect. Therefore God is selective in choosing those who receive his mercy, compassion and help and THAT IS BOGUS. If anybody believes that god is at work surreptitiously and imperceptibly and surely then they deserve a well aimed brick heaved at them.”
Again – my opinion; I don’t believe God picks and chooses who will receive mercy. I believe that we have to decide if we want to accept the mercy, compassion and help that He has to offer. A gift is offered and it is up to the recipient to accept it. God will not force a gift down anyone’s throat. He offers it with love and leaves it up to us to accept it or not.

I don’t believe that there is a right or wrong response to the comments and questions provided. Just responses based on ones’ own beliefs and experiences. Thanks for the opportunity to share mine.

Posted

@j. Knight

It sounds as though you have gone through something very tragic and felt God left you alone. May I pray for you?

Posted

Yes Please.Don't want to go into detail but you are correct. I am now left with a life which is a total non-event. The pain is still there after nearly 2 years and will not go away. Pherhaps intercessory prayer might help. John

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@John I have read all that was said here...Even when you wrote it I felt that something was wrrong and started praying for you..I will keep praying for you..If you do need to talk you can always write me here...I am so sorry for what happen and I ask God here and now touch his heart and mind and take away his pain father...Amen

Posted

Ok, you have a good point and alot of it can make sense, but when you said you were gonna heave a brick at people who don't believe what you said, i think this is very wrong to scare someone into believing what you do.

Karen_Bacon
Posted

John I totally get the pain about something horrible happening and it carrying on for years fterwards I too am dealin with certain issues in my life to this day, that maybe should be lng sense gone, but they are not..I cant say I know exactly whats going on but i do know about the not being able to let go part of it

Posted

Being raise in the church all my life, I am still having difficulty dealing with my attraction to men. Anyone care to comment.

Posted

So Dean your saying it's a sin to like men, thats bull and why couldn't he just wipe out all the bad people instead of sacrificing his son and surely he died for the sins of the previous time before his death and how does that save us, like saying that someone with a good heart whos never did anything wrong well anything exceptionally wrong, cos everyone makes mistake and comparing a person like that to a rapist and a murderer and saying they are the same, i don't think so, otherwise y doesn't the normal person go and murder ppl if thats the case, so silly, it all seems to contradict itself and it's annoying and it does not make any sense it's like saying: "different coloured stones can't be the same", which can be interpreted by anyone as anything and man twists things, the only thing we now for sure are the 10 commandments, oh boyz lol x

Posted

wow!....all I can say is I can't live without God. I don't have all the answers, and I don't why God do certain things, but as I grow and mature in Christ, I don't need all the answers to be convinced that there is a God and He is Love. We are all at different stages in our relationship with God. One view doesn't de-value the other.
Maybe we should all be more sympathetic, patient, understanding towards one another. To understand doesn't necessary means we have to agree. And if we don't agree doesn't necessary means we need to be enemies.

oopster
Posted

@Lee - If all of us we're like Dean, life would be so much easier, because it would be all black and white, as opposed to the reality of different shades of grey.

If you look at any of the passages that are given as examples to say being gay is wrong, it's all down to interpretation, my favourite one is where it is "man shall not sleep with man as he does with woman", well think about it in simply a mechanical way, it's not possible if we're talking about the act of sex, but it doesn't say two men can't sleep together, it just says, you can't / shouldn't sleep together in the same way as a man and woman do, which is impossible anyway.

Posted

well if everything where black and white things wouldn't be that great, the shades of grey are there for a reason and if everyone were like "Dean" (or any one person, not singling u out), then life would be very boring if everyone were the same, it wouldn't work at all, people are the way they are for a reason. People who are "black and white" as you say have a one stroke mind and see things from one point of view, thats why there is so much racism, homophobia, bullying and so on through out this world. And where exactly does it say that verse Sarah?? and if so then it clearly means that two men or two women cannot be together and there fore i would reject the bible as words of man and not the word of God because God would of made us all perfect if that was so, he did this for a reason a plan, not a mistake............ I'm not saying that people aren't aloud opinion because it would be an aweful place if people can't express how they feel and i would never deny anyone that right it's when those opinions find targets and become hurtful is when it should be stopped,

x

oopster
Posted

I don't know where it says it Lee, but it's something the bigots often dig out. My point was, it didn't say it was wrong for two men or two women to sleep together, it was saying it was wrong for two men (the bible seems to ignore lesbians) to sleep together as man and woman would, now, if two men tried that, it would be same parts trying to do things to same parts, which wouldn't get anyone anywhere.

Brett_Alan_Spencer
Posted

Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." So what the heck does this exactly mean?!!! Who knows because there are as many different interpretations as there are people! Apparently many choose to interpret this as gay sex. I do not.

Leviticus is where a lot of anti-gay Christians get a lot of their material and by default put themselves into the role of a hypocrite by not following all the rules themselves. If they were to follow the entire book themselves, here is a shining example of hypocrisy : Leviticus 18:19 "You shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness while she is in her menstrual uncleanliness." Loosely interpreted, "don't have sex with a woman while she's on her period." Do you really think all anti-gay Christians practice this? Seriously?

This is why I say If you read Leviticus, I caution anyone not to take it too literally- it will mess you up for life because some of the stuff in there is, um, well really weird by today's interpretations.

Keep in mind folks, the bible is interpretive, has been rewritten numerous times interpreted into numerous different languages- by human beings.

Blessings :-)

Posted

My interpretation of that Sarah is that it says it's ok for girls to love, but not for guys and if thats the case it makes me feel like tying a rope round my kneck if it wasn't supposed to be yet another sin against god i can't win...

Posted

Brett i just want to do the right thing, i just want to love who i love, not talking about lust, Love, i don't wanna be condammed to hell, but maybe i will because of who i love, but i can't change the way God made me