Just wanted to get this off my chest. - Looking for LOVE!!!

Posted

I got stood up last week, never thought he would do that. Had only just really met him, through mutual aquaitances & I was so into him it was scary for me so I guess I might have scared him off by coming on too strong from the outset. Thing is, when I am into someone I can't play it cool & be all like "whatever man, no trouble, call me whenever" I'm just oversensitive I guess but when two people make an arrangment to meet up on a given day, & seal the deal (so to speak) with such a lovely snog & grope then stand you up its bad enough, but this typical man beheviour of not calling not texting not responding to my calls or texts, I mean what is that about except pure fucking cowardice? Common courtesy demands you at least let them know you've changed your mind, doesn't it? So anyway, feel better for that, thanks for listening. Peace to you all. A.

Posted

I know what you're talking about, I had a similar thing happen to me - I call him a flake, but cowardice is probably a big part of it.. except in my case he was somewhat courteous enough to come up with a (lame) excuse in a 'dear john' email ...a week later.

Posted

I think we all get stood up a lot. I have had so many no shows that I cant keep track. I give it 15 min, if the guy is not @ the designated area in 15 I walk and go treat myself to something. Usually a Bernard Callebaut Chocolate. My ass is getting bigger guys, you gotta start showing up please Im making Bernard happy but I wanna be making you happy.

Posted

LOL, Csaba -- It is good to see you still have a great sence of humor after all of those turkeys stood you up! I think it is just part fo the game that we all get stuck in when we are single. Just be happy that it wasn't a real fake person who did show up and played with your heart just long enough to rip it out and walk away laughing, because those people are out there too! So the best advise for when you get stood up is to move on and have fun! Hey someone may see you doing in and start to admire you!

Posted

Exactly - mine played with my heart for 2 months, albeit online, until we finally met face to face, then dropped me after that day like it was nothing. Once is enough for me - no more chat chat chat for ages before meeting up!

Posted

LOL, Eric, dont let one bad exp. ruin all the fun you could be having. Keep chatting and meeting, but let the experience make you wiser to spot the fakes and people that will do things like this. Wisdom comes with age and experience, without both you just get old!

Posted

Well it seemed pretty real and sincere at the time, I'm still not sure I could distinguish a flake, the experience has only taught me to be more cautious - but how do I keep someone at arm's length during the initial stages and still show them i'm into them? or do I just have to keep doing what I was doing and learn to take the rejection when it happens?

Posted

There you've put your finger up it Eric! How indeed? It seems to me learning to balance that delicate little juggling act is the one thing I seem incapable of doing. I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve & so I get burnt coz folk see me as an easy target I guess?

Posted

George, you're right of course, I have to just forget him, but you know sometimes its easy said & not so easy done, but hey, his loss right?

Posted

I concur on both points. I still think about 'him' just about every day, though I know he's not worth it and it's time to move on.
I'll let you know when I figure out how to balance those things.