A female in ya midst... - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Hahaha, loved the discussion about female friends. So you think some females wouldn't be able to handle the honesty? Well this woman doesn't expect anything less!

Hey all :0)

I have to confess, that since I started working at Gays.com I've not hung out with you guys! So I wanna not only hear about your "truths" as they relate to you and lives...but also wanna hear about some ways we can improve our community.

I know, I know we have the support & feedback group...love it, keep your opinions coming...but...as you're all here in one sport, thought I'd throw this out here.

So here's the thing, I would like for every new member to feel welcomed in Gays.com regardless whether they are male, female or MTF, FTM or other. I don't just mean our standard welcome email...I mean they're generic, right? I'm talking about...like when you go to a party...and you don't know anyone...how would you like to be approached/treated (and don't tell me you'd like the hottest guy in the place to come and snog ya face off!) hehehe

So tell me, what do you think we could do? I'm thinking of having some way that when a new member joins, they're pointed in the right direction to groups, friends, events, etc. by existing members...

Okay...gonna shut up for a bit. :0) Let me know your thoughts and "hit me" with ya honesty

GEUA258
Posted

what you waNT

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

ha ha ha i guess i put my big foot in my mouth again lol. sorry about that Tara. i am glad i did not say any thing sexual or you would of kicked my butt lol. yea i will agree to have females join our chat sessions now.

Posted

of course that's a great idea...new members often don't know where to go or do...i mean you explore the site little by little...you get the hang of it...but pointed in the certain direction can also be helpful...also...i've started a discussion on the feedback group about a block button for this site...many people on here have unfortunately met rude people who just like to harass other people for no reason...i feel that reporting someone & getting them banned from the site is no longer enough...because they can just sign back up & continue to harass people...sure we have the choice to ignore them...but some people can be persistent...& a great solution would be a block button...i really hope the gays.com staff really takes this into consideration...because i'm sure being able to block will enable us to feel more safe & comfortable...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

you go Jony

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

I am with you Tara about pointing new members plces to go for different discussion or help...Like I tell all my friends I am there for them anytime and if I can help I will try.Love the New Idea....Lets work on it together guys and Girls...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

okay Micheal, lets give it the american try

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

I ask now for everyone to tell there friends to stop by and let us now what they think...PLEASE

Posted

well it seems some like splitting hair when they are unhappy so i just post as i like to beung a monk in in uncertain waters giggle

Posted

WOW! you guys have been sooooo accepting! Thank you. It's 1.13am on my side of the pond...so just wanted to jump on here quickly to say I spent a good part of today (well, yesterday...Thursday) working on the Blocking feature! It's a coming...uh oh...hope that doesn't mean you'll all come knocking on my door if there's a "bug" hehehe. But of course, you must...I want it to be right for you all

Seriously though, it's coming, so bear with the gays.com team...we've been working our "balls" of to make this happen.

I am going to accept all of you who friend requested me tomorrow...a lot of buttons to press, but with good results.

Be well...everyone.
Nite
T

Posted

welcome to the madness please wipe shoes

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

lol @ Satrer

Rod_Bell
Posted

Hope you all enjoy gays.com!

Posted

i being careful slightly drunk

Posted

@Satrer, thanks for the welcome...shoes are wiped
@Homer, I'm a Brit with a FANTASTIC sense of humour, I'm quick to laugh and slow to offend.
@Michael, thanks for helping me...much appreciated!
@Jony, okay...not only will you be able to report someone, you will be able to block them, we should be able to get a clearer picture of who really are being the big pain in the butts (pun intentended!) :0) in the future cos if you block em, we'll know and it will help the Gays.com team to deal with the spammers too.

As for your comments re members being pointed in the right place, I think you're right, you can explore the site little by little, but where to start?! So maybe we can think of an "induction" package...hmmm...I gots me some homework this weekend. Thanks for triggering off these ideas.

So to everyone, TFIF!

Posted

thank you for taking the time & listening to us Tara...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

okay Tara, i think we can be friends cause you are a really nice person lol

Posted

friends good long as don't make them pick up tab to often lol

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i will never ask any one to pick up my tab

Renee'_Diamond
Posted

who hear knows about Aaliyah>

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

dont know of the person sorry

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Sorry I don't know her either..

Posted

Aaliyah was a beautiful, beautiful singer whose life was gut very short in 2001 when her plane crashed. Check her out on youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=aaliyah+music+videos&aq=f

She was the 1990s version of "Rihanna" and Aaliyah also starred in a movie with Jet Li: Romeo Must Die (2001) loved both of them in that movie *sigh* so sad.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Thx Tara for the info we were talking about that in another discussion..I even went to my wal mart to see if they had her music...Thx again for the link...

Oh and who said the ladys on this group couldn't help with the discussion...LOL

Posted

actually Aaliyah reminds me of Selena...because both were incredible singers...but their lives were both cut short...i'm sure they had much more to contribute with their music...