LET'S TALK ABOUT MEN - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

as a gay man i want certain things i my life as well. love sex a long lasting relationship. however the only things that places the breaks on that is men who consider themselves gay but don't want people who are closest to them ot know meaning they're on the DL. who has the time or the patience for that. if i have a boyfriend i don't want our relationship to be a secret to no one so why is it that only men who are more fem so much braver than those who are so masculine...what's the deal

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

Jacob, i do not know what the deal is but i am a gay man that is totally out. i do not look or act fem. i feel the same way that you do my friend

David_Dubber
Posted

Hi Jacob,

Entirely agree with what Homer has stated. However, I do have some friends whose parents disowned them when they discovered their sons sexuality. Think that Homer and myself have been lucky and trust that you are as well.

Posted

lol its jacoby...so what if you're disowned does that make or break you...i'm just askin

Posted

O! Jacob,
I think, that mainly I agree with you! I am Not overtly fem...Nor, overtly masc.! What I've noticed in my 49 SHORT years on this planet is, men who are more fem fight tooth and nail for acceptance NOT ONLY in your/my sexuality, but on an AVERAGE just finding acceptance by society (including gay society) as a whole. So, everything that we've gained, we've had to fight hard for! I lost all family in my life for various reasons...including my sexuality! And, since, I am not overtly fem, nor overtly masc. it's been hard to be catagorized (sp?)! I do, personally, have respect MORE for any man who is being truthful...with his self, and the world that he lives in!
So, I personally am OUT...LOUD...And, so damn PROUD of my Homosexuality! (I am SINGLE, again for anyone who might be interested!!! LOL)

Danny_Baker
Posted

Say Hello Jacob, I Will Have To Entirely Agree With David - I Do Have Both Gay's and Bisexual's in My Family and Some are O.K. About it - But Then Some of My Family Can Get Very Mad About it To As Well - So I Did Not Come Out To My Family as of Yet and I Think That I Won't Be - It's Better That They Don't Know Every-Thing About Who We Are - It Keep's The Hater's in my Family Away - I Think and Hope ? But To My on and Off Line Friend's Who Do Know Me On Line - They Know Just How Bisexul I am - I Do Not Need Any of My Family When it Come To Sexual Thing's - And They Don't Ask ?

Posted

so danny you'd rather let your whole life pass you by without everyone in your family knowing the real you...dude you only have one life to life you should live everyday as if if your last and say to hell with everyone who dares to stop you from doing so... so if your family is filled to the brim with haters you've got to let them hate because they're not going any where and neither are you
and as for Kent...how has this affected your life so far...if you don't mind me asking

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

well jacoby not eveyone is like you some need to do things in there owne way to me who cares if one is out or not i have respect for what ever there choise is

Posted

i know that but why would yo or anyone matriculate through life living in the shadows or trying to live according to someone else's rules...if you don't want to live your life the way according to what you think is right then you should just shoot yourself

Posted

I was brought up in a "hater" religion. I thought that God (my concept of IT, then) even hated me! I hated myself horribly and completely! Probably, I hated myself MORE than anyone or anything else could. Then, I backed away...and, went through LOTS & LOTS of therapy work. And, my attitude is one that can be BEST described by Christ (OR WHATEVER HIGHER POWER AN INDIVIDUAL MAN MAY HAVE) : "You will know the truth...and, THE TRUTH will make you ""FREE""!!!

Posted

And...to sound a little cliche-ish...Damn men, Closets are made for clothes! It takes BALLS to march to the beat of a different drum! So easy to conform to values set upon our backs by society. I am here to tell you, it takes strength to be an authentic, original YOU!!!

:-)

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i agree Kent

Posted

me too...and speaking of being childish...i almost broke out into the different strokes theme song...remember it lol

Andy_Walker
Posted

WOW! Jacoby you have really opened a wriggling can of worms here. I suppose that I have been blessed by being raised in a large metropolitan city where sexuality comes a million miles second to personality.

I was in a m/m relationship for 9 years and my family totally embraced my partner as a member of the family, as did all my friends, straight and otherwise.

I do know, however, of guys who have been shunned and dis-owned by family and friends when they have been brave enough to exit the closet, and that makes me very sad and difficult to understand. As Kent pointed out, most of these guys had family from a religious background and you need to ask whether religion is cruel or kind. I am spiritual, but do not "Bible Bash". My version of God is that he loves and protects me, no matter what.

I am a great believer that truth and honesty, especially to yourself, is the key.

Posted

i know right...i really have my mind is really a work of art

JJ_NN
Posted

i totally agree with you Kent.

JJ

JJ_NN
Posted

but............Kent i hate cats.....................sorry

i am a dog man.

anyway good luck.

JJ

Andy_Walker
Posted

JJ...cats only like you when they are hungry. I, too, am a dog-person. Unfailingly loyal!

JJ_NN
Posted

jacoby, if i was in such a situation, i mean to be OUT to your family an god knows who anymore, i would say fuck them if they don't accept me as i am.

thank heavens, i am not in such a situation, i am out and proud..................................

so maybe it is for me too easy to comment this , the way i have done...............if so? sorry.

but i have meant it well.

JJ

Posted

wow...someone with my kind of thinking

JJ_NN
Posted

hahahaha, right you are Andy

JJ_NN
Posted

and i do like your comment,Andy , i have had a relationship for more than 14 years with a boy from Indonesia.

it finished because of family matters in his family to he went back to his country.

but he too was a member of my whole family and i think that are about 40 people at thia moment, maybe mor.

i am the youngest of 9 children........................

hugs,

JJ

JJ_NN
Posted

thanks,Jacoby

Andy_Walker
Posted

JJ....I am the eldest of 3. I am very close to my brother, my sister and my aging parents. They have always been 100% supportive of my choices. I suppose I am very lucky in that regard, because I have seen guys who are shunned because of their sexual choices.

Every situation is different, and I hope Jacoby can take some heart that there are some of us out here who support him. My rule of thumb is just to be "True unto Yourself", regardless of what others may think. That includes family.

JJ_NN
Posted

yes, you get it..........Andy.

JJ