Anti social networking sites? - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

I know this isnt really related to lesbian life style but it kind of bugs me anyway and its slightly related to this site. It seems more and more that chatting and making friends online is a big waste of time and effort.
If I ever try and meet up I find that people even after swapping numbers seem to magically loose there phones the day before. Or the phone runs out of battery at the last moment. It kind of feels like people just like collecting cool pictures of people online and thats about it. I've been chatting to some one online casually for the last few months and I thought it would be cool to meet at a concert she was coming too. I told her about it and we swapped numbers. Well I sent her a txt and no reply. Sent it again then phoned, straight onto answer phone. I'd already booked tickets so I went down anyway. I saw her and afew of her friends standing outside so I went over and said hi. She just smiled like I was maybe some random crazy person so I explained who I was and tried to start some kind of casual convo about her life and stuff but no joy. I thought wow maybe she got into an accident or and lost her memory or some thing. Or maybe she thought I was some kind of AI fb bot? Well I started hanging with her friend instead and we got on a much better even thought we'd not chatted about anything before that day.

So is there any real point in talking to some one online? And anyone else feel the same way?

Vannesa_Mcmurray
Posted

There is but you just have to find the right people to be friends with

jessicazylee
Posted

and some people just dont want to meet up in RL... internet is appealing for anonymity, and they dont want to leave their comfort zone. let's face it... at the end of the day, can u really verify I am who I say I am?

Posted

Well if your not I'd have a hard time recognising you if you were a 6ft some thing guy posing as a lesbian woman . I know there are horror stories of people looking to kidnap and torture. If most people are on social networking sites to make friendships; Maybe they work long hours and can online chat late at night etc. Whats the point it being too shy or untrustworthy to actually got and meet some one who lives close who you share common interests with.

As long as your cautious, don't invite them to meet at your house/go to there house. Bring a friend along with you, don't meet just for sex. Don't give out your house address I don't think there's any reason to worry.

jessicazylee
Posted

LoL. far from 6ft,... very far from it hahaha

and not just physical harm, but scammers and stalkers [for a very long time, i used pictures of green mushrooms as my avatar whenever i was online because my ex was following me.... the green mushrooms thing is a pun from my chinese name]. i also am on here because i'm currently living in a new country, and i'm not quite up to stuff on the language just yet, so i just chat with ppl online

Posted

i get the same thing! and i also hate when they just lie, they say their interested but their not really. i mean then why bother add me. I think some girls use the internet to chat to ppl out of boredom, its hurtful when you want something serious

Posted

btw i thought this was about anti social networking sites like formspring and facebook, their anti social in a way x

Posted

Yeah form spring, facebook, myspace, they all started off being useful but ended up as pointless wastes of time. Formspring I don't get maybe its just a way to show the world you are actually alive and not dead, but that doesn't always work because now people can get a bot to post for them while they are away.

Posted

man sometimes i believe these sites are just for whoever has the best cool pic or a clever lil slogan...i feel ya

Rebecca_Grant
Posted

i hate face book and although many people have explained it to me i still dont get the point of it

Rachel_Kind
Posted

I have meet up with ppl from online in real life twice and the were let downs both times.

I tried meeting up with someone from this site I gave her my number and then she never gave me hers and the day we were gunna meet up she made up a bullshit excuse.

Honestly if you don't want to just say your uncomfortabul meeting outside the internet. I mean Fuck I just want to make friends not murder you shhhesh