What's your story about how well we're doing as the caretaker of this planet? - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

From what I learned from the Bible, we're suppose to be caretakers of this land God has given us. But as I look around, I see a huge mess in the making. Do you think all Christians should be pro-green and anti-animal cruelty?

Timothy_Brown
Posted

Yes, I do, Freeja 桐桐. Very much so and I think that we need to be kinder to one another.

Posted

Unfortunately, God made one mistake. He made us human. It is just not now that we are destroying our home. We can look back in history and see this is just a repeat. London for example was almost unlivable during the industrial revolution. The US was plagued with bad air, from steel mills, generating plants, and all that polluted the air and waters of our pristine lands all in the name of money.

So, what have we learned over all these eons? Nothing. We continue to pollute, argue whether their is climate change, if our emissions are harming the planet. We haven't learned a thing and as the saying goes, if we do not learn from history, we are bound to repeat it.

I am very sure God is not pleased with how we are caring for the home She/He built for us.

Posted

yes, we are humans, but since we are born-again Christians, I think "we"can do better. As we mature in Christ, we should learn to stop repeating our past mistakes but to continuously grown and mature in Him. That's why I asked this question. I do think it's an area not covered enough in the Christian community.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I agree with both Patrick and Freeja. Well said!

Posted

Freeja, remember when you were in school and how you hated going to history class and wondered why you had to learn about England in the 18th Century.... Again, if we do not learn from history we are bound to repeat it. And God knows we repeat our mistakes constantly.

As I told my right-winger friend the other day about global climate change. Maybe it is a fraud... maybe they did play with the numbers, but maybe they didn't. Wouldn't you rather error on the side of protecting our planet? "Hell no," was his response. "We need this energy to make business go."

And he was a history major.

Posted

Well, being a history major doesn't mean he really knows the "real" history. History is written by the victors. I would recommend the book, "People's History of United States." It totally blew my mind and gave me a brand new view on what we considered "our" history. food for thought!

Posted

Let's call a spade a spade. As long as politics and politicians are being run by lobbyists, especially now, we are going to see a downward spiral toward less and less protection for our environment. We can hug trees until the bark eats our skin away, but until these people are regulated, and I don't mean self regulated, they are going to have a free hand to do whatever they wish. Just read the news and see what is happening and what they want to happen. The Coke brothers are a fine example of who is running things in Washington, and there is no doubt there are Coke brothers all over the world.