meeting new people - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

MEETING NEW PEOPLE
i am 54 when i i first came out and on gay scene it appears to be have so much easier because of ther pub and club scene [ never been into cottageing trolling dogging etc] you got chance to meet and speak to other gay men , has all disapeared which to is sad and some what diluted now the way is on line its all most like shopping on line at tesco maybe the way of life i enjoyed as gone for ever showing my age agian, could somone explain sex with strangers, i do not get it, nothing better than being intimate with somone you love and care about.

Paul_Clevett
Posted

I totally agree. TBH it's pretty lonely out here

Andy_Walker
Posted

There is a good and a bad side to this. The good side is that all the introductory crap is out of the way before you meet someone (sort of like a "filter"). The bad side is the lack of chemistry when you physically meet, smell and look someone in the eye. I agree with both Peter and Paul in the sense that the whole idea of getting dressed, getting off your butt and hitting a club or a pub is much more fun than blobbing in front of a computer screen in your pyjamas and fantasising.

And, yes, once we hit our 50's we are looked upon as old fart intruders in club-land. It can be pretty soul-destroying.

Paul_Clevett
Posted

I'm not in my 50's yet but it is true, i've often thought how nice it would be if there was a gay cafe, or pub, not a rowdy night club, somewhere nice.

Andy_Walker
Posted

Paul I am not sure where you are, but here in Melbourne Australia, such places exist. They are very cool and sexy. People are very laid back if you just wander up and say "Hi".

Paul_Clevett
Posted

Yeah I'm in Uxbridge UK, so a bit of a walk to Australia, most of the places in London are night clubby.

Andy_Walker
Posted

I was in London recently and I agree. I felt a bit like a dinosaur in "club land". Having said that, if your "Gaydar" is in tune, there are plenty of other opportunities.

Posted

i like the chase i want to put in a bit effort i would sooner have to make up my mind in the flesh than on screen on line how do you pick up ona smile a glint in his eyes theres more to flirting than what you into,etc i am not that shallow that the of a persons eyes would put me off but if some one could make me smile that may do the trick [well maybe]cemistry cannot be defined in a still photo but if you want annonmous sex at the press of a key pad thats ok i wish you well, its just not enough for me

Rod_Bell
Posted

Interesting thought, gentlemen. I turn 50 next monthvand miss having a sig other. I don't go to clubs, but
I chat online. What I have learned, is that you meet more people by pursuing social/club/association functions you may meet someone. Younger people aren't always interested in older men.

JJ_NN
Posted

why do i always agree with you Andy, are you such a wise man????????????????/

anyway i have told it before i have had a long term relationship, and believe me it is much and much better thtan on night stands and such.
i am single for a bout 3-4 years and now and then i meet someone in the sauna, but when he is gone the next morning, i have always a bad feeling about it....................yes i have had sex.........................but without love, it is really just sex, almost animal......................

hugs. JJ